OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. His attorneys said he had a 7th grade education. I don’t think many with that education can write a paper, wording wise, or penmanship wise, like that.
I believe the 7th grade education mentioned by Billy's attorney was to throw people off, to mislead people. I believe Billy's attorney said this specifically to make Billy seem that he was NOT smart enough to mastermind 8 murders in 4 locations.

The attorney said:

"Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history."

Quote is from this MSM article that unfortunately is now deleted:
Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial

BUT....

Then (2-3 years later) in a Pre-Trial Hearing Billy's attorneys say the COMPLETE OPPOSITE and say he is a unique personality and unique individual and VERY INTELLIGENT and is involved with what he wants his trial strategy to be (Billy can strategize) and tells his attorneys when he is not happy with their trial strategy and he understands the logistics of his Case.

See Hearing Transcript that I screenshot.

This proves he is SMART and could have masterminded the murders as Angela alleged in her testimony.

This video provides a link to my screenshot as required by TOS.

This is a working link, click on "WATCH ON YOUTUBE" for video with the transcript.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230113-141418.png
    Screenshot_20230113-141418.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I believe the 7th grade education mentioned by Billy's attorney was to throw people off, to mislead people. I believe Billy's attorney said this specifically to make Billy seem that he was NOT smart enough to mastermind 8 murders in 4 locations.

The attorney said:

"Collins said investigators have labeled his client the mastermind of the murder plot but said Wagner has a seventh-grade education and no serious criminal history."

Quote is from this MSM article that unfortunately is now deleted:
Defense attorney pushes to move Rhoden family murder trial

BUT....

Then (2-3 years later) in a Pre-Trial Hearing Billy's attorneys say the COMPLETE OPPOSITE and say he is a unique personality and unique individual and VERY INTELLIGENT and is involved with what he wants his trial strategy to be (Billy can strategize) and tells his attorneys when he is not happy with their trial strategy and he understands the logistics of his Case.

See Hearing Transcript that I screenshot.

This proves he is SMART and could have masterminded the murders as Angela alleged in her testimony.

This video provides a link to my screenshot as required by TOS.

This is a working link, click on "WATCH ON YOUTUBE" for video with the transcript.

I never said he's not smart. He is very street smart. I don't know about academically. I just don't believe that he himself printed that court document. I would say he had help. But then, I wasn't there, and this is just my opinion.

I never said he's not smart. He is very street smart. I don't know about academically. I just don't believe that he himself printed that court document. I would say he had help. But then, I wasn't there, and this is just my opinion.

I agree he had help, I would need help writing a Motion. He didn't need anything printed out, he wrote it on notebook paper. I think he had help with how to write it, the correct spelling, and understanding the legal term "pro se."

But I also think the writing is not better than what he could do. The lettering is not that good.
Cursive letters mixed in with his printed words, incomplete letters, some letters larger than others, etc...

Maybe he didn't write it, but really it doesn't matter who wrote it.

What matters, and the point I was making, is that Billy's attorney used the fact that Billy dropped out of 8th grade as a way to distance Billy from the murders. Insinuating that Billy wasn't smart enough - with only a 7th grade education - to mastermind multiple murders according to Investigators.

This becomes more relevant with the testimony Angie gave in front of George's jury. Testimony she will no doubt give in front of Billy's jury.

Angie testified that she convinced Billy that there was abuse taking place. She said they wanted Jake to get full custody with only supervised visits for Hanna, but Hanna refused to allow this. She said if Hanna had allowed this the murders wouldn't have happened. Angie said it was Billy's idea to commit Murder. BCI recorded Billy telling Angela he had a solution to their problem.

(In questioning her the prosecution got Angie to admit that the only "abuse" she could think of was Frankie giving one kiss on the lips and that there had been NO reason for her to call CPS and that there had been NO reason for her to refuse to give the child back to Hanna after Jake had her)

She also testified that Billy was afraid the Rhodens would seek revenge and kill them all so it was his idea to kill multiple Rhoden family members rather than just kill Hanna. And that when she purchased murder items she was following Billy's instructions.

This is when it is handy for Billy's attorneys to paint Billy as a very uneducated 8th grade dropout who is incapable of coming up with all these ideas for murder and mayhem.

Unfortunately for Billy's defense, as I pointed out, they "fell under Billy's spell" and proclaimed in a 2021 Court Hearing that Billy actually is intelligent, unique, can strategize and understands the dynamics of Court Proceedings. They inadvertently made the point that Billy is perfectly capable of planning multiple murders.

And hey, you don't have to have good penmanship skills or a high school diploma to do so.
So much for the 7th grade education defense.

I guess they will have to stick with his co-defendants are liars and he didn't even live with Angie, Jake and George and that he fought with George and argued with Angie - considering himself divorced from her - and was simply content to just bring doughnuts over twice a week.

Phone overnight at Peterson Rd? Must of just accidentally left it there when bringing the doughnuts.

Last edited:
I agree he had help, I would need help writing a Motion. He didn't need anything printed out, he wrote it on notebook paper. I think he had help with how to write it, the correct spelling, and understanding the legal term "pro se."

But I also think the writing is not better than what he could do. The lettering is not that good.
Cursive letters mixed in with his printed words, incomplete letters, some letters larger than others, etc...

What matters, and the point I was making, is that Billy's attorney used the fact that Billy dropped out of 8th grade as a way to distance Billy from the murders. Insinuating that Billy wasn't smart enough - with only a 7th grade education - to mastermind multiple murders according to Investigators.

This becomes more relevant with the testimony Angie gave in front of George's jury. Testimony she will no doubt give in front of Billy's jury.

Angie testified that she convinced Billy that there was abuse taking place. She said they wanted Jake to get full custody with only supervised visits for Hanna, but Hanna refused to allow this. She said if Hanna had allowed this the murders wouldn't have happened. Angie said it was Billy's idea to commit Murder. BCI recorded Billy telling Angela he had a solution to their problem.

(In questioning her the prosecution got Angie to admit that the only "abuse" she could think of was Frankie giving one kiss on the lips and that there had been NO reason for her to call CPS and that there had been NO reason for her to refuse to give the child back to Hanna after Jake had her)

She also testified that Billy was afraid the Rhodens would seek revenge and kill them all so it was his idea to kill multiple Rhoden family members rather than just kill Hanna. And that when she purchased murder items she was following Billy's instructions.

This is when it is handy for Billy's attorneys to paint Billy as a very uneducated 8th grade dropout who is incapable of coming up with all these ideas for murder and mayhem.

Unfortunately for Billy's defense, as I pointed out, they "fell under Billy's spell" and proclaimed in a 2021 Court Hearing that Billy actually is intelligent, unique, can strategize and understands the dynamics of Court Proceedings. They inadvertently made the point that Billy is perfectly capable of planning multiple murders.

And hey, you don't have to have good penmanship skills or a high school diploma to do so.

I guess they will have to stick with his co-defendants are liars and he didn't even live with Angie, Jake and George and that he fought with George and argued with Angie - considering himself divorced from her - and was simply content to just bring doughnuts over twice a week.

Phone overnight at Peterson Rd? Must of just accidentally left it there when bringing the doughnuts.

I don't disagree with your logic.

I just don't think GW3, with his own hand and own pen, wrote/printed that statement on that piece of paper. That document, to me, wasn't printed by GW3. They may be his words, but not written with his hand. And we have no proof whose hand printed those words on that piece of paper, so it's just speculation until we have proof of "who did it".

And youre right, it doesnt matter whose hand wrote it. It was just an observation and an opinion by me. IMHO.

I don't disagree with your logic.

I just don't think GW3, with his own hand and own pen, wrote/printed that statement on that piece of paper. That document, to me, wasn't printed by GW3. They may be his words, but not written with his hand. And we have no proof whose hand printed those words on that piece of paper, so it's just speculation until we have proof of "who did it".

And youre right, it doesnt matter whose hand wrote it. It was just an observation and an opinion by me. IMHO.

All good. I respect your opinion and you definitely could be right!

When a poster sees something from a perspective different from mine it really makes me think.
I'm definitely trying to be more open minded.

They say smart people are the first to admit they do not know everything...LOL...!

Last edited:

this is a great post. you could write a really good book. frustrating to me this did not get the national empathy and support this crime demanded. lots of half *advertiser censored* "hatfields and mccoy" bs. one of the worst murders in human history as it combined mass killing with cowardly sleeping ambush with children inches a way. id like to see these animals internationally hated in the same line as btk, ted bundy because they really are that level of evil. letting jake and angela testify essentially in secret ran contrary to the laws of man. a coward kills women and children in their sleep should have no where to hide.

this is a great post. you could write a really good book. frustrating to me this did not get the national empathy and support this crime demanded. lots of half *advertiser censored* "hatfields and mccoy" bs. one of the worst murders in human history as it combined mass killing with cowardly sleeping ambush with children inches a way. id like to see these animals internationally hated in the same line as btk, ted bundy because they really are that level of evil. letting jake and angela testify essentially in secret ran contrary to the laws of man. a coward kills women and children in their sleep should have no where to hide.

Thanks Piffcat, nice to see you posting. Billy has a Hearing this Wednesday at 1:00pm. Would be nice if they set a trial date in this Hearing.

Billy is likely giving his attorneys an ear full.

Billy isn't happy with how slow the Court system is moving.
Billy isn't happy he can't have his trial yet.
Billy wants his Speedy Trial Rights reinstated.
Billy files for his Speedy Trial Rights without telling his attorneys.
Billy isn't happy with his trial strategy.
Billy tells his attorneys how he wants his trial strategy to be.
Billy tells his attorneys when he is not happy with them.
Billy demands his attorneys file a Motion for a Bond Hearing even though they know he can't get Bond so the Bond Hearing "fizzles out."
Billy wants to get Bond and be Caretaker at FWF.
Billy wants his sister to visit him.
Doesn't like the Court sound system.
The Court is too outdated.
Not seeing his attorneys in person enough to go over evidence.
Not too thrilled having to say "your honor."
Has to be reminded to stand up in Court.
Is he happy with his attorneys? Only "so far."

Before his arrest he told his first attorney he wasn't happy with LE not returning his calls so he could tell them who did it.

I can imagine the list of demands he has for his family when he calls them.

Last edited:
Thanks Piffcat, nice to see you posting. Billy has a Hearing this Wednesday at 1:00pm. Would be nice if they set a trial date in this Hearing.

Billy is likely giving his attorneys an ear full.

Billy isn't happy with how slow the Court system is moving.
Billy isn't happy he can't have his trial yet.
Billy wants his Speedy Trial Rights reinstated.
Billy isn't happy with his trial strategy.
Billy tells his attorneys how he wants his trial strategy to be.
Billy tells his attorneys when he is not happy with them.
Billy demands his attorneys file a Motion for a Bond Hearing even though they know he can't get Bond so the Bond Hearing "fizzles out."
Billy wants to get Bond and be Caretaker at FWF.
Billy wants his sister to visit him.
Wants his Speedy Trial Rights reinstated.
Doesn't like the Court sound system.
The Court is too outdated.
Not seeing his attorneys in person enough to go over evidence.
Not too thrilled having to say "your honor."
Has to be reminded to stand up in Court.
Is happy with his attorneys? Only "so far."

Before his arrest he told his first attorney he wasn't happy with LE not returning his calls so he could tell them who did it.

I can imagine the list of demands he has for his family when he calls them.
Billy’s trial may be more interesting to watch, though judging by the recording of his interview with BCI agents, it could get tiresome. He’s such a blow-hard. Little self awareness, he has no idea how crazy he sounds.
Since Billy’s trial is the last one, the state may require Jake and Angie to testify publicly, on video. State may have allowed them to not testify w/o broadcast because they didn’t want Billy to get clues on how to respond to questions during his own trial.

Billy’s trial may be more interesting to watch, though judging by the recording of his interview with BCI agents, it could get tiresome. He’s such a blow-hard. Little self awareness, he has no idea how crazy he sounds.
Since Billy’s trial is the last one, the state may require Jake and Angie to testify publicly, on video. State may have allowed them to not testify w/o broadcast because they didn’t want Billy to get clues on how to respond to questions during his own trial.

When you say:

"He’s such a blow-hard. Little self awareness, he has no idea how crazy he sounds."

You are right as his interview with BCI showed.

State investigators outlined why they turned their attention toward the Wagner family in the Pike County massacre, testifying Wednesday that they saw red flags in Facebook messages of the victims as well as discrepancies in an interview with father Billy Wagner.

In their opening statement, prosecutors said Billy was the one to kill Chris Rhoden Sr. During the interview, however, Billy claims he and Chris Sr. were best friends and that he suspected the killings were over a drug deal.

Wagner even says he only had a sixth-grade education. But there was something in that interview that led agents to suspect the Wagners at some point: the fact that Billy said he smashed his previous phone and changed numbers because he kept calling Chris Sr.’s number after the murders. Later, phone records proved that wasn’t the case.

Earlier this week, Billy's friend Jeffrey Tackett testified to alerting BCI about how he thought Billy was going to kill someone.

On the recording, Billy Wagner told the agents he and Chris Sr. were close.

“I loved Chris,” Billy says on the recording. “He was my best friend. I always told him -- me and him, you know, our plan was we was going to buy a (expletive) bar on the beach and just sit there, get drunk, sit on the beach and play with strippers.”

Later on, he denies being involved in the killings.

“That ain’t a bunch of (expletive) hillbillies that do something like that you’ll never convince me,” Billy told the agents. “That is like some Seal Team 6 (expletive).”

When you say:

"He’s such a blow-hard. Little self awareness, he has no idea how crazy he sounds."

You are right as his interview with BCI showed.

State investigators outlined why they turned their attention toward the Wagner family in the Pike County massacre, testifying Wednesday that they saw red flags in Facebook messages of the victims as well as discrepancies in an interview with father Billy Wagner.

In their opening statement, prosecutors said Billy was the one to kill Chris Rhoden Sr. During the interview, however, Billy claims he and Chris Sr. were best friends and that he suspected the killings were over a drug deal.

Wagner even says he only had a sixth-grade education. But there was something in that interview that led agents to suspect the Wagners at some point: the fact that Billy said he smashed his previous phone and changed numbers because he kept calling Chris Sr.’s number after the murders. Later, phone records proved that wasn’t the case.

Earlier this week, Billy's friend Jeffrey Tackett testified to alerting BCI about how he thought Billy was going to kill someone.

On the recording, Billy Wagner told the agents he and Chris Sr. were close.

“I loved Chris,” Billy says on the recording. “He was my best friend. I always told him -- me and him, you know, our plan was we was going to buy a (expletive) bar on the beach and just sit there, get drunk, sit on the beach and play with strippers.”

Later on, he denies being involved in the killings.

“That ain’t a bunch of (expletive) hillbillies that do something like that you’ll never convince me,” Billy told the agents. “That is like some Seal Team 6 (expletive).”
In GW3s trial, did we ever hear any type of rationale for why Billy fired gratuitous shots into Frankie?

In GW3s trial, did we ever hear any type of rationale for why Billy fired gratuitous shots into Frankie?
Not that I recall. They’ll probably go into that during Billy’s trial. Delving into it during GW4s trial probably would have been a distraction.

In Billy’s trial, playing the recording of that interview will go a long way towards convicting Billy. Add in ballistics, Billy buying the murder truck and giving it to his niece, etc., will seal his fate. JMO

Not that I recall. They’ll probably go into that during Billy’s trial. Delving into it during GW4s trial probably would have been a distraction.

In Billy’s trial, playing the recording of that interview will go a long way towards convicting Billy. Add in ballistics, Billy buying the murder truck and giving it to his niece, etc., will seal his fate. JMO
I tend to think Billy's case will be much easier for the prosecution than George's. All the elements are there, with the exception of the shoeprint, plus the interviews, the lies, the long list of other bad acts and the fact that he does not have a friend in the world, including Angie and Jake

<modsnip - quoted post removed - Comparing attention/coverage of different case(s) is not allowed>

I think the gag order and everything sealed early on kept this case out of the MSM…

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember it being mentioned in a post but I haven't seen any links or articles that would confirm that Billy shot Frankie after Jake shot him. Billy had no way of getting inside Frankie's house after Jake left the house and locked the door.

Jake said he went into Frankie's house through a window because both doors were locked and his knife broke when he tried to break in through the back door. Then Billy handed him his gun. Then Jake walked by Frankie's 3 year old asleep on the couch and in the bedroom he shot Frankie and Hannah G. After shooting them he noticed their baby in the bed. Then he went out the back door LOCKING the door behind him.

Also, according to Jake's testimony he "alone" shot Frankie.

"Jake Wagner said his father and brother arrived with him at the second (Frankie's) and third (Dana's) crime scenes – but that he alone shot each victim in the head, some multiple times." (Actually Jake shot all his victims multiple times except Chris Sr who he shot once in the arm.)

According to both prosecutor Andy Wilson and Jake, Billy shot Chris Sr and Gary. Jake also testified that Billy shot Kenny. Jake was outside of Chris Sr's home when he says he fired the first shot of the night into Chris's arm while Chris was standing at his front door, Chris then fell into his home and Billy went inside. According to Wilson, Billy then shot Chris in the chest and then shot him several more times.

Gary had been sitting in a recliner near the front door and jumped up when Chris was shot. This is when Billy shot Gary in the back of his head through his Jets ballcap, then he shot Gary 2 more times. According to the coroner's report Gary was shot twice in the head and once in the face.

Last edited:

I remember it being mentioned in a post but I haven't seen any links or articles that would confirm that Billy shot Frankie after Jake shot him. Billy had no way of getting inside Frankie's house after Jake left the house and locked the door.

Jake said he went into Frankie's house through a window because both doors were locked and his knife broke when he tried to break in through the back door. Then Billy handed him his gun. Then Jake walked by Frankie's 3 year old asleep on the couch and in the bedroom he shot Frankie and Hannah G. After shooting them he noticed their baby in the bed. Then he went out the back door LOCKING the door behind him.

"Jake Wagner said his father and brother arrived with him at the second (Frankie's) and third (Dana's) crime scenes – but that he alone shot each victim in the head, some multiple times." (Actually Jake shot all his victims multiple times except Chris Sr who he shot once in the arm.)

According to both prosecutor Andy Wilson and Jake, Billy shot Chris Sr and Gary. Jake also testified that Billy shot Kenny. Jake was outside of Chris Sr's home when he says he fired the first shot of the night into Chris's arm while Chris was standing at his front door, Chris then fell into his home and Billy went inside. According to Wilson, Billy then shot Chris in the chest and then shot him several more times.

Gary had been sitting in a recliner near the front door and jumped up when Chris was shot. This is when Billy shot Gary in the back of his head through his Jets ballcap, then he shot Gary 2 more times. According to the coroner's report Gary was shot twice in the head and once in the face.

Hmm. I must be totally mistaken. Apologies for that one

I thought JW testimony was that GW3 shot FR after JW did. I thought this was unknown to prosecutor prior to JW saying it on the stand. That's what I remember from watching the trial. I could be mis remembering.

It was either in Jake’s proffer or his testimony that after he shot FR, BW took the gun and shot FR several times, I don’t recall the number of times right off hand.
My opinion only…

I thought JW testimony was that GW3 shot FR after JW did. I thought this was unknown to prosecutor prior to JW saying it on the stand. That's what I remember from watching the trial. I could be mis remembering.
It was either in Jake’s proffer or his testimony that after he shot FR, BW took the gun and shot FR several times, I don’t recall the number of times right off hand.
My opinion only…

I quoted from 3 MSM articles and none of them say Jake's testimony says Billy even went into Frankies. I have looked online for it and can't find it.

Jake testified he hoisted himself through Frankie's window because the doors were locked and he broke his knife trying to to break in, then Billy handed him his gun and he alone shot Frankie and HG. Then he went out the door locking it behind him. He mentioned walking by B sleeping on the couch and not seeing R in the bed till after he shot F & H G.

I haven't seen where Jake changed his testimony later and said that he then let Billy in through the door and for no reason Billy went and shot Frankie again, walking past the sleeping child on the couch yet again. Too risky to wake the child up by Billy doing all this for no reason.

There has to be a source for the information that Jake said on the stand one version of events at Frankie's then later when questioned changed his version and added in Billy. Why would Jake give 2 different versions of what happened at Frankies? If he did, then who reported on the 2nd version? The 2nd version being that Jake unlocked a door and let Billy in so Billy could shoot a person Jake already shot risking waking a sleeping child they have to keep walking by.

Someone said this somewhere but did a credible source say this or is it just social media rumor?

Wilson says Billy shot 3 people not 4, Frankie would be 4.

****** I would like to get this cleared up ******

IF ANYONE CAN FIND THE SOURCE FOR JAKE SAYING BILLY WAS SHOOTING FRANKIE PLEASE LINK THIS SOURCE, THANK YOU.

Does it matter? Yes. It matters who Billy shot, he is going to be having a trial unless he pleads guilty. If more than one person shot my loved one I would want to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member