OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more, these family's deserve some peace and closure.

Gerlach was Billy's attorney in the road rage incident with a gun:

"Frank Gerlach — Billy Wagner’s attorney at the time — reviewed his 2001 files at the newspaper’s request. Neither Gerlach’s recollection nor his records indicate a gun was held to anyone’s head."
Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

Very interesting! I now remember this!

I couldn't agree more, these family's deserve some peace and closure.

Gerlach was Billy's attorney in the road rage incideo_Oo_Oo_Ont with a gun:

"Frank Gerlach — Billy Wagner’s attorney at the time — reviewed his 2001 files at the newspaper’s request. Neither Gerlach’s recollection nor his records indicate a gun was held to anyone’s head."
Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law
Good find Puzz! A+++. ;):)
That they were using Rita's attorney Gerlach back then.

Fred paying
for his services now? Would pay for him to get Rita off because it would greatly help Fred's
family's case...o_Oo_Oo_O :eek:

Last edited:
I'd just like to emphasize one VERY important fact of error in Gerlach's Motion Contra.

Correct spelling of Bruce Russell Dailey is spelled with an "e" in his last name. Gerlach failed to include that "e" in his Memorandum Contra, spelling it as "Daily." Mistake? Hardly, IMO.

Yes! why make it such a big freak'in deal? Oh I know-- because they can! I am at a loss for words at this point on this subject....Time to pack up and buy a plot of land in Alaska!

For those not in the area. Columbus to Piketon area is about 60 miles-
Straight on route 23
AC could have sent someone to drive to Junks office to pick up boxes...or vice versa.
Doesn’t matter. Gerlach is in Portsmouth. He is being paid by Ohio Taxpayers
Gerlach could have sent the discovery via vehicle delivery to AC in Columbus.
Again, doesn’t matter. Gerlach was late in delivering discovery per Ohio regs and should have delivered to all prosecutors.
Gerlach is playing games. My opinion. He wants to delay this trial.

Straight on route 23
AC could have sent someone to drive to Junks office to pick up boxes...or vice versa.
Again, doesn’t matter. Gerlach was late in delivering discovery per Ohio regs and should have delivered to all prosecutors.

Gerlach is not being paid by taxpayers. Rita Newcomb is not indigent, nor is she one of the 4 who are indigent and have court-appointed attorneys. JMO based solely on the journal entries in her court case.

Straight on route 23
Agree, the discovery was made as late as possible and in an inconvenient way. Also agree he is absolutely playing games.

But, I don't think Gerlach is being paid by Ohio Taxpayers. He is being paid by a private citizen...... Rita did not ask for the state to pay for her attorney. Interesting because IIRC she initially stated that her power had been turned off and she was living by the light of a Kerosene lamp.

Hmmmm. Who might be paying Gerlach (directly or indirectly)?

Probably someone with money that has a vested interest in the outcome of the W4's trials......

Last edited:
Jmo Reader was very concerned with the three little ones that were there that night, we all agree on that. But What I don’t understand is why would the WAgners go back months later and harm those three? What would be the benefit of it? If reader thought at the time it was Wagner’s what made him think the Wagner’s would harm 3 babies months later? Jmo

I think you have hit upon the point.
I believe Reader was referring to “Unknown” people wanting to harm the 3 surviving little ones at that time. It would seem that he didn’t suspect the W.
He made no public statements, that I can find, that he suspected the W’s at that time.

Last edited:
Gerlach is not being paid by taxpayers. Rita Newcomb is not indigent, nor is she one of the 4 who are indigent and have court-appointed attorneys. JMO based solely on the journal entries in her court case.
Ok, ty, you’re correct. I was wrong about that.
Regardless, considering the high profile of this case, one side or the other should have been able to drive 60 miles or so to deliver evidence or to share evidence.
Again, even if RN attorney isn’t being paid by Ohio taxpayers, the cost of the entire trials will be on the Ohio Taxpayers. So any frivolous delay is one to be recognized as such.
They both are playing games. And we are at the beginning of the first trial.
MOO

Agree, the discovery was made as late as possible and in an inconvenient way. Also agree he is absolutely playing games.

But, I don't think Gerlach is being paid by Ohio Taxpayers. He is being paid by a private citizen...... Rita did not ask for the state to pay for her attorney. Interesting because IIRC she initially stated that her power had been turned off and she was living by the light of a Kerosene lamp.

Hmmmm. Who might be paying Gerlach (directly or indirectly)?

Probably someone with money that has a vested interest in the outcome of the W4's trials......

Thank you - I guess I was remembering the “power had been turned off..” ...and assumed incorrectly.

Ok, ty, you’re correct. I was wrong about that.
Regardless, considering the high profile of this case, one side or the other should have been able to drive 60 miles or so to deliver evidence or to share evidence.
Again, even if RN attorney isn’t being paid by Ohio taxpayers, the cost of the entire trials will be on the Ohio Taxpayers. So any frivolous delay is one to be recognized as such.
They both are playing games. And we are at the beginning of the first trial.
MOO

IMO, the Prosecution is not playing games.

Yes! why make it such a big freak'in deal? Oh I know-- because they can! I am at a loss for words at this point on this subject....Time to pack up and buy a plot of land in Alaska!

While you're up there, can you do some investigation for us? Lol

And also catch some sockeye for me...been there once...caught my limit every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member