OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junk said:
"You’re probably going to see a couple of different trial teams,
prosecutors will sort of tag-team the actual trials. "

At Junk’s request Deering has added a second special prosecutor from the Attorney General's office, Robert Pierson. Pierson is listed as a prosecutor on Newcomb’s case and three of the four other Wagner cases currently before the court.

Junk told the Times Canepa still will be part of the cases going forward. He stated he personally will sit in on probably no more than two of the trials, o_O one reason being he has other trials to which he needs to attend.

Investigator suspension unrelated
BCI Agent Mike
Trout’s work has no bearing on the pending cases.

Newcomb’s trial moving forward: Junk - Portsmouth Daily Times
Thankx for this informative article. The PORTSMOUTH DAILY TIMES is the best MSM outlet when it comes to summoning up the Wagner Pre-Trial Hearings.

Earlier today I posted some quotes from this article but wanted to thank you for posting the article in the first place....:rolleyes:

“Over 30 law enforcement agencies inside Ohio and nearly two dozen law enforcement agencies from 10 different states, along with federal partners and Canadian authorities assisted with the Pike County investigation –"

IMO, it was 2 years 7 months from murders to arrests. Dang awesome for 8 murders. To me, this says investigators knew who the perpetrators were early on. There were never any other suspects named, and I think it was because ALL evidence pointed to the Wagners and then proved more and more true as time went along. Look above at all the agencies and the number of officers involved in this investigation. That speaks volumes.

I only have one question for those who sincerely believe the Wagners aren't guilty. WHO do you believe committed these murders and why? And what evidence do you have that supports that theory? <modsnip>

Also, I don't see how anyone can stand for both Sheriff Reader and the Wagners/RN at the same time. This is incomprehensible to me. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Those capital cases do not include Newcomb, who is not directly charged with the murders.

Both DeWine and later Yost supplied Junk with help in dealing with the cases. Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa has been present at every pre-trial held to date. At Junk’s request, Deering has added a second special prosecutor, Robert Pierson from the Attorney General’s office to the prosecution team.

Junk told the Times Canepa still will be part of the cases going forward. Junk said prosecutors will sort of tag team the actual trials. He stated he personally will sit in on probably no more than two of the trials, one reason being he has other trials besides the Wagner cases to which he needs to attend.

It look like Rob Junk is just going help on 2 of the Wagners trials.
I would be willing to bet money on which 2 trials he plans to help on.

I suspect the 2 will be the trials of those that pulled triggers....

My guess is Billy and Jake.

JMO. MOO

“Over 30 law enforcement agencies inside Ohio and nearly two dozen law enforcement agencies from 10 different states, along with federal partners and Canadian authorities assisted with the Pike County investigation –"

IMO, it was 2 years 7 months from murders to arrests. Dang awesome for 8 murders. To me, this says investigators knew who the perpetrators were early on. There were never any other suspects named, and I think it was because ALL evidence pointed to the Wagners and then proved more and more true as time went along. Look above at all the agencies and the number of officers involved in this investigation. That speaks volumes.

I only have one question for those who sincerely believe the Wagners aren't guilty. WHO do you believe committed these murders and why? And what evidence do you have that supports that theory? I doubt anyone will have the guts to post an answer, but it is a genuine, logical question. TY

Also, I don't see how anyone can stand for both Sheriff Reader and the Wagners/RN at the same time. This is incomprehensible to me. JMO

You mention the investigators knowing who the perpetrators were early on, look at these dates:
What happened May 9th 2017?

Count (19) Unauthorized Use of Property from July 1st 2014 through May 9th 2017.
Hacking into their computer networks, cable, phones, which gave access to their social media accounts, facebook, e-mail, search history etc..

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/20b6zw25c06qn5xt/images/26-e7476944fa.jpg

Count (20) Interception of Wire, Oral, Electronic Communication from July 1st 2014 through May 9th 2017.
Hacking into their devices/telecommunications so they could commit Count 19.

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/20b6zw25c06qn5xt/images/27-fece5361ef.jpg

Last edited:
You mention the investigators knowing who the perpetrators were early on, look at these dates:

Count (19) Unauthorized Use of Property from July 1st 2014 through May 9th 2017.
Hacking into their computer networks, cable, phones, which gave access to their social media accounts, facebook, e-mail, search history etc..

Count (20) Interception of Wire, Oral, Electronic Communication from July 1st 2014 through May 9th 2017.

Yes 'mam CC, but I think they knew even earlier than this...JMO

State v. Ervin, 2018 Ohio 3451 – CourtListener.com

This is a great example of signatures being "copied and transferred over" to other documents electronically. It is JMO that this is what RN and/or AW did, followed by RN illegally notarizing the documents as if they were signed in her presence. All just my opinion. Remember when AC talked about the dates that were "copied over?"

RN was already involved in a case in Adams, Clark and Madison counties when she actually became a suspect in the Rhoden/Gilley case. THIS WAS ATTESTED TO BY Judge Deering in one of the hearings which I do not have the link to at this time, so being posted as MOO, but I know others remember it. BTW, this incident and these counties are referenced in the above court entries, which are now filed UNDER SEAL. JMO

I bet it's not so easy to copy over signatures and all of the info. necessary for the notary journal that I mentioned previously. moo

Glad to see this. They POSSIBLY had this in mind from the beginning feeling confident that Canepa, et al would/could handle the pre-lims, JMO

Yes, they're probably accustomed to shifting around on cases, as needed. Having 4 people being tried on DP charges for the same crimes might be a little more challenging, but no doubt they're used to it. Their office probably handles hundreds of cases a year.

From the timeline:

Friday, April 28, 2017

11:35 am - James Manley finds and removes tracking device and destroys it

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

May 10, 2017

BCI search at 260 Peterson Rd

Something happened in those interviews. JW stopped his wiretapping when they moved out of the Peterson Rd. farm. Recall on June 8, BCI searched the trash at the Jackson Days Inn, so we might assume they temporarily moved to the Days Inn before hitting the road.

From the timeline:

Something happened in those interviews. JW stopped his wiretapping when they moved out of the Peterson Rd. farm. Recall on June 8, BCI searched the trash at the Jackson Days Inn, so we might assume they temporarily moved to the Days Inn before hitting the road.

Maybe they asked questions about the type and brand of device he uses to access the internet. That phone he lost after the murders? Or some question that tipped him off they might be on the trail of his snooping.

So what was the date they packed up and moved to Bever-lee, er Alaska? I looked through several pages of the timeline thread. Is there more than one timeline thread? Not important I guess, just curious if it was soon after that interview. I suppose putting the house up for sale might be the first move, and closer to that interview.

IMOMOO, something about that interview set their heads on fire.

I still remember the quote from a LEO, ".... I guess you dye your hair and move to Alaska." Wonder what the date of that article was?

Maybe they asked questions about the type and brand of device he uses to access the internet. That phone he lost after the murders? Or some question that tipped him off they might be on the trail of his snooping.

So what was the date they packed up and moved to Bever-lee, er Alaska? I looked through several pages of the timeline thread. Is there more than one timeline thread? Not important I guess, just curious if it was soon after that interview. I suppose putting the house up for sale might be the first move, and closer to that interview.

IMOMOO, something about that interview set their heads on fire.

I still remember the quote from a LEO, ".... I guess you dye your hair and move to Alaska." Wonder what the date of that article was?

The latest timeline is from around April of this year and it's posted at the beginning of the thread previous to this one.

Something set the ball rolling when they planted the GPS devices on JM and JW's trucks on the one year anniversary. Once the news hit about JM removing his and subsequent arrest and questioning, LE started questioning the Wagners.

They had already listed the farm for sale at that point and the questioning made them start packing. Keep in mind, all 4 of the Wagners were charged with the electronic surveillance, etc. Count

Attachments

• RhodenMurderIndictments.pdf
    450.4 KB · Views: 12
BettyP, no disrespect, but JMO I very seriously doubt they are watching or acting on behalf of us.

