OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not see anyone there for AW. Did anyone see anybody there for her?

I don't think anyone was there for her and I wonder why? It was an important ruling on whether or not those who support her can actually communicate with her. Well I 'm sure they can visit still, her visiting wasn't suspended.

I was watching live and I didn't see anyone walk in who would be there for her. Everyone sat on the prosecution side. When Angie herself walked in I could see a good portion of the defendant side of the gallery with no signs of anyone in court for her. Seems odd in my opinion...o_O

I could have missed something of course....just my 2 cents......

Last edited:
A rough day for AW in court:

1.) Mail and phone privileges suspended without her attorney's arguing that Motion, also her attorney putting it on record that she violated a court order.

2.) No one showed up in court to support her.

3.) The prosecution argued against the Judge granting Angie this Motion:

49) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED

I was surprised by this. Not sure what to make of it.

Judge punishes defendant in Pike County Massacre case

I'm listening to it live, 3:00pm now, and Judge Deering just suspended all of her phone privileges AND letter writing privileges. She will only be corresponding by phone and through the mail with her attorneys.

He did not give a date to how long this will be for, probably her attorneys will submit a Motion in "X" amount of time, asking for her privileges back.
Her attorneys did not argue this Motion to Suspend Privileges, her attorney admitted she had "violated a court order."

I had a feeling JD would punish AW for this. Glad my suspicions turned out to be correct.

I had a feeling JD would punish AW for this. Glad my suspicions turned out to be correct.

The Judge cut Rita a break and after this court outcome today, I think I know why. Angie was the one who called Rita, Rita never called her. Delaware County Jail inmates cannot receive phone calls, only make them. I don't know how it works with attorneys calling

The Judge clearly put most of the blame for those calls on Angela. I don't know of course, this is just my guess on the matter.

Delaware County Jail Inmate Phone Calls & Email | Ohio

YES Privileges Suspended. No phone in or out. No written communication in or out that is not: counsel, investigator, or mitigation expert :p

I'm pleased with that order.

Me, too!! Wonder why he let RN by with it? Perhaps because AW initiated the calls? That should not be a reason, IMO. RN violated the court order, too. So did Jake. JMO

I am still upset that RN gets to remain on house arrest. I think she should have had to wait this out in jail. But, nevertheless, after the ruling today, she will not be speaking to her daughter anytime soon.

I honestly believe they will continue to communicate, one way or another. They clearly understood what they were doing and stretched it to the absolute limit. None of the six care about abiding by the law, that is obvious by their pasts. All just my opinion.

The Judge cut Rita a break and after this court outcome today, I think I know why. Angie was the one who called Rita, Rita never called her. Delaware County Jail inmates cannot receive phone calls, only make them. I don't know how it works with attorneys calling

The Judge clearly put most of the blame for those calls on Angela. I don't know of course, this is just my guess on the matter.

Yes, probably. But...AC revealed at RN's last hearing that Rita DID send Angela a letter. And IMO, Rita deserved to have her bond revoked and spend the rest of her time in jail. JMO

Great article, CC. Wonder how RN got to be on AW's "pre-approved list of family and friends?" LOL. She didn't. But Rita's mom and phone number is on the list, betcha. They're all pros at this stuff. I no longer feel sorry for Rita's mom. All JMO

Great article, CC. Wonder how RN got to be on AW's "pre-approved list of family and friends?" LOL. She didn't. But Rita's mom and phone number is on the list, betcha. They're all pros at this stuff. I no longer feel sorry for Rita's mom. All JMO
....2 Cents....:cool:

Yup! We know from court that Angie was calling her grandmother's landline, you know, the one without caller ID. Not having caller ID was Rita's excuse to pick up Angie's calls.

"Pros" at this is correct! It's not hard, but it's somewhat complicated to coordinate a 3-way call to take place from 2 inmates who are in 2 separate jails. Angela and Jake had to coordinate their phone calls to be made at the same time---when they can't even speak to each other!

Then Chris N. had to be at Rita's house at a certain time for Jake to call his phone, and Rita had to be ready at the same time to take Angie's call, then Chris N. was able to set up the 3-way call.

So someone was passing information back and forth between 2 jails to make it all work out. Who was passing information besides Chris N? And I doubt that this was the only 3-way call attempted. I bet more were tried but then failed, unless Angie didn't get the chance yet to manipulate anyone into doing it.

Clearly she was manipulating family, and probably taking advantage, in order to get them to do her bidding.
With no one at court today for her, I wonder who will go search for her clothes and then bring them to court? And who will put money into her account? Well she will save money now on phone calls and stamps...;)

Last edited:
....2 Cents....:cool:

Yup! We know from court that Angie was calling her grandmother's landline, you know, the one without caller ID. Not having caller ID was Rita's excuse to pick up Angie's calls.

"Pros" at this is correct! It's not hard, but it's somewhat complicated to coordinate a 3-way call to take place from 2 inmates who are in 2 separate jails. Angela and Jake had to coordinate their phone calls to be made at the same time---when they can't even speak to each other!

Then Chris N. had to be at Rita's house at a certain time for Jake to call his phone, and Rita had to be ready at the same time to take Angie's call, then Chris N. was able to set up the 3-way call.

