OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the Pike County Court got a lot of complaints from across the nation when Judge Deering let Rita off with a slap on the wrist last week but when Judge Deering suspended Angela phone and written mail service he should have suspended he internet also, Just saying

Thank you Rutledge! Much appreciated! :) Now when you finish with watching it - maybe you'll hear some dates for me! :D
and I see you've only been here almost 2 months!! So....

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

to WS and this thread!

THANK YOU
GLAD TO BE HERE

Does anyone have to watch JW's pretrial today? Thank you.

JMO.

Here's my attempt to summarize JW's pretrial this morning.

They met in judges chambers for a little over an hour. The defense team filed approximately 40 new motions today. The judge postponed the 5 motions that were to be argued today. All motions will be heard on the same day on October 4.

Edited to add. Many of those who were in court today to support the Rhodens were wearing matching T-shirts that said "Happy Heavenly Birthday Chris".

JMO

Last edited:
Video can confirm, but this is what I got from today.
My audio wasn’t good at certain moments.

I watched the hearing.
Most important note- Jake Wagner trial has been postponed once again, an additional year, to a date of on or after January 31 2021.
Jake Wagner was questioned by Judge and confirmed he understood, and yes, he did waive his rights to a speedy trial.
Not sure I heard following correctly, so if anyone has corrections...
Apparently defense has filed 35 additional pre trial motions today. Hearing on those will be Oct. 8 1:30.
Nov.1 is cut off for Fact Specific Motions.
Dec. 11 will be pretrial on Fact Specific Motions.

MOO Fact Specific Motions will be very interesting

Last edited:
JMO.

They met in judges chambers for a little over an hour. The defense team filed approximately 40 new motions today. The judge postponed the 5 motions that were to be argued today. All motions will be heard on the same day on October 4.

Edited to add. Many of those who were in court today to support the Rhodens were wearing matching T-shirts that said "Happy Heavenly Birthday Chris".

JMO

Loved the T-shirts. Back read We will never stop fighting for Justice #RhodenStrong

JMO.

JMO

I was surprised those shirts were allowed in the courtroom with the comment on the back about Justice for the Rhodens.

I watched the hearing.
Most important note- Jake Wagner trial has been postponed once again, an additional year, to a date of on or after January 31 2021.
Jake Wagner was questioned by Judge and confirmed he understood, and yes, he did waive his rights to a speedy trial.
Apparently defense has filed 35 additional pre trial motions today. Hearing on those will be Oct. 8 1:30.

Very good. It's hard to get the dates and try to hear at the same time. I will have to get ear buds and a pad and pen. It's a real strain to hear except for the judge. Thank you

I watched the hearing.

BBM
He waived his speedy trial for an additional year to extend it to January 31, 2021. Just to clarify, no trial date has been scheduled. IMO.

Thanks for the summaries and link to video. Have been busy on other projects, so appreciate the updates. Not surprised JW trial is delayed longer. Also not surprised at all the last minute motions. His lawyers hadn't filed many motions previously, JMO. They all seem to be doing this, possibly as a delaying tactic, also possible they are jockeying for position to see who goes to trial first.

Will be interesting to see what develops.

Also noting that this new thread is on the 3rd page already. Sorry I missed adding the Case Summary and Timeline on the first page.

If anyone wants to see them, just go back to the first page of the previous thread. When time permits, I'll try to re-post them on the Media & Timelines thread, too. This week will also be a busy one for me, so will try to check in. So many projects on the burner!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member