GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't know. I do feel like she (fw) lied all the way from the grand jury, to the press, the searches, and interviews later. She stuck with it all the way.

Liquidate FWF and hand everything to the families. Oh yes, there is a wrongful death suit coming! Maybe the state will prosecute her to be sure she is liable in the suit.
Something is off. I don't know that she knew they did the murders, but when she bought those bullet proof vests and armor she spent over $1000 on it. She said he wouldn't wear it. She was afraid for him. She thought whoever shot the Rhodens would come after him next. I guess she had to know he was involved in something then because whoever shot the Rhoden wouldn't be after Billy if he wasn't into anything nefarious right? Say she didn't know they did this horrific crime. What did she think they were involved in that would put him in danger? She couldn't recall where she bought the stuff from. It was SO easy to clear up, why didn't see take so long to provide the receipts. I mean good grief you buy $1000 worth of something and can't track down where you bought it and body armor at that.. not an every day purchase for most people. It seems she was less than cooperative, which leads me to question why. She certainly had her share of dealings with the court to get her money on these land deals. So she can't say she was paranoid about being framed. Seems she used the law to her advantage plenty of times.. no reason for her to fear being framed unless she's into some illegal things not revealed yet.

Something is off. I don't know that she knew they did the murders, but when she bought those bullet proof vests and armor she spent over $1000 on it. She said he wouldn't wear it. She was afraid for him. She thought whoever shot the Rhodens would come after him next. I guess she had to know he was involved in something then because whoever shot the Rhoden wouldn't be after Billy if he wasn't into anything nefarious right? Say she didn't know they did this horrific crime. What did she think they were involved in that would put him in danger? She couldn't recall where she bought the stuff from. It was SO easy to clear up, why didn't see take so long to provide the receipts. I mean good grief you buy $1000 worth of something and can't track down where you bought it and body armor at that.. not an every day purchase for most people. It seems she was less than cooperative, which leads me to question why. She certainly had her share of dealings with the court to get her money on these land deals. So she can't say she was paranoid about being framed. Seems she used the law to her advantage plenty of times.. no reason for her to fear being framed unless she's into some illegal things not revealed yet.
The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I do think she knew more after the murders than she is letting on.

I still do not think, the judge will accept AW plea, and he will give her additional time. This is only agreement between the prosecutor and defense, The judge does not have to accept this, she plead guilty so that cannot be changed. And after she testified against GW4, I am sure he would jump at the chance to return the favor.

Wow, what a day. I am floored the Jury reached a verdict in eight hours. I wasn't even checking the site until tonight and was shocked to see there was a verdict so soon. The evidence and testimony must have been very compelling and obvious to the Jury. I am grateful they served their civic duty.

I joined Websleuths four years ago, just after the arrests. I've enjoyed learning about the legal process. No other case I've followed here has gone to trial (yet). It's also been important for those of us that live outside of SW Ohio, both the good and the bad. The good was learning about the Appalachian culture, the bad was learning how wealthy families in SW Ohio can abuse the system.

I can only hope a camera caught the look on G4's face when the verdict was read. We will never see his styling vest again, from here on in he will be in prison issue threads and shackles.

Many congratulations to Angie Canepa, Andy Wilson and Rob Junk. They have all put their heart and soul into this investigation and trial for so many years.

And finally, thanks to Judge Deering, what a way to retire.

JMO

And this is what MOST Appalachian families believe. So proud of you Tony. The jury has spoken LOUD AND CLEAR..... GUILTY!

<modsnip - off topic> I was touched by Tony Rhoden's words and the grace he showed. Sometimes people are given just so much more than they can handle and I am glad this family is close and they have one another to lean on. Him saying the woman in the courthouse is the reason he is standing.. ugh tears again. They have endured so much. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I still do not think, the judge will accept AW plea, and he will give her additional time. This is only agreement between the prosecutor and defense, The judge does not have to accept this, she plead guilty so that cannot be changed. And after she testified against GW4, I am sure he would jump at the chance to return the favor.
And she still has the phone calls between her, Rita and Jake from in jail . The judge looks at things prisoners have done while waiting for their trials.

Thank you!

I really hope the jurors give interviews. If they do please post!!!!!

I love your deep thought out posts and would love to hear why you think the jury was able to decide 22 counts so quickly. I can hardly believe it.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks about how the jury was able to reach a verdict on 22 counts so quickly.

What does everyone think? Did George taking the stand hurt him?

Sorry. I should go back to read the posts, posters probably already gave these opinions. I am still taking time for this to all sink in!

I never expected a verdict for days! I feel hyper, like I drank a bunch of coffee or something! I'm feeling very emotional too towards the families. All these emotions.
I would love to hear from the jurors. They lived this trial for almost 3 months. I believe they decided individually as it had to be on their minds 24/7. They should be proud of their accomplishment today. I didn't think for a minute they would need to go over the evidence. I said it would be a matter of hours, Friday at the latest.

George's defense team had nothing to work with. Nothing!! George taking the stand was a joke.

<modsnip - off topic> I was touched by Tony Rhoden's words and the grace he showed. Sometimes people are given just so much more than they can handle and I am glad this family is close and they have one another to lean on. Him saying the woman in the courthouse is the reason he is standing.. ugh tears again. They have endured so much. :(
Is Tony a brother to Crsr?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to hear from the jurors. They lived this trial for almost 3 months. I believe they decided individually as it had to be on their minds 24/7. They should be proud of their accomplishment today. I didn't think for a minute they would need to go over the evidence. I said it would be a matter of hours, Friday at the latest.

George's defense team had nothing to work with. Nothing!! George taking the stand was a joke.
The foreperson probably took a vote to start and that's how it was decided so quickly.

The only thing most criminals regret is getting caught. The minute LE zeroed in on the W's, the clock started ticking down and any "rewards" they gained from killing 8 people became meaningless and beyond their grasp. The decisions they made destroyed their own lives along with their victims' lives. I still find it hard to believe that not one of four people stopped and asked the others during a family meeting,
"Hold it, everybody. Wait... wait... what are you all talking about doing here? Is there something in the well water?"
No, imo. Knowing the consequences, of course they wouldn't do it again.
I think trying to understand how they all were able to carry on with this plan and not stop to question.. look into cults and the manipulation. It's a slow process over time and the group mentality fuels it.. then I think AW was the leader of that cult and her manipulation is clear as day on those recordings. I'm sure the boys didn't get it at the time, but we can listen and hear her twisting things and coming from different angles until they gave in to her. If all they ever knew was manipulation and control and doing what's best for the 4 of them.. I don't know it's just a cult.

I'm thinking if they get called for duty again, being a juror on this case could allow them to be exempt. Some may be so traumatized, they can't answer the questionnaire to satisfaction of the attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper