OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tony already has/had good, out of town attorneys... Columbus attorneys Brian Duncan and Adam Nemann. Patience is a virtue. ;) ;)
I was thinking someone more like Gloria Allred.

Seriously, though, it would have to be someone outside of Ohio, maybe east or west coast. Ohio has become so corrupt, such a big criminal machine. It's so easy for them to intimidate people here, especially if they aren't corrupt and don't play the game.
;)

Seems Angela is going to keep her lawyers after all.
  • 02/28/2024DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO WITHDRAW REQUEST FOR NEW COUNSEL FILEDAttorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT FAttorney: HUNT, MARK M
    02/28/2024ENTRY GRANTING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO WITHDRAW REQUEST FOR NEW COUNSEL FILED COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL AND DEFENDANT

Recent notes on George's appeal.
02/26/2024DEFENDANT-APPELLANT'S UNOPPOSED MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF DEADLINE TO SUBMIT OPENING BRIEF AND ASSIGNMENTS OF ERROR FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS
02/26/2024DEFENDANT-APPELLANT'S UNOPPOSED MOTION TO SUPPLEMENT RECORD WITH AND PERMIT ACCESS TO SEALED JUROR QUESTIONNAIRES FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL, 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS

Tony already has/had good, out of town attorneys... Columbus attorneys Brian Duncan and Adam Nemann. Patience is a virtue. ;) ;)
In the end, the confessions of Jake and Angie along with the convictions of George and (hopefully Billy) will end in justice.

I think Tony was wise to suspend their families civil case until Billy goes to trial. That would give The Rhoden Family Civil Case, 2 felony confessions and 2 felony convictions to support the civil trial's foundation and Wagner Family's wide spread of criminal acts.

This is completely JMO. I honestly don't think Fredericka knew about the murders in advance. I do speculate she found out about the murders after the fact and actively helped with the cover up. This is only my opinion. Hopefully Court facts will come through and support this.

There is so much more in various Discovery documents about transfers of cash..... Oh, but I digress.

JMO

In the end, the confessions of Jake and Angie along with the convictions of George and (hopefully Billy) will end in justice.

I think Tony was wise to suspend their families civil case until Billy goes to trial. That would give The Rhoden Family Civil Case, 2 felony confessions and 2 felony convictions to support the civil trial's foundation and Wagner Family's wide spread of criminal acts.

This is completely JMO. I honestly don't think Fredericka knew about the murders in advance. I do speculate she found out about the murders after the fact and actively helped with the cover up. This is only my opinion. Hopefully Court facts will come through and support this.

There is so much more in various Discovery documents about transfers of cash..... Oh, but I digress.

JMO
Unless, one or more of the defendents, especially Angela tells on Freddy

Thursday, March 7th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 12pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) - *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47/now 52) (name changed (11/5/86) from William Emmanuel) (Jake’s father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts of aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 4th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Trial set to begin on 5/6/24. (should last 8 weeks).
Presiding Judge R. Alan Corbin. Prosecutor Angela R. Canepa & defense attorneys Mark C. Collins & Thomas F, Hayes.

Case & court information from 12/4/18 thru 1/3/24 reference post #536 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-88.674961/page-27

2/20/24 Update: Notice of status hearing on 2/23/24 @ 2pm sent to all required parties by Judge Robert Junk. 2/23/24 Update: The attorneys consulted with Judge R. Alan Corbin by phone this afternoon. No word yet on whether the start date of the trial, now May 6, will stick. At the request of case attorneys, who want 4 or 5 matters reviewed in open court, visiting Judge Corbin set a Status conference hearing on 3/7/24 @ 12pm. Warrant for removal from Butler County jail on 3/7/24 for status hearing.
*George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 32) – Guilty of all charges on 11/30/22 & sentenced on 12/19/22 to 8 Life sentences without the possibility of parole to run consecutively for the murders plus 121 years on other charges. Appeal filed 1/26/23.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 53) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty to a plea deal to Counts 9 thru 22; Counts 1-8 were dismissed. Will be sentenced to 30 years in prison with no early release & has to testify against others at trial.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 31) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges & will testify at the trials & will be sentenced after GW3 trial.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 70) – Motion hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty to all charges. Will testify at the trials.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 81) – 6/26/19: Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Any word if this status conference will be aired ?

WAVERLY, Ohio (WKRC) - Billy Wagner returns to Pike County court for a hearing before his trial which is set for May. The hearing is scheduled for noon and Local 12 will stream it live.

@jamespilcher

Back in Pike County for a hearing in Billy Wagner trial as part of Pike County massacre case - we will live stream on @local12

It’s supposed to start at noon but still waiting for some some arrivals

Looks as if we're about to get started - attorneys out from chambers conference.

Hearing starts with Judge Corbin indicating defense wants continuation of trial begin date from May 6 "for a variety of reasons”

Wagner's lawyer Collins states his co-counsel recovering from knee surgery and another co-counsel just had a baby. Collins also has a death penalty case. Wanted to get to court in advance. Can't be ready for May 6 - especially going through 12K pages of transcriptions @local12

Creates problems with prosecution witnesses as well.

Special prosecutor Canepa - says victims' family dealing with this and wanting justice since 2016. Formally objects to continuance.

Asks if continuance is granted, another one not be given - and also accomodations given to prosecution witnesses.

Judge Corbin - says good reasons for continuance. Relunctantly grants request for continuance of May 6 trial date. Discussed possible dates in chambers - earliest date get everyone in court Jan 6 2025.

Two of the Rhoden family members get up and leave court at that news.

Maybe someone that understand this stuff better can explain this, but WHY? This is not a surprise trial. He's been arrested for YEARS. George's trial has been done for a year + now.

How can the defense say surgery, baby.. blah blah blah.. okay so what exactly has been going on for the last year? What was going on in the years prior to that to get this ready for trial?

Maybe someone that understand this stuff better can explain this, but WHY? This is not a surprise trial. He's been arrested for YEARS. George's trial has been done for a year + now.

How can the defense say surgery, baby.. blah blah blah.. okay so what exactly has been going on for the last year? What was going on in the years prior to that to get this ready for trial?

And they have 16,000 pages of transcripts to read. Slow readers? Seriously, this is a dp case and the attorney's have other cases and the state of OH does not want to do it over!

@jamespilcher

One of the victim's sisters talked to the media outside - upset about the delays. Full recaps tonight on
@local12 at 4 and 6

1:37 PM · Mar 7, 2024

What a shame, that's too much delay. The excuse given was recovering from hip surgery and maternity leave? None of the excuses given could prevent them getting this trial started in October. Very unfortunate. I'm beginning to have concerns about this judge. He's dragged this out quite a long period of time.

Maybe this should become an election year issue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back