GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to thank BCI agent Ryan Scheiderer. Seeing his emotions after the guilty verdict made me tear up. He has worked so hard and fought relentlessly to bring the Wagner family to justice, even as they threatened his own life. He is an outstanding agent, he should be proud of himself and the entire team at BCI.
Will have to look that up . I missed that . He gave so much working on this case. Bravo Ryan Scheiderer .

I think he will still go to trial. What does he have to lose? Nothing.

Possibly true. He's a thoughtless, stupid killer who is accustomed to getting whatever he wants in life. With his sense of entitlement, I could easily see him assuming he'll win and not caring about the expense and hard work of others wasted on his fantasy belief that he'll be acquitted.

I would love to hear from the jurors. They lived this trial for almost 3 months. I believe they decided individually as it had to be on their minds 24/7. They should be proud of their accomplishment today. I didn't think for a minute they would need to go over the evidence. I said it would be a matter of hours, Friday at the latest.

George's defense team had nothing to work with. Nothing!! George taking the stand was a joke.
Agree.. I think some see so much evidence and think it'll take weeks.. but much of that evidence was laying out the crime scene, giving each victim their time and then showing that BCI ruled everyone else out.. every other scenario was looked at.. some of that was done to prevent the defense from going with the maybe it was a drug deal gone bad, maybe it was a cartel. I loved that Wilson said they created the truck bed only after they heard the defense asking every witness about George's size.. they could see where that was going. It wasn't scrambling at the last minute to do something they should have done before, it was reacting to what they could see being an angle the defense was going to present.

Ultimately I think the jurors had weeks and weeks to consider so many scenarios and all the testimony. Maybe typical trials that are say 2-3 weeks they don't have time to process things alone before they have to discuss it so they have to work out a lot of things individually while deliberating. If they were able to think through things as they went along and then when they came together most had the similar/same thought process.. it would be easy to have a quick verdict. Again they also were not deciding if George physically used his gun to shoot anyone. That might have made it easier. They only had to believe he participated. Some trials it's a matter of deciding who was the trigger man.

Wow, what a day. I am floored the Jury reached a verdict in eight hours. I wasn't even checking the site until tonight and was shocked to see there was a verdict so soon. The evidence and testimony must have been very compelling and obvious to the Jury. I am grateful they served their civic duty.

I joined Websleuths four years ago, just after the arrests. I've enjoyed learning about the legal process. No other case I've followed here has gone to trial (yet). It's also been important for those of us that live outside of SW Ohio, both the good and the bad. The good was learning about the Appalachian culture, the bad was learning how wealthy families in SW Ohio can abuse the system.

I can only hope a camera caught the look on G4's face when the verdict was read. We will never see his styling vest again, from here on in he will be in prison issue threads and shackles.

Many congratulations to Angie Canepa, Andy Wilson and Rob Junk. They have all put their heart and soul into this investigation and trial for so many years.

And finally, thanks to Judge Deering, what a way to retire.

JMO
GW4 showed no emotion that I could see. I didn't know the Rhodens but have family just like them from northern Virginia at the Kentucky line. Yes good people!!

Agree.. I think some see so much evidence and think it'll take weeks.. but much of that evidence was laying out the crime scene, giving each victim their time and then showing that BCI ruled everyone else out.. every other scenario was looked at.. some of that was done to prevent the defense from going with the maybe it was a drug deal gone bad, maybe it was a cartel. I loved that Wilson said they created the truck bed only after they heard the defense asking every witness about George's size.. they could see where that was going. It wasn't scrambling at the last minute to do something they should have done before, it was reacting to what they could see being an angle the defense was going to present.

Ultimately I think the jurors had weeks and weeks to consider so many scenarios and all the testimony. Maybe typical trials that are say 2-3 weeks they don't have time to process things alone before they have to discuss it so they have to work out a lot of things individually while deliberating. If they were able to think through things as they went along and then when they came together most had the similar/same thought process.. it would be easy to have a quick verdict. Again they also were not deciding if George physically used his gun to shoot anyone. That might have made it easier. They only had to believe he participated. Some trials it's a matter of deciding who was the trigger man.
Yes, the state shut the defense down before it was their turn. They had nothing to work with, no more lies to tell

Something is off. I don't know that she knew they did the murders, but when she bought those bullet proof vests and armor she spent over $1000 on it. She said he wouldn't wear it. She was afraid for him. She thought whoever shot the Rhodens would come after him next. I guess she had to know he was involved in something then because whoever shot the Rhoden wouldn't be after Billy if he wasn't into anything nefarious right? Say she didn't know they did this horrific crime. What did she think they were involved in that would put him in danger? She couldn't recall where she bought the stuff from. It was SO easy to clear up, why didn't see take so long to provide the receipts. I mean good grief you buy $1000 worth of something and can't track down where you bought it and body armor at that.. not an every day purchase for most people. It seems she was less than cooperative, which leads me to question why. She certainly had her share of dealings with the court to get her money on these land deals. So she can't say she was paranoid about being framed. Seems she used the law to her advantage plenty of times.. no reason for her to fear being framed unless she's into some illegal things not revealed yet.
We will never know what BW told his mom. I guarantee it wasn't the truth, at least not initially. She thought ISIS came flying in from Iraq, to lonely Pike County Ohio, to murder a family bloodline.

Let me tell ya sumthin', the apple doesn't fall far from this family tree. Jmo

Last edited:
I would love to hear from the jurors. They lived this trial for almost 3 months. I believe they decided individually as it had to be on their minds 24/7. They should be proud of their accomplishment today. I didn't think for a minute they would need to go over the evidence. I said it would be a matter of hours, Friday at the latest.

George's defense team had nothing to work with. Nothing!! George taking the stand was a joke.

Wow, you were right! It actually was a matter of hours!

Do you have an idea of why George took the stand?

Anyone?

Day after day for three months, walking into the Pike County courtroom. Feel the burn Billy.
You know he is my nomination for the "Father of the Year". Such excellent parenting skills by this fine outstanding citizen, with the trigger finger scorpion tattoo. The way he taught his kids to look out for survellence cameras & cops, how to steal diesel and commit insurance fraud. Just wow. If he had just once ounce of being a real man he would have stopped the slaughter of 8 people and his own family would not be spending their lives in prison. What an absolute piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper