OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted from 3 MSM articles and none of them say Jake's testimony says Billy even went into Frankies. I have looked online for it and can't find it.

Jake testified he hoisted himself through Frankie's window because the doors were locked and he broke his knife trying to to break in, then Billy handed him his gun and he alone shot Frankie and HG. Then he went out the door locking it behind him. He mentioned walking by B sleeping on the couch and not seeing R in the bed till after he shot F & H G.

I haven't seen where Jake changed his testimony later and said that he then let Billy in through the door and for no reason Billy went and shot Frankie again, walking past the sleeping child on the couch yet again. Too risky to wake the child up by Billy doing all this for no reason.

There has to be a source for the information that Jake said on the stand one version of events at Frankie's then later when questioned changed his version and added in Billy. Why would Jake give 2 different versions of what happened at Frankies? If he did, then who reported on the 2nd version? The 2nd version being that Jake unlocked a door and let Billy in so Billy could shoot a person Jake already shot risking waking a sleeping child they have to keep walking by.

Someone said this somewhere but did a credible source say this or is it just social media rumor?

Wilson says Billy shot 3 people not 4, Frankie would be 4.

****** I would like to get this cleared up ******

IF ANYONE CAN FIND THE SOURCE FOR JAKE SAYING BILLY WAS SHOOTING FRANKIE PLEASE LINK THIS SOURCE, THANK YOU.

Does it matter? Yes. It matters who Billy shot, he is going to be having a trial unless he pleads guilty. If more than one person shot my loved one I would want to know.

I heard it, too. I'm busy today but will try to check tomorrow.

Thank you, appreciate you checking into this when you have time, no hurry. For me this is important - who Billy shot.

I have been wanting to know as much details as possible as to what happened that night and if one victim was actually shot by 2 people, such as both Jake and Billy shooting Chris, I want to know.

Frankie would be the 2nd victim shot by 2 shooters if this really did happen.

Thanks again if you can clear this up, very puzzling to me.

Billy killed Chris Sr., Gary, and Kenneth.

From Jake's direct testimony, he alone killed Frankie.

Jake also acknowledged that both George & Billy arrived at the 2nd & 3rd crime scenes but he alone shot the victims in the head, some several times.

Jake stated he did NOT remember seeing George enter the home of Frankie R. and Hannah Hazel when he opened the door.

10/14/22

WAVERLY, Ohio – With chilling detail and little emotion, Edward “Jake” Wagner on Monday admitted to shooting to death five of eight members of the Rhoden family in Pike County April 21-22, 2016.

In all-day testimony at the beginning of the eighth week of his brother George Wagner IV's murder trial, Jake Wagner said he shot Frankie Rhoden and his fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley, in one trailer home in Pike County that night. He then shot Dana Manley-Rhoden; her son, Christopher Rhoden Jr.; and her daughter, Hanna May Rhoden, at another nearby trailer home.

[..]

Jake Wagner also admitted to shooting Christopher Rhoden Sr., at yet another Pike County location, but not killing him. He likewise acknowledged traveling to the fourth and final crime scene, but not killing Kenneth Rhoden in his camper there.

Jake Wagner said his father, George “Billy” Wagner III, emerged from the home of Christopher Rhoden Sr. “very nervous” and emotional, “in a panic attack.”

[..]

George Wagner IV was along the night of the killings, his brother said.

Wagner IV was planning to fire first that night, at Chris Rhoden Sr.’s home, but failed to do so, Jake Wagner said

[..]

Jake Wagner said his father and brother arrived with him at the second and third crime scenes – but that he alone shot each victim in the head, some multiple times.

Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley were asleep when he entered through an open window, made his way to their bedroom and shot them, he said.

At the next scene, which he entered through the front door, Wagner shot Chris Rhoden Jr. while he slept in bed.

[..]

Jake Wagner could not recall whether George Wagner IV entered the home of Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley. “I don’t remember seeing him when I opened the door.”

At Dana Rhoden’s residence, Jake Wagner said, his father and brother remained in the kitchen and front room areas while he shot the victims there.

Last edited:
Billy killed Chris Sr., Gary, and Kenneth.

From Jake's direct testimony, he alone killed Frankie.

Jake also acknowledged that both George & Billy arrived at the 2nd & 3rd crime scenes but he alone shot the victims in the head, some several times.

Jake stated he did NOT remember seeing George enter the home of Frankie R. and Hannah Hazel when he opened the door.

10/14/22

WAVERLY, Ohio – With chilling detail and little emotion, Edward “Jake” Wagner on Monday admitted to shooting to death five of eight members of the Rhoden family in Pike County April 21-22, 2016.

In all-day testimony at the beginning of the eighth week of his brother George Wagner IV's murder trial, Jake Wagner said he shot Frankie Rhoden and his fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley, in one trailer home in Pike County that night. He then shot Dana Manley-Rhoden; her son, Christopher Rhoden Jr.; and her daughter, Hanna May Rhoden, at another nearby trailer home.

[..]

Jake Wagner also admitted to shooting Christopher Rhoden Sr., at yet another Pike County location, but not killing him. He likewise acknowledged traveling to the fourth and final crime scene, but not killing Kenneth Rhoden in his camper there.

Jake Wagner said his father, George “Billy” Wagner III, emerged from the home of Christopher Rhoden Sr. “very nervous” and emotional, “in a panic attack.”

[..]

George Wagner IV was along the night of the killings, his brother said.

Wagner IV was planning to fire first that night, at Chris Rhoden Sr.’s home, but failed to do so, Jake Wagner said

[..]

Jake Wagner said his father and brother arrived with him at the second and third crime scenes – but that he alone shot each victim in the head, some multiple times.

Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley were asleep when he entered through an open window, made his way to their bedroom and shot them, he said.

At the next scene, which he entered through the front door, Wagner shot Chris Rhoden Jr. while he slept in bed.

[..]

Jake Wagner could not recall whether George Wagner IV entered the home of Frankie Rhoden and Hannah Gilley. “I don’t remember seeing him when I opened the door.”

At Dana Rhoden’s residence, Jake Wagner said, his father and brother remained in the kitchen and front room areas while he shot the victims there.

I really like how you laid all this out. What you posted is the same that I am finding. I cannot find a single thing about Jake saying Billy shot Frankie, yet other posters say that Jake did say this in his testimony.

If Jake did say this I would need reliable MSM sources to confirm this really is Jake's testimony. Some day I might find out for myself if I decide to pay alot for the transcript of Jake's testimony. Someone offered to pay half, I might take them up on their offer.

Maybe a reliable source will post his testimony more word for word in a transcript. Angela's testimony would also be interesting to have, especially when the prosecution tears apart her lies about abuse.

She had nothing to say about it at that point.

Last edited:
I really like how you laid all this out. What you posted is the same that I am finding. I cannot find a single thing about Jake saying Billy shot Frankie, yet other posters say that Jake did say this in his testimony.

If Jake did say this I would need reliable MSM sources to confirm this really is Jake's testimony. Some day I might find out for myself if I decide to pay alot for the transcript of Jake's testimony. Someone offered to pay half, I might take them up on their offer.

Maybe a reliable source will post his testimony more word for word in a transcript. Angela's testimony would also be interesting to have, especially when the prosecution tears apart her lies about abuse.

She had nothing to say about it at that point.
I believe part of the confusion in alleging Billy also shot Frankie came from Jake's testimony that they approached Frankie's locked trailer twice and the second time Jake crawled through the window and Billy handed over his gun through the window once Jake was inside.

10/24/22

Jake Wagner pointed to the right portion of the front door. He testified that his father went into the trailer where Chris Rhoden Sr. was with his cousin, Gary Rhoden, and then Jake Wagner heard two gunshots.

Chris Rhoden Sr. was shot the most times of all the victims: six times in the face, once in the chest, once in the abdomen and once in the right forearm, according to testimony from a coroner official early in the trial.

Gary Rhoden was shot four times in the face.

Once the Wagner men reached Frankie Rhoden’s trailer, the three Wagner men checked the doors to see if they were locked.

They were, Jake testified, saying: “It could have been a kick-the-door-in type of situation.”

They walked back to Chris Rhoden Sr’s trailer, where Jake Wagner collected his cell phone and his cousin’s, Gary Rhoden.

All three Wagner men got into Chris Rhoden Sr.’s pickup truck and drove by Dana Rhoden’s trailer. They saw no lights on and knew she was not home, so they drove about 6.5 miles to Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer on Left Fork Road and then came right back to Chris Rhoden Sr.’s trailer.

They got out and walked to Frankie Rhoden’s trailer, where the doors were still locked so Jake Wagner said he tried to pry the back door open with his hunting knife but it broke off. He hoisted himself up and went in through a window.

He said his dad handed over his gun once he was inside.

[..]

Jake Wagner said he shot Frankie Rhoden in the head, which caused Gilley to stir and make “a waking-up sound.” So he leaned over and shot her as well.

[..]

He said he didn’t try to collect spent shell casings in the trailer because “To be frank, it was a mess.”

Jake Wagner said he left the trailer through the back door, locking it again once he left.

The Wagner men went to Dana Rhoden’s trailer and Jake Wagner said he went in alone through the unlocked door.

[..]

He said he picked up the shell casings and cell phones and took them. He missed one shell casing that investigators found under Kylie’s crib, according to previous testimony.

From there, the Wagner men got back into Chris Rhoden Sr.’s truck and drove back to his trailer, where George Wagner IV got out and got into the pickup truck they drove to the crime scenes.

Jake Wagner and his father went to Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer.

Once they arrived, Jake Wagner said he pulled up and left the headlights on while his father walked up and banged on the front door.

No one answered. Billy Wagner went inside while Jake Wagner said he remained in the truck.

Seconds later, Jake Wagner saw a muzzle flash and then his father came back out, according to his testimony.

Jake Wagner retrieved a trail camera and its hard drive off a tree. His brother arrived in the truck after their father came back out of Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer.

I believe part of the confusion in alleging Billy also shot Frankie came from Jake's testimony that they approached Frankie's locked trailer twice and the second time Jake crawled through the window and Billy handed over his gun through the window once Jake was inside.

10/24/22

Jake Wagner pointed to the right portion of the front door. He testified that his father went into the trailer where Chris Rhoden Sr. was with his cousin, Gary Rhoden, and then Jake Wagner heard two gunshots.

Chris Rhoden Sr. was shot the most times of all the victims: six times in the face, once in the chest, once in the abdomen and once in the right forearm, according to testimony from a coroner official early in the trial.

Gary Rhoden was shot four times in the face.

Once the Wagner men reached Frankie Rhoden’s trailer, the three Wagner men checked the doors to see if they were locked.

They were, Jake testified, saying: “It could have been a kick-the-door-in type of situation.”

They walked back to Chris Rhoden Sr’s trailer, where Jake Wagner collected his cell phone and his cousin’s, Gary Rhoden.

All three Wagner men got into Chris Rhoden Sr.’s pickup truck and drove by Dana Rhoden’s trailer. They saw no lights on and knew she was not home, so they drove about 6.5 miles to Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer on Left Fork Road and then came right back to Chris Rhoden Sr.’s trailer.

They got out and walked to Frankie Rhoden’s trailer, where the doors were still locked so Jake Wagner said he tried to pry the back door open with his hunting knife but it broke off. He hoisted himself up and went in through a window.

He said his dad handed over his gun once he was inside.

[..]

Jake Wagner said he shot Frankie Rhoden in the head, which caused Gilley to stir and make “a waking-up sound.” So he leaned over and shot her as well.

[..]

He said he didn’t try to collect spent shell casings in the trailer because “To be frank, it was a mess.”

Jake Wagner said he left the trailer through the back door, locking it again once he left.

The Wagner men went to Dana Rhoden’s trailer and Jake Wagner said he went in alone through the unlocked door.

[..]

He said he picked up the shell casings and cell phones and took them. He missed one shell casing that investigators found under Kylie’s crib, according to previous testimony.

From there, the Wagner men got back into Chris Rhoden Sr.’s truck and drove back to his trailer, where George Wagner IV got out and got into the pickup truck they drove to the crime scenes.

Jake Wagner and his father went to Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer.

Once they arrived, Jake Wagner said he pulled up and left the headlights on while his father walked up and banged on the front door.

No one answered. Billy Wagner went inside while Jake Wagner said he remained in the truck.

Seconds later, Jake Wagner saw a muzzle flash and then his father came back out, according to his testimony.

Jake Wagner retrieved a trail camera and its hard drive off a tree. His brother arrived in the truck after their father came back out of Kenneth Rhoden’s trailer.
It was JW’s testimony where that was said.
1673912829171.png1673912829171.png

James pilcher on Twitter on 10/26/22 said:

Parker also tried to get Jake to admit to moving the bodies of Chris Rhoden Sr. and his cousin Gary Rhoden. Jake didn’t change his story. But Jake also disclosed for the first time that father Billy also shot Frankie Rhoden after he did. @local12

View attachment 395772View attachment 395772

Parker also tried to get Jake to admit to moving the bodies of Chris Rhoden Sr. and his cousin Gary Rhoden. Jake didn’t change his story. But Jake also disclosed for the first time that father Billy also shot Frankie Rhoden after he did. @local12

Thanks guys.
I was sure this was likely said on Twitter by a reporter if true because I couldn't find it in any MSM articles.

So I have one more puzzle for all you sleuths.

According to what Seattle posted above,

All 3 left Chris Sr's trailer, Billy and Jake in one vehicle driving over to Kenny's and George driving the pickup truck alone.

Billy shot Kenny then left his camper, Jake stole Kenny's trail camera and it's hard drive off a tree, then George Wagner drove up in the pickup truck.

I thought it was Jake's testimony that George was used as a lookout at the end of Left Fork Rd, the Rd Kenny lived on. This testimony makes it sound like George just arrived at Kenny's from having come from Chris Sr's trailer. As if he wasn't a lookout.

So can anyone find Jake's testimony where he says he and Billy went to Kenny's while George was down the road acting as the lookout?

Thanks for the help in finding information.

I feel the reason these murders got so little attention other than local was because most people could not in any way relate to the victims or the community. The initial national coverage included coverage of the junkyard looking property. In fact, several media sources actually referred to it as a junkyard. Then, when some media actually ventured into Piketon and reported on the citizens, they reacted badly as they did not like how they were portrayed. Even if it was an accurate portrayal. The "like the McCoy and Hatfields" saying came from the Governor himself. Chicken fighting, etc further distanced these murders even more from modern society. It got the coverage it deserved from the local media. It was not worthy of national coverage beyond the initial coverage.

<modsnip - Comparing attention/coverage of different case(s) is not allowed>

And surely the statement that the Rhoden murders were the worst murders in humanity is nothing more than hyperbole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Dudley and Skully67. I knew he said this. It was unexpected. We’ll have to see where it goes. I think Jake started out trying to take the blame and help some of his family members, but eventually let some things slip.

I feel the reason these murders got so little attention other than local was because most people could not in any way relate to the victims or the community. The initial national coverage included coverage of the junkyard looking property. In fact, several media sources actually referred to it as a junkyard. Then, when some media actually ventured into Piketon and reported on the citizens, they reacted badly as they did not like how they were portrayed. Even if it was an accurate portrayal. The "like the McCoy and Hatfields" saying came from the Governor himself. Chicken fighting, etc further distanced these murders even more from modern society. It got the coverage it deserved from the local media. It was not worthy of national coverage beyond the initial coverage.

<modsnip - comparing attention/coverage of different case(s) is not allowed> And surely the statement that the Rhoden murders were the worst murders in humanity is nothing more than hyperbole.
Well, thanks for sharing.

<modsnip - inappropriate criticism of some true crime followers> That probably does affect which criminal cases they feel are important. I will say that as a college grad myself, I disagree with your premise. Some of us follow cases to ensure those not in the upper reaches of society still receive justice.

JMO, I think the Rhoden/Gilley murders and subsequent trials have garnered a lot of media coverage, in spite of the location being in a fairly small town that’s a couple hours distant from 2 major metro areas. There was national coverage on most of the major tv networks, Law and Crime, Washington Post, etc. Billy’s trial will probably get similar coverage. If it doesn’t get a lot of TikTock or whatever fad social media coverage, it won’t really matter.

All of the highly educated professionals who worked for years to solve the murders and bring justice to the survivors obviously thought it was a worthwhile effort. The governor himself was in tears after Jakes confession and GW4s conviction, so he obviously cared a great deal about the victims and their families. IIRC, the governor has a law degree and spent many years serving as a prosecutor, attorney general and a US Senator.

True, some Americans who follow true crime stories prefer to follow the ones involving wealthy or upper middle class people. <modsnip - unnecessary commentary>
It nice that we live in a country where we celebrate our differences.

<modsnip - comparing attention/coverage of different case(s) is not allowed> And surely the statement that the Rhoden murders were the worst murders in humanity is nothing more than hyperbole.

It was the marijuana grows that derailed the momentum. There was lots of initial national interest and an immediate $25,000 donation and planned fundraisers and vigils and talk of funeral money being raised and lots of public sympathy etc...

All that went away along with the $25,000 reward money because of DeWine making sure the world knew that not only were marijuana grows found, but that one was a commercial grow not for personal use. Reader said it wasn't just a couple of pot plants in the window.

Everything did a complete 180 after that. Suddenly it was all over the news that this was the work of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. Tons of coverage talked about Sinaloa camps being found, Cartel busts in Ohio, "experts" saying it was the Cartel, how it couldn't be solved because the killers were back in Mexico, why didn't Chris live a fancier life with all his drug money, why did the Cartel leave the children alive when they kill everyone, and just on and on.

