OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW and AW

01/24/2023ENTRY CHANGING RATE OF COMPENSATION FOR SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, ANGELA CANEPA FILED AND MAILED COPIES TO COUNSEL
02/07/2023MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL PROSECUTOR Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT
02/07/2023ENTRY APPOINTING ANGELA CANEPA AS SPECIAL PROSECUTOR FILED

Looking at GWIV's 2018CR000155 docket entries-

02/07/2023MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL PROSECUTOR Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT

Why the need for special prosecutor when criminal case has been decided?
Probably because he's filing for appeal. AC was assigned as a special prosecutor when Ohio's current AG Yost decided he didn't want to handle the Rhoden Murders trial. Her appointment status probably had to be renewed. Not sure what it means having Junk serve as special prosecutor. He's supposed to be sworn in as Pike County Common Pleas judge this month.
Maybe Junk will remain as a special prosecutor through the duration of the visiting judge's tenure.

IIRC, Judge Deering's retirement is supposed to become effective today.

Probably because he's filing for appeal. AC was assigned as a special prosecutor when Ohio's current AG Yost decided he didn't want to handle the Rhoden Murders trial. Her appointment status probably had to be renewed. Not sure what it means having Junk serve as special prosecutor. He's supposed to be sworn in as Pike County Common Pleas judge this month.
Maybe Junk will remain as a special prosecutor through the duration of the visiting judge's tenure.

IIRC, Judge Deering's retirement is supposed to become effective today.

It means, I'm pretty sure, that Junk is filing FOR a special prosecutor to be assigned, and he is the prosecuting attorney filing the Motion. He will be a judge on Friday ( still a prosecutor now) and a judge cannot be both judge and a prosecuting attorney.

Looking at GWIV's 2018CR000155 docket entries-

Why the need for special prosecutor when criminal case has been decided?

Because, as Betty said, George is filing an appeal.

Prosecutors are always involved when their Cases are appealed. They file briefs in regards to why the appeal shouldn't be granted. Basically they fight the appeal.

So on top of this Canepa is a busy special prosecutor because she still has Billy's trial and Jake and Angela's testimony in his trial, and then Jake and Angela's sentencing, then Billy's sentencing if found guilty, then Billy's appeals if he is found guilty. I would expect Billy to appeal.

Good for her, I wish her well as she fights for justice for the Rhodens, Gilleys and Manleys.

JW and AW

01/24/2023ENTRY CHANGING RATE OF COMPENSATION FOR SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, ANGELA CANEPA FILED AND MAILED COPIES TO COUNSEL

ENTRY CHANGING RATE OF COMPENSATION FOR SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, ANGELA CANEPA

Good. Canepa deserves a raise!

Because, as Betty said, George is filing an appeal.

Prosecutors are always involved when their Cases are appealed. They file briefs in regards to why the appeal shouldn't be granted. Basically they fight the appeal.

So on top of this Canepa is a busy special prosecutor because she still has Billy's trial and Jake and Angela's testimony in his trial, and then Jake and Angela's sentencing, then Billy's sentencing if found guilty, then Billy's appeals if he is found guilty. I would expect Billy to appeal.

Good for her, I wish her well as she fights for justice for the Rhodens, Gilleys and Manleys.
Thanks, thought that may be on the appeal docket but what do I know? :confused:

It means, I'm pretty sure, that Junk is filing FOR a special prosecutor to be assigned, and he is the prosecuting attorney filing the Motion. He will be a judge on Friday ( still a prosecutor now) and a judge cannot be both judge and a prosecuting attorney.
I thought that at first, then talked myself into the other option. It probably is yr. Explanation. I wonder if we can check the OH Supremes web site to see when they get notice to choose a visiting judge.

Return To Pike County: pretrial hearing today for George “Billy” Wagner III. The only Wagner still accused of killing 8 members of the Rhoden family in 2016. His son George IV found guilty on all counts & sentenced to life w/o parole in Dec. ⁦
@FOX19
I found it really interesting that Billy changed his name when he was about 15?? It's curious that he wasn't named after his father, but he changed his own name to be a III.

I found it really interesting that Billy changed his name when he was about 15?? It's curious that he wasn't named after his father, but he changed his own name to be a III.

I think it's interesting that it finally cleared up the "mystery" as to why he is called Billy. He was William Emmanuel and changed his name to George Washington on November 5th, 1986. He said he wanted to be named after his paternal grandfather and father.

DOB - 06/04/1971

Yup. Was 15.

I think it's interesting that it finally cleared up the "mystery" as to why he is called Billy. He was William Emmanuel and changed his name to George Washington on November 5th, 1986. He said he wanted to be named after his paternal grandfather and father.

DOB - 06/04/1971

Yup. Was 15.
Yes, it does clear that up finally. Does anyone know another person who has certified themselves a junior, a III, etc.? That's really bizarre.

Yes, it does clear that up finally. Does anyone know another person who has certified themselves a junior, a III, etc.? That's really bizarre.

He was also 15 when FWF had that electrical fire that burned down their barn housing their million dollar miniature horses.

I have wondered if the insurance payout gave him the idea for committing arson?

No I am not saying this specific incident was arson, but it would show Billy how to get insurance money due to fire.

Fifteen is a really impressionable age. It would be so interesting to know what was going on in Billy's life then. It is notable the big fire in the Wagner stables was the same year. That fire killed Boy Blue, the million dollar horse (? name).

It was important enough for Billy to also name his son IV. But then IV didn't feel the need to name his first born son the 5th (V). We'll probably never know the reason why.

Miss you all! I'm sure we will all reconnect during Billy's trial.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members