OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaguely remember something LM (I think) said regarding on 4/22 that LE was quaranteeing the properties and wouldn’t let JM take his truck or tools for work. Could this have been the same truck?

I don't think so. James Manley drove a small grey truck at the time of the murders. It's the one in several photos parked at the end of Dana's driveway, right side if you're looking at her place.

I don't think so. James Manley drove a small grey truck at the time of the murders. It's the one in several photos parked at the end of Dana's driveway, right side if you're looking at her place.

Yep, kind of bottom right, next to the curb

635969548646854776-042216-RHODEN-02.JPG

Most of the Wagners pretrials is a waste of taxpayers money they last 15 or 20 minutes and it’s over, people it time for those bullies to go on trial, they have pushed their weight around in that area long enough, I wish judge Deering would start cracking the whip on little Jake Wagner, Deering needs to wipe that smile off his face, JMO

So? Then it goes to LWOP which every State with the DP has.

Spending life in prison - no parole - is good. Just. Maximum security for 8 murders. Let them think about it until they are old and die of natural causes. Watch life pass them by.

Death, easy way out....Gives them too short of a sentence...

19 years? Or 60 years to think about what they did?

30 - 40 years for the parents...Better than 19 which is the average DP life span.

Give them those extra maximum security years to contemplate. No easy out.

If guilty, may they live long lives with their mental facilties in tact. Stare at the brick walls.
But you also take that risk with the DP if it is overturned by a technicality like stubbing you’re toe, etc. lol

‘Maybe I wasn’t as clear as I thought. Let me explain: Assuming all W4 get DP—1) Ohio changes OH law to remove DP or on hold due to “unconstitutional” so converted to LWOP, 2) due to severe overcrowding and already served 20-30 yrs, LWOP gets converted to LWP, 3) and since already served 20-30 yrs and have been “model, Bible thumpers living close to the cross” the LWP gets them parole. Another scenario is 1) they get DP but get Perry Mason to win an appeal due to a technicality, 2) OH doesn’t have $$$ to retry so low ‘n’ behold we find the W4 back to working “down on the farm.” What I was trying to conclude is the verdict is NEVER a concrete & foregone conclusion. Politics and circumstances beyond our control may not give the justice that R/G/M families deserve. My only hope is that the families learn to get the peace they deserve.

‘It’s listed in Geo III’s discovery but not in Geo IV’s so I believe it is only Billy’s tattoo.
Yes, thankx Merrygirl, I have been saying this for months, that we are talking here about GW3's scorpion tattoo.

Fine and dandy if posters want to think this is about GW4s' tattoo. But I know that is not the case. JW 4 on his Ex wife's facebook photos showing his tatoos
Would it be safe to say that Bobby joe Manley and her brother James will be called as wittiness on all 4 Wagners trials, is the reason that they haven’t been to any of the pre-trials? JMO
YES

Yes, that's it. Thanks for the photo, Betty!

That photo reminds me of what a beautiful spring day that was. Such horror on a day when all the earth around was bursting out with new life, green shoots, warm sunshine after a long winter. The helicopter video revealed such beautiful scenery. It was the week of the local dogwood festival, wasn't it?

‘Maybe I wasn’t as clear as I thought. Let me explain: Assuming all W4 get DP—1) Ohio changes OH law to remove DP or on hold due to “unconstitutional” so converted to LWOP, 2) due to severe overcrowding and already served 20-30 yrs, LWOP gets converted to LWP, 3) and since already served 20-30 yrs and have been “model, Bible thumpers living close to the cross” the LWP gets them parole. Another scenario is 1) they get DP but get Perry Mason to win an appeal due to a technicality, 2) OH doesn’t have $$$ to retry so low ‘n’ behold we find the W4 back to working “down on the farm.” What I was trying to conclude is the verdict is NEVER a concrete & foregone conclusion. Politics and circumstances beyond our control may not give the justice that R/G/M families deserve. My only hope is that the families learn to get the peace they deserve.

My bet is on LWOP and they'll stay in jail for life. The brutal nature of the crime, the large number of victims and the extensive news media coverage will make it very difficult, if not impossible for them to be released early. They're like Ohio's own Manson Family.

Yes, good point.
I saw something else that could be interesting in the journal entry for EJW last hearing in Dec. 2019.
Something about defense is waiting for discoverable evidence, documents, information from prosecutor regarding the last search of Flying W and also the PLEA DEAL of Rita.
My suspicion, prosecutor does not want to readily give up that info.
I did not see this language/request in the entries of any of the other defendants.

I haven't looked to see if it's in any of the others but this post caused me to think of something I sometimes loose sight of.
I think each attorney for the W'S may have some focus on all 4 W's, but when it comes down to the defense case they will need to present, it's focus will be on how their specific W Client could have been less involved compared to the others.
If one W is saying it was (_)W that had (_) or disposed of (_) to demonstrate their lesser role, then that discovery will work against the other W and his/her defense.
So I can see how all attorney's would be very interested in anything Rita disclosed and Jakes or others would be interested in the affidavit of what was disclosed, and by whom to suggest something in a body of water on the FWF or Bethel Rd property.

Based on what we heard around phone calls, it feels like Jake and Angela are most trying to work together.

The sequence of these trials is going to be very interesting. I could see reason why one might want a strategy to go first assuming all testimony from previous cases could create added discovery against the future W cases.
All opinion

Last edited:
My bet is on LWOP and they'll stay in jail for life. The brutal nature of the crime, the large number of victims and the extensive news media coverage will make it very difficult, if not impossible for them to be released early. They're like Ohio's own Manson Family.

Yes, I agree! And in these parts it may be best for their own protection as well. Justice sometimes comes in mysterious ways.

Yes, I agree! And in these parts it may be best for their own protection as well. Justice sometimes comes in mysterious ways.
A law was passed in Ohio so LWOP can be used and it is being used now in Ohio more than the death penalty is being used. No one should worry about a Wagner getting LWOP and then coming up for parole later on. Not going to happen. The governor would have to pardon them for them to get out.

If they get the DP and it is commuted, so what? They would then get LWOP.
The concept here is that if they are guilty the State will not allow them out, ever. Too dangerous, career suicide for anyone but defense attorneys trying to get them out.

Ohio Prosecutors Seeking Life Without Parole Instead of Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

LWOP is a sentencing alternative in all 29 states that practice the death penalty, in addition to the federal government and U.S. Military.

The change in Ohio law was inspired by a murder victim’s mother’s advocacy for stiffer non-death sentence options.

Ohio prosecutors are taking advantage of their new option of life without parole, seeking it much more often than the death penalty.

Prosecutors around Ohio, citing the ability to pursue harsh punishment without going through the complication and expense of a death penalty case are starting to take advantage of the 2005 law,” and the “number of death penalty indictments sought statewide dropped 32 percent from 2004 to 2007.” Clermont County Prosecutor Don White explained,

“Life without parole means it’s over. The only way they’ll get out is in a pine box or if the governor lets them out

Last edited:
A law was passed in Ohio so LWOP can be used and it is being used now in Ohio more than the death penalty is being used. No one should worry about a Wagner getting LWOP and then coming up for parole later on. Not going to happen. The governor would have to pardon them for them to get out.

If they get the DP and it is commuted, so what? They would then get LWOP.
The concept here is that if they are guilty the State will not allow them out, ever. Too dangerous, career suicide for anyone but defense attorneys trying to get them out.

Ohio Prosecutors Seeking Life Without Parole Instead of Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

LWOP is a sentencing alternative in all 29 states that practice the death penalty, in addition to the federal government and U.S. Military.

The change in Ohio law was inspired by a murder victim’s mother’s advocacy for stiffer non-death sentence options.

Ohio prosecutors are taking advantage of their new option of life without parole, seeking it much more often than the death penalty.

Prosecutors around Ohio, citing the ability to pursue harsh punishment without going through the complication and expense of a death penalty case are starting to take advantage of the 2005 law,” and the “number of death penalty indictments sought statewide dropped 32 percent from 2004 to 2007.” Clermont County Prosecutor Don White explained,

“Life without parole means it’s over. The only way they’ll get out is in a pine box or if the governor lets them out

BS, IMO. Not when you have money.

I had not seen this before, but maybe it had already been shared. Is this the same Bethel Hill address? Cross reference says that may have been Jakes number?? Interesting name for the event if so. I didn't realize they were into physical sports.

"You will experience climbing, crawling, running, sliding, wading, swinging, jumping and just plain surviving."

(From May 11, 2013)
Judgement Day Extreme Mud Run, 845 Bethel Hill Rd, Lucasville, OH (2020)

I had not seen this before, but maybe it had already been shared. Is this the same Bethel Hill address? Cross reference says that may have been Jakes number?? Interesting name for the event if so. I didn't realize they were into physical sports.

"You will experience climbing, crawling, running, sliding, wading, swinging, jumping and just plain surviving."

(From May 11, 2013)
Judgement Day Extreme Mud Run, 845 Bethel Hill Rd, Lucasville, OH (2020)

Yes it is them. The Wagners. Again. All four. It has been shared many times.

Just a general trial question.

How do they present "sealed evidence" at trial? Do they clear the courtroom?
I'm guessing the press is not allowed to report on it.

Does anyone know if the attorney Clark is still representing the Wagners on their murder case?
Not that I can see.

At some point Clark knew known how badly he had been hoodwinked. Too bad because Clark risked his professional reputation by publicly defending the W4.

Sadly Clark joined the crowd of people that were taken in by the W4.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
I always thought this was SM who is listed with multiple cell phones in discovery.

IMO, yes. AW started on SM right after the murders in social media sites, trying her best to oust him as the killer. She did everything she could, even posting his address.

But, alas, months and years came and went, and no suspects. Then, boom! It's the W4! Just as I had believed all along, the moment they came up as laser focus.

Dewine has spoken. They have the killers in custody AND NO ONE ELSE IS KNOWN TO BE INVOLVED. Period. Unless someone can and is willing to PROVE otherwise, I think, according to WS rules, his initials need to cease being brought up here.

While it is posted above by CA that the Wagners "offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims," did they also admit that they were business associates with CRSR? And thus SM, too? Ha Ha. Oh what tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member