MSM and social media couldn't stop talking about a drug connection even saying all the R's were drug dealers, they brought it on themselves, Chris brought it on his family, on and on negative remarks about the victims.

The victims went from being a nice country rural family who didn't deserve this, to being a family of drug smugglers who got in over their heads and got themselves killed. Never would have happened if they just had stayed out of drugs.

Another factor in national coverage drying up is the fear factor. The guy who took back his $25,000 reward offer said he did so out of fear that the Cartel would retaliate against he and his family. The murders were so horrendous that they terrified people.

"Experts" warned that the Cartel was sending a message to everyone, that you don't infringe on their territory. Chris was accused of taking away Cartel business with his own competing grow operation. Chris angered the Cartel so they got revenge and sent a message, this is our area - back off or pay the price.

This is the catalyst for the nation backing off and for any negative press coverage. Poor Appalachian culture, teen girls skipping college having babies way too young, Illegal *advertiser censored* fighting, Rhoden boys were violent and met a violent end, photos emphasizing trailers with old vehicles in their yards, why did the Rhodens have so many cars?

A friend or relative gave an interview explaining that the sympathy and public generosity dried up after the marijuana grows were mentioned. I believe the family wanted to be left alone due to negative coverage.

It was 2 1/2 years before arrests. 2 1/2 years of Cartel drug speculation. After arrests headlines were "It wasn't drugs, it wasn't drugs, it wasn't drugs."

"It was custody not drugs, it was custody not drugs, it was custody not drugs."

It was the marijuana grows that derailed the momentum. There was lots of initial national interest and an immediate $25,000 donation and planned fundraisers and vigils and talk of funeral money being raised and lots of public sympathy etc...

All that went away along with the $25,000 reward money because of DeWine making sure the world knew that not only were marijuana grows found, but that one was a commercial grow not for personal use. Reader said it wasn't just a couple of pot plants in the window.

Everything did a complete 180 after that. Suddenly it was all over the news that this was the work of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel. Tons of coverage talked about Sinaloa camps being found, Cartel busts in Ohio, "experts" saying it was the Cartel, how it couldn't be solved because the killers were back in Mexico, why didn't Chris live a fancier life with all his drug money, why did the Cartel leave the children alive when they kill everyone, and just on and on.

MSM and social media couldn't stop talking about a drug connection even saying all the R's were drug dealers, they brought it on themselves, Chris brought it on his family, on and on negative remarks about the victims.

The victims went from being a nice country rural family who didn't deserve this, to being a family of drug smugglers who got in over their heads and got themselves killed. Never would have happened if they just had stayed out of drugs.

Another factor in national coverage drying up is the fear factor. The guy who took back his $25,000 reward offer said he did so out of fear that the Cartel would retaliate against he and his family. The murders were so horrendous that they terrified people.

"Experts" warned that the Cartel was sending a message to everyone, that you don't infringe on their territory. Chris was accused of taking away Cartel business with his own competing grow operation. Chris angered the Cartel so they got revenge and sent a message, this is our area - back off or pay the price.

This is the catalyst for the nation backing off and for any negative press coverage. Illegal *advertiser censored* fighting, Rhoden boys were violent and met a violent end, negative remarks about the people in the area being ...... well you get the picture.

A friend or relative gave an interview explaining that the sympathy and public generosity dried up after the marijuana grows were mentioned. The family wanted to be left alone due to negative coverage.

It was 2 1/2 years before arrests. 2 1/2 years of Cartel drug speculation. After arrests headlines were "It wasn't drugs, it wasn't drugs, it wasn't drugs."
Dana's dad had it right a couple days after the murders. " Someone that knew those dogs."

Dana's dad had it right a couple days after the murders. " Someone that knew those dogs."

That, and when asked by the Daily Mail why he thought the murders occurred, he said road rage or custody.

BCI should have listened to him. It wasn't until later that, according to Scheiderer, they started getting suspicious of the Wagners over custody. Discrepancies in what the Wagner's said about custody vs what everyone else said.

Another thing Scheiderer noticed about the careless Wagners was dozens of spent shell casings all over the ground at Peterson Rd when he just went to talk to them, he wasn't doing a search.

Last edited:
That, and when asked by the Daily Mail why he thought the murders occurred, he said road rage or custody.

BCI should have listened to him. It wasn't until later that, according to Scheiderer, they started getting suspicious of the Wagners over custody. Discrepancies in what the Wagner's said about custody vs what everyone else said.

Another thing Scheiderer noticed about the careless Wagners was dozens of spent shell casings all over the ground at Peterson Rd when he just went to talk to them, he wasn't doing a search.
I caught the custody part but had the wrong person. I thought he meant the road rage lady might lose custody of her kids because the Rs pushed to get her in court over it. I thought he was accusing her or someone she knew. Nothing had been said about JW and HR custody dispute…

View attachment 395772View attachment 395772
Thank you @Dudly.

It appears from multiple MSM that under Jake's direct testimony on 10/24/ 22, he was firm that he killed 5 of 8 of the victims and he alone shot and killed Frankie after he crawled through the window and Billy handed him his gun. Jake also testified he couldn't remember seeing George inside Frankie's trailer after he opened the door and made no mention of Billy going inside.

However, under cross-examination by the defense on 10/26/20, with Parker reading from Jake's confession, Jake then revised his testimony to add that when Frankie was already dead, Billy shot him again in the head.

Ultimately, I think it remains undisputed that Jake killed 5 of the 8 victims and Billy killed 3: Chris Sr., Kenneth, and Gary.

10/26/22

Parker read from Jake's statements to the prosecution during his confession, highlighting that Jake had told them George tried to talk him out of the homicides altogether.

"George didn't like the idea whatsoever," Parker read.

Jake's statement also said George went along with him and their father to protect Jake, believing it was possible Billy could turn on Jake in the course of events. Jake told the jury it was his understanding that George never intended to kill anyone that night.

Jake recounted more from the murder scenes; he said at Frankie and Hannah Hazel's house, the coon hounds around back barked loudly when he approached the trailer. He also disclosed that, after Frankie was already dead, Billy had shot him too. Parker asked when he'd told the state that information and Jake said it was around July 2022.

He told the jury that dyeing his hair before the homicides had nothing to do with the murders, and said he'd told the prosecution that himself on multiple occasions.

Thank you @Dudly.

It appears from multiple MSM that under Jake's direct testimony on 10/24/ 22, he was firm that he killed 5 of 8 of the victims and he alone shot and killed Frankie after he crawled through the window and Billy handed him his gun. Jake also testified he couldn't remember seeing George inside Frankie's trailer after he opened the door and made no mention of Billy going inside.

However, under cross-examination by the defense on 10/26/20, with Parker reading from Jake's confession, Jake then revised his testimony to add that when Frankie was already dead, Billy shot him again in the head.

Ultimately, I think it remains undisputed that Jake killed 5 of the 8 victims and Billy killed 3: Chris Sr., Kenneth, and Gary.

10/26/22

Parker read from Jake's statements to the prosecution during his confession, highlighting that Jake had told them George tried to talk him out of the homicides altogether.

"George didn't like the idea whatsoever," Parker read.

Jake's statement also said George went along with him and their father to protect Jake, believing it was possible Billy could turn on Jake in the course of events. Jake told the jury it was his understanding that George never intended to kill anyone that night.

Jake recounted more from the murder scenes; he said at Frankie and Hannah Hazel's house, the coon hounds around back barked loudly when he approached the trailer. He also disclosed that, after Frankie was already dead, Billy had shot him too. Parker asked when he'd told the state that information and Jake said it was around July 2022.

He told the jury that dyeing his hair before the homicides had nothing to do with the murders, and said he'd told the prosecution that himself on multiple occasions.

Very helpful, I hope you post if Billy has a trial. You also had posted a good article of Angela's testimony, she mentioned a letter written to Fred amongst other details.

Jake said he and George dyed their hair to look like Daryl from Walking Dead. He also said he watched Boondock Saints to psych himself up, confirming what Canepa had said long before Jake confessed.

"George Wagner and his brother dyed their hair dark brown like the Daryl Dixon character in “The Walking Dead,” Jake Wagner said.

To psych himself up before the killings, he told the jury he watched “The Boondock Saints,” a 1999 movie featuring brothers who become vigilantes after killing two members of the Russian Mafia in self-defense.

He SMILED when prosecutors played a clip of it in court."

Last edited:
I thought I heard that Billy shot Frankie also but would appreciate any clarification on this too.

Im still here but been Mia since early December. My first son December 7 unexpectedly, worse still he had doctor appointment booked for the 8th. He wasnt feeling very good for a few days before. Oh how I wish he had still been living at home, he wouldn't have been alone.
I don't seem able to concentrate very well so won't post very much just now. I need time as do the rest of the family. We are all supporting each other, and I have a lovely friend who is giving me support and such kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here