OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BS, IMO. Let the trial begin.

As Canepa says, none of the witnesses called have anything to say that's harmful to the prosecution's case, so there's nothing to be concerned about. If Gerlach tries to make it appear they're lying or that they performed their job improperly, etc. AC will be able to object and do cross examination to bring out facts and clear up any confusion for jurors.

Please...say again??? Last paragraph. Pretty weak case against which side?
Could they be on list to keep them out of courtroom?
No proof that it was ever requested from HR or Jake Wagner that I have seen. Anyone?

If on the BC wouldn't the state be on him re: Suds Child support?

As Canepa says, none of the witnesses called have anything to say that's harmful to the prosecution's case, so there's nothing to be concerned about. If Gerlach tries to make it appear they're lying or that they performed their job improperly, etc. AC will be able to object and do cross examination to bring out facts and clear up any confusion for jurors.

Yes, Gerlach needs to establish foundation for witnesses, questions etc. Or they will be objected. Can't have,a circus of witnesses that have nothing to do with the case he is defending.
Just as the prosecution must. IMO some of this is for the sake of the W4. I may be wrong. But that's my thought. How many people does it take to establish that your client did or didn't lie and she signed illegal documents.

My 2 cents and opinion.

It looks to me like it says in the document, according to Jake:
"Hanna and I took the actions required for my name to be on the birth certificate."

So perhaps his name was on it?
If his name was on it then why would he even have to mention ask my mother, she (SW) looks like my baby pictures, has my hair, build and hammer toe? That doesn't make sense, 7 days after the murders JW and family weren't even on the radar as responsible.

"..This attorney attended South Texas College of Law Houston and has been licensed for 23 years.. "

No wonder Houston News picked it up.
As for televising the trial? I feel same as you.

I think it will be on Facebook live as previous. I don't think that will prohibit stations to cover impeachment Hearings on Tues, Wed, Thurs.
I hope at least.

Not if any of them, especially Sheriff Reader, takes the 5th, which he may very well do.

I think it will be on Facebook live as previous. I don't think that will prohibit stations to cover impeachment Hearings on Tues, Wed, Thurs.
I hope at least.
Thank you. I forgot about facebook. I have never heard of Jury Voi Dire being televised. When trials are televised cameras are careful to stay away from the Jury Box.

Stages of a Criminal Trial
Stages of a Criminal Trial | Justia

1) Voir Dire
2) Opening Statements
3) Prosecution Evidence and Witnesses
4) Motion for Directed Verdict - order from judge to jury to return a particular verdict or a judgment of Acquittal
5) Defense Evidence and Witnesses
6) Jury Charge
7) Jury Deliberations and Verdict
8) Post-Trial Motions
15894863_10154354728102861_4171453628496560876_n.png.jpg

Justia works on free legal information & community projects, including free case law, codes & regulations databases & lawyer, law blog & twitterer directories.

Last edited:
Thank you. I forgot about facebook. I could be wrong but I have never heard of Jury Voi Dire being televised. When trials are televised cameras are careful to stay away from the Jury Box.

Stages of a Criminal Trial
Stages of a Criminal Trial | Justia

Voir Dire
Opening Statements
Prosecution Evidence and Witnesses
Motion for Directed Verdict
Defense Evidence and Witnesses
Jury Charge
Jury Deliberations and Verdict
Post-Trial Motions
15894863_10154354728102861_4171453628496560876_n.png.jpg

Justia works on free legal information & community projects, including free case law, codes & regulations databases & lawyer, law blog & twitterer directories.
Yes of course, I wasn't thinking of that. Jury selection will certainly not be televised. I sure hope one of the stations will cover the trial, outside of Facebook.

Monday, November 18th:
*Trial set to begin with jury selection (@ 8:30am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. Rhoden (16), Hanna May Rhoden (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *Rita Jo Newcomb (65) (Maternal grandmother) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged & arraigned (11/15/18) with 3 counts forgery (5th degree), 1 count obstructing justice (5th degree) & 1 count perjury (3rd degree). Plead not guilty. $50K Surety bond. Trial is scheduled for 11/18/19- (should last about 4 days)
10/22/19 Motions Resolved: see post#970 for info: OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51
11/13/19 Update: Status conference held. The State requested that the trial be continued for reasons stated on the record. Defense attorneys express their objection to continuance. Judge ordered that the State must serve & file a written motion requesting the continuance before 11/14/19 at 4pm.
11/15/19: According to a filing by the defense, opposing the continuance, prosecutors say they need more time to review documents the state received from Newcomb's attorney yesterday. Attorney Frank Gerlach claims he still has not received documents he needs from prosecutors. Judge Deering has overruled the State's request for a continuance. The trial will proceed on schedule.
*George Washington Wagner III (47) – Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/9.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48) – Pretrial motions hearing on 12/11.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner (26) - Fact Specific Motions hearing on 12/11.
*George Washington Wagner IV (28) - Next pretrial & scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

Mike Schell on Twitter

ONLY ON FOX19 NOW: Rita Newcomb arrives at the Pike County Courthouse for the start of her trial. Newcomb accused of obstruction, perjury and forgery in connection with the murders of 8 members of the Rhoden family in 2016. Jury selection expected to last the entire day. @FOX19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet