OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, January 21st:
*Pretrial & Scheduling Conference Hearing (@ 2pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Trial was set to begin 9/4/19. Trial continuance granted on 7/24/19. No date set as of 1/20/20.
Court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 7/22/19 reference post #1459 here:
OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

7/24/19 Update: Discovery in this case - one delivery maybe two, still not complete. All material will be done by Aug 1. Still a lot of materials. Bill of particulars - has been filed on July 18. Pre-trial motions to have been filed by today. Altering schedule somewhat. Received a motion from defense to continue the trial (granted). Prosecution does not object. Defense filed 6 pretrial motions, need to be scheduled for hearing. Need all filed ASAP. Non-substantive motions should be filed by Aug 31, Sept 13, prosecution respond. Sept. 20 will have hearing on those. Continuance of jury trial-granted - lack of discovery, etc. Right to speedy trial issue. GW4 waiving his right to speedy trial, signed it. Court approves. No date yet set for trial.
9/20/19 Update: Motion #53: Defendant's motion to extend time for filing substantive pretrial motions filed. Judge announces further dates in January 2020 for rebuttal & decisions on pre-trial motions. Defense withdraws their motion for more discovery on DNA evidence because they've been told there is no DNA evidence for GW4. DA Canepa agrees. Motions deadline for defense is 1/10/20 & State rebuttal if any on 1/17/20. Pretrial & scheduling conference hearing on 1/21/20.
12/30/19 Entry Granting Defendant's motion to extend time for filing pretrial motions to 1/31/20 filed.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 27) - Pretrial hearing on 2/10/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 48)Pretrial hearing on 2/11/20.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) – Pretrial Motions hearing 2/25/20.

*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2. No update as of 1/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges dismissed without prejudice.

A link to the convoy that searched FWF in May 2017. Been looking for this forever.

Ryan Hunley
Yes, I remember this video. It was significant because DeWines office was denying it was happening.

There was another one a day later, taken by some people standing in a cemetery near Flying W. It was another LE convoy that had just done some drug busts down in that neighborhood. Right after the searches. One was someone manufacturing drugs, assuming meth. Not sure if was connected,but the people taking the video thought so. Some folks may have been talking.

Thankx Tiff! Now we know Billy and Angela got married in January 1991. Appreciate it!

GW4 born:
DOB 10/6/1991

Placing it in the time line after: “Wagner served in the U.S. Air Force from November 1988 to November 1989” That’s what Apx 14 months after her service time ended, according to the article, that they married? And as you pointed out very close to the time GW4 was conceived.

I did notice they each listed SELF EMPLOYED already in these early stages leading to their marriage and they gave addresses next to one another on Wagner property in the application. I wonder if she started working for the Wagners in some capacity before her and Billy married/started a relationship.

Heads up

Routine questions for defendant, all ok. State ok too.

Talking about discovery and volume of it.

AC says state is still providing remaining discovery by end of this month.

State still working to give them a more detailed summary by the end of this month.

Scheduling a meeting with just attorneys of both sides to go over evidence to make sure everyone has everything on both sides.

Nash agrees, that is what they agree to. State says its the goal to have it all finished by end of this month (January).

Judge says if there is a lot of discovery filed at the end of the month, will defense file a motion for more time. They said yes.

Nothing else at this time.

GW4 having quite a long talk after court adjourned.

Last edited:
Does anyone know (Jake) Edward Jacob Wagner's DOB? Thankx.

Heads up

State still working to give them a more detailed summary by the end of this month.

Scheduling a meeting with just attorneys of both sides to go over evidence to make sure everyone has everything on both sides.

Nash agrees, that is what they agree to. State says its the goal to have it all finished by end of this month (January).

Judge says if there is a lot of discovery filed at the end of the month, will defense file a motion for more time. They said yes.

BBM--during that conversation after the hearing was adjourned, I overheard a background conversation with two women. the person called to someone named "Robin" and asked a question, I don't recall the exact wording. The "Robin" answered her by saying something about taking presents and mentioned a "little boy". She mentioned several dinosaur toys. I wonder if the "Robin" is RW and she was talking about taking Christmas presents to GW4's son. IMO

GW4 certainly looked very concerned today. Maybe there will be a YouTube video up soon so I can watch it again.

Heads up

From the small amount that I saw, GW4 appeared, to me, to be a bit drawn through the face, he also, imo, was wearing a rather troubled, pensive, expression (as well he should).

BBM--during that conversation after the hearing was adjourned, I overheard a background conversation with two women. the person called to someone named "Robin" and asked a question, I don't recall the exact wording. The "Robin" answered her by saying something about taking presents and mentioned a "little boy". She mentioned several dinosaur toys. I wonder if the "Robin" is RW and she was talking about taking Christmas presents to GW4's son. IMO

GW4 certainly looked very concerned today. Maybe there will be a YouTube video up soon so I can watch it again.

This is very interesting IType thankx again!

I think - opinion - that you are correct. Robin comes to court alot sitting behind the defense so the Robin you mention I am sure is RW.
The little boy I am sure is GW4's son because it is GW4 who is right there in court - so that makes sense.

GW4 looks concerned and serious all the time and it is all about his son in my opinion. On his facebook he updated his cover photo with a photo of he and his son together, they are both smiling and look happy.

Someone says to him:

M - "What a handsome boy!"

GW4 - "Thanks M he's my whole world I don't know what I would do without him"

George Wagner

I think it was October 2018 when GW4's ex petitioned for more visitation and GW4 demanded she get a psych evaluation and that figures because DeWine said there was obsession with custody and control over the children, and I take that to mean both Jake and GW4's children.

So GW4 must wonder why on earth he got involved with his brother and parent's diabolical scheme. I think it originated from Jake and Angela and that Angela masterminded the custody documents.

Posters say that GW4 had "less skin in the game" and they are right.
But a plea isn't enough, he needs to get not guilty verdicts to see his son again.

Why did the Wagners think 100% they wouldn't get caught?

Why did they think 8 murders would not draw the entire wrath of Ohio and the MSM and social media down on them? Why did they think it would just be a forgotten cold case?

I think when the laser focus didn't "do anything" in their eyes, after almost a year, they went back to Ohio thinking it was going to be a cold case.
I think GW3 felt confident he could go ahead and get his scorpion tattoo which might represent 8 murders because it has 8 segmented body parts.
Who's gonna notice right? Well now it is in his Discovery Evidence!

Last edited:
From the small amount that I saw, GW4 appeared, to me, to be a bit drawn through the face, he also, imo, was wearing a rather troubled, pensive, expression (as well he should).

Yes, agree. He was listening intently to his attorney, who spoke to him at length. Not sure what he was telling him, perhaps a summary of what is to come.

This is very interesting IType thankx again!

I think - opinion - that you are correct. Robin comes to court alot sitting behind the defense so the Robin you mention I am sure is RW.
The little boy I am sure is GW4's son because it is GW4 who is right there in court - so that makes sense.

GW4 looks concerned and serious all the time and it is all about his son in my opinion. On his facebook he updated his cover photo with a photo of he and his son together, they are both smiling and look happy.

Someone says to him:

M - "What a handsome boy!"

GW4 - "Thanks M he's my whole world I don't know what I would do without him"

George Wagner

I think it was October 2018 when GW4's ex petitioned for more visitation and GW4 demanded she get a psych evaluation and that figures because DeWine said there was obsession with custody and control over the children, and I take that to mean both Jake and GW4's children.

So GW4 must wonder why on earth he got involved with his brother and parent's diabolical scheme. I think it originated from Jake and Angela and that Angela masterminded the custody documents.

Posters say that GW4 had "less skin in the game" and they are right.
But a plea isn't enough, he needs to get not guilty verdicts to see his son again.

Why did the Wagners think 100% they wouldn't get caught?

Why did they think 8 murders would not draw the entire wrath of Ohio and the MSM and social media down on them? Why did they think it would just be a forgotten cold case?

I think when the laser focus didn't "do anything" in their eyes, they went back to Ohio almost a year later, thinking it was going to be a cold case and GW3 felt pretty confident he could get his scorpion tattoo which might represent 8 murders because it has 8 segmented body parts.

That sounds like a good explanation. Poor kids, having to pay a terrible price for their parent's mistake.

That sounds like a good explanation. Poor kids, having to pay a terrible price for their parent's mistake.
If only they had just made a stupid mistake. A mistake you don't mean to do or were not thinking clearly, these demons if guilty .... well we all know for months they planned it all out. Stalked, surveilled, shopped for, built silencers for, shared layout of homes, forged documents etc... And then quickly and carefully and methodically carried it out.

But not carefully enough, they left traces behind, parts to build silencers, all the phones and cameras and other things they tampered with, and all the lies they told LE.
I think one lie they were caught in is them saying custody was great and Jake didn't want custody, but everyone else saying the opposite, plus forged custody documents.

Last edited:
They still don’t even look close to being ready

JMO, the big work they're doing now is preparing the last big batch of evidence from the second search of Flying W Farms. They just did that search right before Thanksgiving, so it takes a while to process all of it, organize it, etc.

They had pretty much finished sharing all the evidence from the first part of the investigation, from 2016 thru late 2018. That was a huge amount to process , organize, share, argue over, etc. The second search a few months ago added an extra level of evidence, but probably not as much as the first tranche.

I wonder if GW4 and his attorney were discussing any evidence from the November 2019 FWF search?

I agree. He looks like he's lost more weight just since his last hearing a few months ago. I noticed how small his waist looked and how chiseled his cheek bones looked compared to previous court appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member