Loomis, with all due respect to both you and Betty, I interpreted Betty’s statement that the State of Ohio cares about our opinions and follows our guidance just like the football coaches and refs listen to my advice through the TV. Lol. It sounds good be they do what they wanna do.

Was trying to find that quote I mentioned above, but no luck. Can't remember the main subject of the news article, seems there was some other controversy involved, aside from the 'dye your hair' quote. Seems like it was one of the investigators.

Did find almost the same phrase in a book, don't see a date on it. (found the date: 2016)

"I'd have to dye my hair and move to Alaska, ...."

Braking for Bodies
By Duffy Brown
Braking for Bodies

CC, in MY OPINION, May 9, 2017 is when the Wagners unhooked all their physical wire interceptions, etc. and left. Thus, the reason for the ending date on those two charges.

I don't know what put them in such a hurry, but I believe it tied to James Manley's arrest, based on the timing. JMO

Also, very few of the search warrants were made public. I don't think we have a date of the Bethel Rd search?

All just my opinion.

From the timeline:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Jake and Angela Wagner

Approx. May 5, 2017

Jacob Wagner asks ___ Brown if he can store some trailers on his property. He tells him his farm is sold and he and his brother have found good paying jobs “up north” and are moving there. He needs to move out of farm for new owners. JW drops off 3 trailers at the Brown property “a week before the search

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

Monday, May 8, 2017

PCSO/BCI conducts audio interview with George Wagner III

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jake Wagner stopped his activities related to intercepting, wire, oral or electronic communications, per Count 20 of his Indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments.aspx

May 10, 2017

BCI search at 260 Peterson

Thank you for answering my question. Now I know why the Wagner's surveillance on the families stopped May 9th 2017 (the Wagners moved out of Peterson Road). You answered a significant question.

Exactly what I've been looking for! ;) I am trying to get as much information from that time as I can because I bet we will find out in trial that something significant started happening in the spring of 2017.

Reader knew it was locals, he said this in mid to late October 2016.
LM said LE stopped questioning BJM and JM and doing lie detectors on them at that time. (LM said something in an article that made it sound like it was something LE had been doing but apparently had stopped.)

So why put a tracker on Jame's car that following April? :rolleyes: Because BCI was intensely focusing on the locals but making the Manley's think they were not focused on them, making the Wagners think they were not focused on them. But really they were.

Then LE went all out in May and started all those interviews in May, and made it obvious who they were focusing on. Dropping charges on Manley and getting the Wagners to trip themselves up in their lies. "All the lies they told us."
LE was already planning to get them in lies for a trial. They always said they won't indict until they have enough to get a guilty verdict. LE was planning that far ahead.

Anyone who wants me to try to find articles let me know. Without articles it is only my opinion.

Last edited:
CC, in MY OPINION, May 9, 2017 is when the Wagners unhooked all their physical wire interceptions, etc. and left. Thus, the reason for the ending date on those two charges.

I don't know what put them in such a hurry, but I believe it tied to James Manley's arrest, based on the timing. JMO

Also, very few of the search warrants were made public. I don't think we have a date of the Bethel Rd search?

All just my opinion.

I think the Bethel Rd. search was August 2018. I will look for it, thanks.
I believe there were 2 searches at that time--August 2018--but less media coverage.

Anyone have anything on those searches?

Last edited:
Loomis, with all due respect to both you and Betty, I interpreted Betty’s statement that the State of Ohio cares about our opinions and follows our guidance just like the football coaches and refs listen to my advice through the TV. Lol. It sounds good be they do what they wanna do.

The prosecutors look to Webslueths/SM etc.. to get a handle on the prospective jury pool, what the general public thinks--how the general public is interpreting all the "Case Evidence" that is out there in the public domain.

We are the prospective jurors. What SM says matters. Right now, the defense, same thing. Defense knows most think the Wagners are guilty...2 Cents....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member