So someone was passing information back and forth between 2 jails to make it all work out. Who was passing information besides Chris N? And I doubt that this was the only 3-way call attempted. I bet more were tried but then failed, unless Angie didn't get the chance yet to manipulate anyone into doing it.

Clearly she was manipulating family, and probably taking advantage, in order to get them to do her bidding.
With no one at court today for her, I wonder who will go search for her clothes and then bring them to court? And who will put money into her account? Well she will save money now on phone calls and stamps...;)

Well said! ....but I still don't trust any of them, including and foremost their attorneys, to be aiding! Especially Gerlach. Most likely all of them. After all, we know all attorneys are working together for the benefit of the defendants. But one good thing..just like today...they can't refute the truth (recorded phone calls today) and IMO there's plenty more where that came from. All JMO

Well said! ....but I still don't trust any of them, including and foremost their attorneys, to be aiding! Especially Gerlach. Most likely all of them. After all, we know all attorneys are working together for the benefit of the defendants. But one good thing..just like today...they can't refute the truth (recorded phone calls today) and IMO there's plenty more where that came from. All JMO
I agree Loomis!
We will see how it goes at tomorrow's 2 hearings. We haven't seen Billy in court since:
05/15/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL

And we haven't seen Jake in court since:
06/10/2019 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL

Tuesday September 17th

Jake

9/17/2019 9:30 am MOTION HEARING

Billy
9/17/2019 1:30 pm MOTION HEARING

As late as these hearings are,
Will these 2 cross paths?

@Betty P you are really good at summarizing these hearings! Looking forward to more of your summaries when you get the chance. Just when you get the chance!...:D...The times I couldn't watch a hearing live, it was nice to come home and be able to read your summaries!

Last edited:
Tuesday, September 17th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher R/hoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
Court hearings from 12/4/18 thru 3/29/19 reference post #296 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

5/15/19 Update: Pretrial for 9/17 where 41 motions filed by defense will be argued. Judge set a 5/31 deadline for prosecution to file a response to these motions. June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Wagner III. Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys to file substantive motions. Sept. 17: hearing on non-substantive motions & deadline for pros to file written responses to substantive motions in his case. Judge grants 3 motions: stenographer for all hearings & sidebars & he can wear street clothes with no shackles.
9/11/19: Motion of defendant for in-person visitation by psychologist filed-granted.

ALSO:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) - for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Court hearings from 11/27/18 thru 4/4/19 reference post #142 here: OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48
5/13/19 Update: Moved hearing to 5/14. 5/14/19: Next pretrial hearing on 6/10.
6/10/19 Update: Motion to fund experts filed-granted. Journal entry ordering filing under seal-the envelope to which this journal entry is attached contains 3 motions & 3 journal entries filed under seal with the Judge. Next motion hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner - Discovery hearing on 9/16. No update yet.
*George Washington Wagner IV – Motions hearing on 9/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Pretrial hearing on 10/7. Trial scheduled for 10/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Any date on "when" Angela appears in court again? Court site is not updated yet this morning. TIA! :)

Tuesday, September 17th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher R/hoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
Court hearings from 12/4/18 thru 3/29/19 reference post #296 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

5/15/19 Update: Pretrial for 9/17 where 41 motions filed by defense will be argued. Judge set a 5/31 deadline for prosecution to file a response to these motions. June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Wagner III. Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys to file substantive motions. Sept. 17: hearing on non-substantive motions & deadline for pros to file written responses to substantive motions in his case. Judge grants 3 motions: stenographer for all hearings & sidebars & he can wear street clothes with no shackles.
9/11/19: Motion of defendant for in-person visitation by psychologist filed-granted.

ALSO:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9:30am ET) - for *Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) (former boyfriend of Hanna) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/27/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity & unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. (He’s accused of engaging in sexual contact with Hanna Rhoden when she was 15 & he was 20). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Court hearings from 11/27/18 thru 4/4/19 reference post #142 here: OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48
5/13/19 Update: Moved hearing to 5/14. 5/14/19: Next pretrial hearing on 6/10.
6/10/19 Update: Motion to fund experts filed-granted. Journal entry ordering filing under seal-the envelope to which this journal entry is attached contains 3 motions & 3 journal entries filed under seal with the Judge. Next motion hearing on 9/17.
*Angela Jo Wagner - Discovery hearing on 9/16. No update yet.
*George Washington Wagner IV – Motions hearing on 9/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb – Pretrial hearing on 10/7. Trial scheduled for 10/21.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Any date on "when" Angela appears in court again? Court site is not updated yet this morning. TIA! :)

I have to rewatch the hearing but I think December for a scheduling conference. Substantive motions due Nov 1 from defense with responses from prosecutors due Nov 22. If I recall correctly. Like I said I have to reward today's hearing.

I have to rewatch the hearing but I think December for a scheduling conference. Substantive motions due Nov 1 from defense with responses from prosecutors due Nov 22. If I recall correctly. Like I said I have to reward today's hearing.

Thank you Rutledge! Much appreciated! :) Now when you finish with watching it - maybe you'll hear some dates for me! :D
and I see you've only been here almost 2 months!! So....

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

to WS and this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads