OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC, in MY OPINION, May 9, 2017 is when the Wagners unhooked all their physical wire interceptions, etc. and left. Thus, the reason for the ending date on those two charges.

I don't know what put them in such a hurry, but I believe it tied to James Manley's arrest, based on the timing. JMO

Also, very few of the search warrants were made public. I don't think we have a date of the Bethel Rd search?

All just my opinion.

I mentioned in a previous post that I think the Bethel road search was August 2018. I just found the article about those August 2018 searches, one at Flying Farms but not a specific mention of Bethel Rd. but its very likely--- because Bethel road is in that general area--- that this is when Bethel Rd. was searched. The Wagners lived at Bethel Rd. for years according to court documents from when they got arrested:

• File Date:
  • 11/07/2001
    • Address
    • 845 BETHEL HILL ROAD
      LUCASVILLE, OH 45648
    • File Date:
    • 08/19/2009
      • Address
      • 845 BETHEL HILL ROAD
        LUCASVILLE, OH 45648
August 17, 2018 at 9:21 PM EDT - Updated November 13 at 2:16 PM
Pike County massacre: 2 properties searched, no arrests

Last edited:
I mentioned in a previous post that I think the Bethel road search was August 2018. I just found the article about those August 2018 searches, one at Flying Farms but not a specific mention of Bethel Rd. But its very likely because Bethel road is in that general area, that this is when Bethel Rd. was searched. The Wagners lived at Bethel Rd. for years according to court documents from when they got arrested:

• File Date:
  • 11/07/2001
    • Address
    • 845 BETHEL HILL ROAD
      LUCASVILLE, OH 45648
    • File Date:
    • 08/19/2009
      • Address
      • 845 BETHEL HILL ROAD
        LUCASVILLE, OH 45648
August 17, 2018 at 9:21 PM EDT - Updated November 13 at 2:16 PM
Pike County massacre: 2 properties searched, no arrests

Yes! This! Wasn't it said at the time that the Scioto county search was on Havener Lane in South Webster? JMO

I think the Bethel Rd. search was August 2018. I will look for it, thanks.
I believe there were 2 searches at that time--August 2018--but less media coverage.

Anyone have anything on those searches?

Yes, but can't go back to look for it now. We've discussed it before, the timing of the Bethel Rd searches. All of that came around the time FW, RN and who knows else testified before the Pike County GJ. It wouldn't have been difficult for LE to do, they only needed to research FW's property holdings and GW3 & AW's prior address. Apparently they needed enough "probable cause" to get search warrants, but they already had enough to search the Peterson Rd and Flying W farms in 2017. IDK, this case had so many stops and starts.

Loomis, with all due respect to both you and Betty, I interpreted Betty’s statement that the State of Ohio cares about our opinions and follows our guidance just like the football coaches and refs listen to my advice through the TV. Lol. It sounds good be they do what they wanna do.

Lol, true. Its very unlikely they read Websleuths, let alone consider our opinions.:rolleyes:o_O

Yes, but can't go back to look for it now. We've discussed it before, the timing of the Bethel Rd searches. All of that came around the time FW, RN and who knows else testified before the Pike County GJ. It wouldn't have been difficult for LE to do, they only needed to research FW's property holdings and GW3 & AW's prior address. Apparently they needed enough "probable cause" to get search warrants, but they already had enough to search the Peterson Rd and Flying W farms in 2017. IDK, this case had so many stops and starts.

Lol, true. Its very unlikely they read Websleuths, let alone consider our opinions.:rolleyes:o_O

Thanks. I wasn't on Websleuths until almost 2019 so yes, I realize it would have been discussed. I think a good thing for posters like me is to go back down through the threads and read what Websleuth posters said at that time. I am doing that now to see what Websleuth poster's said about the arrests. Very good reading. Wish I had been on Websleuth back then.

PS...Sometimes posters don't want to go over the past events dealing with the investigation but remember many newer posters are unfamiliar with some of the past events.

After all, this is a 3 1/2 year active case!

Last edited:
"Jake Wagner, 23, said there’s a 50/50 chance he’s Kylie’s father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become her full sister."

https://amp.chillicothegazette.com/amp/85442712

Whaaat???? He and Hanna dated for almost 3 years before Sophia was born????

You better believe that the Defense Attorney’s are monitoring all the social media sites that are about the Rhodens family murders, Remember the jury pool is the public and the Defense Attorney’s will get all information to use to win their case with, JMO

Yes! This! Wasn't it said at the time that the Scioto county search was on Havener Lane in South Webster? JMO
This is Rita's house. Angela's house was searched. Angela's S.Webster house was searched there were police cars in front of it.

NEWCOMB, RITA JO
  • Address
  • 34 HAVENER LANE
    SOUTH WEBSTER, OH 45682
Court records show Angela's last address is the Delaware County Jail.

Last edited:
The prosecutors look to Webslueths/SM etc.. to get a handle on the prospective jury pool, what the general public thinks--how the general public is interpreting all the "Case Evidence" that is out there in the public domain.

We are the prospective jurors. What SM says matters. Right now, the defense, same thing. Defense knows most think the Wagners are guilty...2 Cents....

Do you think so? I've always assumed defense attorneys read social media, news, etc. during trials to see what the public thinks, but not the prosecution. They're focused on presenting evidence, dealing with witnesses.

But, yes, defense attorneys may read some stuff and may comment, too.

Do you think so? I've always assumed defense attorneys read social media, news, etc. during trials to see what the public thinks, but not the prosecution. They're focused on presenting evidence, dealing with witnesses.

But, yes, defense attorneys may read some stuff and may comment, too.

If not the prosecution then I think LE, during the investigation, was on SM sites to look for clues, someone "runs their mouth" and creates a lead.

You better believe that the Defense Attorney’s are monitoring all the social media sites that are about the Rhodens family murders, Remember the jury pool is the public and the Defense Attorney’s will get all information to use to win their case with, JMO

Oops, sorry. I was referring to prosecutors, we joked about whether the state AG took our advice and got a special prosecutor to help out Prosecutor Canepa. It was a joke.

Not so sure why I'm having such a difficult time making this point. Its not worth it, haha.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks. I wasn't on Websleuths until almost 2019 so yes, I realize it would have been discussed. I think a good thing for posters like me is to go back down through the threads and read what Websleuth posters said at that time. I am doing that now to see what Websleuth poster's said about the arrests. Very good reading. Wish I had been on Websleuth back then.

PS...Sometimes posters don't want to go over the past events dealing with the investigation but remember many newer posters are unfamiliar with some of the past events.

After all, this is a 3 1/2 year active case!

Most of us here weren't aware of the Bethel Rd searches until early 2019 or late 2018, when information came out in the discovery docs. It's kind of surprising LE didn't search there before then, but I suppose we'll find out why when the trials start.

IIRC, there wasn't much of anything going on that the public was aware of back in late August 2018. After the arrests and discovery process, we learned RN and FW testified a couple months before that. August 2018 may have also been around the time the 4 Wags came back from AK. Not sure we know those dates yet.

What is it about the Bethel Rd searches that you think is so important? Thus far, the assumption has been it was a possible staging area before and after the murders - a place where the 4 W's went before the murders to prepare and after to destroy evidence.

Most of us here weren't aware of the Bethel Rd searches until early 2019 or late 2018, when information came out in the discovery docs. It's kind of surprising LE didn't search there before then, but I suppose we'll find out why when the trials start.

IIRC, there wasn't much of anything going on that the public was aware of back in late August 2018. After the arrests and discovery process, we learned RN and FW testified a couple months before that. August 2018 may have also been around the time the 4 Wags came back from AK. Not sure we know those dates yet.

Thank you :) for clearing it up. I'm just trying to write out the timeline for myself to compare dates of searches to the addresses and to who lived there and what news articles and interviews came out at the times of those searches..

Last edited:

What is it about the Bethel Rd searches that you think is so important? Thus far, the assumption has been it was a possible staging area before and after the murders - a place where the 4 W's went before the murders to prepare and after to destroy evidence.
Betty P I might be wrong but I believe that the killers had to have a place to practice the murders before 4/22/2016 and the place that you and CC are talking about would have been a good place to practice and to clean up after the murders, remember out of site out of mind!
JMO

This is Rita's house. Angela's house was searched. Angela's S.Webster house was searched there were police cars in front of it.

NEWCOMB, RITA JO
  • Address
  • 34 HAVENER LANE
    SOUTH WEBSTER, OH 45682
Court records show Angela's last address is the Delaware County Jail.

Thank you! I looked for the link but couldn't find it. Can you please post? TY

From the timeline:

Something happened in those interviews. JW stopped his wiretapping when they moved out of the Peterson Rd. farm. Recall on June 8, BCI searched the trash at the Jackson Days Inn, so we might assume they temporarily moved to the Days Inn before hitting the road.
I agree, the direction of investigations took a dramatic turn in that time period. JM was finally eliminated as the prime suspect and the shift appeared to turn straight towards the W4.

Interesting though, is the Peterson property(s) sold on March 10, 2017. I would assume the Wags needed to vacate the property immediately after closing.
Where did they go until they left for AK?
All we know is that they moved into their AK rental mid June. Where were they from March 10 until mid June? A piece of that mystery may be the trash pull on June 8, 2017 at the Days Inn in Jackson. At this point we're are assuming it was Jackson Ohio, but the state has not been officially confirmed in court documents, only the city.

A possible scenario would be they moved back onto the FWF property after selling and closing on Peterson in March 2017. At some point in late April/early May 2017, the W4 realized they had become the prime suspects in the investigation. The W4 also realized LE had probably also figured out who's communications they were accessing, I'm going to venture to guess....... about May 9, 2017. The gig was up.

Less than a week before the May 10-13 raids on the FWF and Peterson property, Jake moved all of their belongings (in 3 trailers and 2-3 vehicles) over to a friend's property on 41.

IMO, they suspected the raid on the FWF was imminent and that is why they moved the trailers and vehicles off FWF property in the hopes LE would not find them and confiscate them.

Sales information for 260 Peterson property.
260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - MLS 1512340 - Coldwell Banker

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that at least one W was manipulating social media, or at least trying to?

Yes. Johnny BB pointed something interesting out to me. Go on Websleuths (this forum) around thread #33 and read awhile before the Wagner arrests, and you will notice that there are poster(s) who try to steer the conversation away from the Wagners.

When the Wagners are pointed out as suspects, a poster(s) will go on about it being a drug hit and how it couldn't be the Wagners because of this and that.

Then after arrests, you will see the poster(s) stop posting..This means they could be Wagner relatives or the Wagners themselves. Obviously if a Wagner 4 is posting they disappeared after November 13, 2018. Put 2+2 together.

Opinion. Can't prove. Well BCI would know.

And early on I believe the Wagners were on SM targeting BJM and especially JM,
on here, on the site that was deleted, and on Facebook. At one point Angela identified herself on a Rhoden Facebook group then disappeared, very telling, she for sure was one of them posting. She tried to say her family was innocent but she gave up against the hard questions and push back.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that at least one W was manipulating social media, or at least trying to?

Yes, absolutely.

JMO, that's where all the early rumors and accusations came from. All the suspicion cast on BJM, JM, DS, and other family members. They were giving similar "leads" to LE.

I think some of them were active on social media, on FB, etc. up until near the time they were arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah