OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

George Wagner is accused of killing a family of 8 living on a pot farm in Pike County OH. While first thought to be drug related the killings now could be the result of a custody battle. 3 other members of the Wagner family have been arrested as well. So many twists and turns and Websleuths members are on top of every single thing that happens in the shocking case.

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports
source article

Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

Thread #39
Thread #40
Thread #41
Thread #42
Thread #43

Thread #44
Thread #45
Thread #46
Thread #47
Thread #48
Thread #49

Thread #50 - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #50

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

The number of off topic posts in this thread is unacceptable.

This thread is about the Rhoden family murders. Do not make the thread about yourself and do not discuss other members. If there is a concern about a post, use the Report feature to let WS staff know about it and do not discuss it on the board.

Please do not bring social media hoopla and drama from other boards/sites into discussion at Websleuths. It can only serve to bring WS down to the same level ... which we are not.

Do not respond to posts that are obviously off topic. It only makes the job of cleaning up the thread so much harder. We appreciate when you Report TOS violations quickly so we can catch things before they get out of hand.

WS staff do not and cannot sit in each and every WS thread to read what is going on in real time. So, posts like "mods please delete if not allowed" are usually NOT seen by a Mod unless someone Reports them. If you think something might not be allowed, please ASK first so WS staff don't have to clean up all the mess that follows if it is not allowed.

As always, your co-operation is appreciated.

Please continue discussion here.

Continued off topic posting will not be taken lightly and may result in a thread reply ban or other loss of posting privileges. Remember to stay on topic and do not discuss religion as it is also against The Rules Websleuths has in place.

Thanks.

Please read the above Admin notes and continue discussion here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday, September 16th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Angela Jo Wagner (48) (Jakes’ mother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) & charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/29/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Court information from 11/19/18 thru 1/7/19 reference post #931 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

7/3/19 Update: The prosecution has missed a deadline for discovery to be given to the defense. Judge Randy Deering told the defense to provide the state with sufficient storage devices to accommodate four terabytes of information, which is the remaining balance of discovery. If the defense provides those storage devices by July 15, the state has until July 22 to provide the discovery. Also provide Bill of Particulars by then. Sept. 1 deadline for substantive motions, Oct. 1, deadline rebuttal. Later dates for calling of witnesses. Judge Deering says he also signed three orders to appropriate money for the defense. Toward the end of the hearing, special prosecutor Angie Canepa asked Pike County Judge Randy Deering to forbid Wagner from communicating with her three co-defendants, who are her husband & their two sons. It came after attorneys on both sides had agreed on time-sensitive issues, including when Wagner's attorneys & prosecutors will argue for and against 49 motions Wagner filed last month. Defense attorney Robert Krapenc did not object to the request for no contact. Judge Deering ordered that the motion take effect immediately. Next hearing on 9/16 for non-substantive motions & 49 motions filed in June. One motion in change of venue.
8/6/19 Update: Motion to suspend privileges filed by DA Junk. Also State's Motion to Suspend defendant's privileges will be heard on 9/16.

*George Washington Wagner III – Motions hearing on 9/17.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Pretrial hearing on 9/17.
*George Washington Wagner IV – Motions hearing on 9/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Pretrial hearing on 10/7. Trial is scheduled for 10/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Does anyone think the trials this week will tell us anything or will be the same old stuff and will Judge Deering let Angela have outsider phone communication with more than her attorney and how will he address her?
Judge punishes defendant in Pike County Massacre case

I'm listening to it live, 3:00pm now, and Judge Deering just suspended all of her phone privileges AND letter writing privileges. She will only be corresponding by phone and through the mail with her attorneys.

He did not give a date to how long this will be for, probably her attorneys will submit a Motion in "X" amount of time, asking for her privileges back.
Her attorneys did not argue this Motion to Suspend Privileges, her attorney admitted she had "violated a court order."

Last edited:
I'm listening to it live, 3:00pm now, and Judge Deering just suspended all of her phone privileges AND letter writing privileges. She will only be corresponding by phone and through the mail with her attorneys.

He did not give a date to how long this will be for, probably her attorneys will submit a Motion in "X" amount of time, asking for her privileges back.
Her attorneys did not argue this Motion to Suspend Privileges, her attorney admitted she had "violated a court order."

YES Privileges Suspended. No phone in or out. No written communication in or out that is not: counsel, investigator, or mitigation expert :p

I'm pleased with that order.

I've been listening too, but missing a good bit of what was said b/c my hearing isn't real good. Did AW's atty request that she be allowed to wear street clothes?

Yes. That motion was addressed and AW will be permitted to wear street clothes. Someone needs to bring them to the courthouse. They can stay there Judge Deering said. No visible restraints also.

I saved the video but it's not available yet. I'll try soon unless someone beats me to it.

Yes. That motion was addressed and AW will be permitted to wear street clothes. Someone needs to bring them to the courthouse. They can stay there Judge Deering said. No visible restraints also.

I saved the video but it's not available yet. I'll try soon unless someone beats me to it.

Thank you! I look forward to reading about more information that came out at the hearing.

This video shows Angela talking to her attorneys at the end instead of cutting out, this is why I'm posting it.
Angela Wagner's phone and mail privileges were suspended, she can wear street clothes without visible restraints. Her clothes need to be brought to court and can be kept at the courthouse.

Monday’s hearing heard 49 motions from Wagner’s attorneys such as one that says the death penalty is unconstitutional. Judge Deering is expected to take matters under advisement and issue an opinion later. This was Wagner’s first appearance in court since July 3rd.

Last edited:
I am still upset that RN gets to remain on house arrest. I think she should have had to wait this out in jail. But, nevertheless, after the ruling today, she will not be speaking to her daughter anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay