OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think. Emphasize think. You by law can only be called to serve on jury duty once a year.
I believe you are called for jury duty for a few weeks. If they were not questioned/ interviewed I believe they could be called up again. However if it is a new month it may be a new jury pool. It sounds as though the 12/2 is just a hearing not the start of her trial. MOO

I believe you are called for jury duty for a few weeks. If they were not questioned/ interviewed I believe they could be called up again. However if it is a new month it may be a new jury pool. It sounds as though the 12/2 is just a hearing not the start of her trial. MOO

I'll have to look up civil law for Ohio regarding jury duty. Unless someone beats me to it. So at least we know something. Thank you

Being that this is a very rural county maybe that's how they call juries. Here where I live, very near the biggest city in our state, you only need to show up the one day. If you don't get called or picked, you're service is done for the year.

If I am not mistaken, The Jury must be sworn in before dismissing them results in a disqualification for a year.

IANAL, but I watched a lot of Law&Order.
Not in my state, you sit in a large room, if you get called to be possibly picked you go to a courtroom. Only way you have to come back after the day in the courthouse is if you're picked. If you sit in the large room all day or are sent back to it that day because you don't make a jury, you have fulfilled your obligation for the year.

As Canepa says, none of the witnesses called have anything to say that's harmful to the prosecution's case, so there's nothing to be concerned about. If Gerlach tries to make it appear they're lying or that they performed their job improperly, etc. AC will be able to object and do cross examination to bring out facts and clear up any confusion for jurors.

‘JMO, but AC stated in the State’s Motion to delay submitted on 11/14 that she believed the Defense’s decision to include the three new witnesses in order to impeach their testimony. So do you suppose Gerlach is trying to get it in the court record that the Reader brothers are up on charges of corruption and the documents are planted, which would toss the evidence for all of the trials? IANAL but I don’t think he can accuse them of lying since their case is ongoing but he could shade it pretty well for potential jurors. Moo.

Dropbox - State's Motion Continuance Rita.pdf - Simplify your life

Well I looked. I think maybe Jury Duty is up to 2 weeks; meaning you could be required to report for Jury Duty. This is prior to voir dire.
Sorry cant find specific law as to reporting and being dismissed without any questions in Ohio.

I live in PA. So I'm lost currently. Just a citizen who served on Federal Court Jury once. Many summons for Country but never required to report. Seems states have their own laws. So...
I have no knowledge on this case.

Sorry to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members