OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it is not reported on until it is unsealed by the Court, which could be at any trial date.
I thought it was very interesting the first motion's (I think 40) AW's attorney filed in December 2018 were motions to seal parts of the trial. I interpreted this as to protect her right of appeal.

Interpret that as you will, but her attorney's first thoughts were well down the road, assuming a guilty verdict..

JMO, MOO

I thought it was very interesting the first motion's (I think 40) AW's attorney filed in December 2018 were motions to seal parts of the trial. I interpreted this as to protect her right of appeal.

Interpret that as you will, but her attorney's first thoughts were well down the road, assuming a guilty verdict..

JMO, MOO

Puzzles, I don't remember any motions for sealed information. Can you please help with a link? Thanks.

Puzzles, I don't remember any motions for sealed information. Can you please help with a link? Thanks.
Right now no, but I will look tomorrow. Many of my links back to scribd documents now only show the first page and state you need to subscribe to see the whole document, so most of my old links are useless.

I do think though those motions might be documented by entries in her pike co court file" under "docket information"

https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2

Last edited:
Right now no, but I will look tomorrow. Many of my links back to scribd documents now only show the first page and state you need to subscribe to see the whole document, so most of my old links are useless.

I do think though those motions might be documented by entries in her pike co court file" under "docket information"

https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/home.page.2

Motions are different than Discovery. I don't remember any of AWs motions mentioning sealed information. Please post link. Thank you. You constantly ask me to post links, now it is your turn. Thanks.

I had not seen this before, but maybe it had already been shared. Is this the same Bethel Hill address? Cross reference says that may have been Jakes number?? Interesting name for the event if so. I didn't realize they were into physical sports.

"You will experience climbing, crawling, running, sliding, wading, swinging, jumping and just plain surviving."

(From May 11, 2013)
Judgement Day Extreme Mud Run, 845 Bethel Hill Rd, Lucasville, OH (2020)
Edward Wagner

Age 27
View All Details
Current & Past Addresses
45660 Peterson Rd
Peebles, OH 45660

260 Peterson Rd
Peebles, OH 45660-8963

845 Bethel Hill Rd
Lucasville, OH 45648-8320

PO Box 1394
Lucasville, OH 45648-1394

845 Betthel Rd
Lucasville, OH 45648

845 Bethel Hill Rd #845
Lucasville, OH 45648-8320

Phone Numbers
(937) 386-0258, (740) 493-3051

Would it be safe to say that Bobby joe Manley and her brother James will be called as wittiness on all 4 Wagners trials, is the reason that they haven’t been to any of the pre-trials? JMO
JM and BJM are both considered witnesses by the prosecution and I am sure they will be called to testify to what they saw at the crime scenes and the time they discovered the scenes etc...James was the first one to discover Dana and BJM discovered the other UHR homes plus she is a witness to the condition the children were in. Many photos were taken of Rudger at the hospital (see discovery) and B's mom had to take him to be interviewed.

I don't know why they are not in the court gallery, I have never seen them unless I missed it.
I've heard of witnesses not being allowed to attend certain parts of an actual trial but these hearings are not a trial and are even on video and put out in the media.

Brother of Pike Co. massacre victim posts bail

"..Authorities consider James Manley a witness in the murders, and for some reason investigators wanted to keep track of him....
The charges Manley faces are not uncommon when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation, according to Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine's office.."

Pike County: 'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell'

"..By 5 p.m., Brentley was tired and hungry. He left for home with his mom when she got a call from the BCI to take her son to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, where he was interviewed.."

Last edited:

guess they named their own fate back then "Judgement Day"... Featuring State Vs Wagners coming to you at a date TBD

on a serious note I had not seen it before so I will assume in the future random stuff I might come across has already been shared and I just missed the discussions.

Last edited:
A law was passed in Ohio so LWOP can be used and it is being used now in Ohio more than the death penalty is being used. No one should worry about a Wagner getting LWOP and then coming up for parole later on. Not going to happen. The governor would have to pardon them for them to get out.

If they get the DP and it is commuted, so what? They would then get LWOP.
The concept here is that if they are guilty the State will not allow them out, ever. Too dangerous, career suicide for anyone but defense attorneys trying to get them out.

Ohio Prosecutors Seeking Life Without Parole Instead of Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

LWOP is a sentencing alternative in all 29 states that practice the death penalty, in addition to the federal government and U.S. Military.

The change in Ohio law was inspired by a murder victim’s mother’s advocacy for stiffer non-death sentence options.

Ohio prosecutors are taking advantage of their new option of life without parole, seeking it much more often than the death penalty.

Prosecutors around Ohio, citing the ability to pursue harsh punishment without going through the complication and expense of a death penalty case are starting to take advantage of the 2005 law,” and the “number of death penalty indictments sought statewide dropped 32 percent from 2004 to 2007.” Clermont County Prosecutor Don White explained,

“Life without parole means it’s over. The only way they’ll get out is in a pine box or if the governor lets them out

I hope you are right but in my line of work we’ve had 3-4 lifers who have been “paroled” to an assisted living situation due to prison overcrowding (1 was in Lucasville) and he was old & ill. This has happened in our southeastern quadrant of the state but I can’t confirm if there were any others around the state. The kind prison administration assured us that he would not be a problem. Lol. He was very jumpy and easily irritated and the personnel were frightened easily but fortunately we had no major problems. He was only out a couple years before he died. Why I mentioned this is because we know NOTHING IS FOREVER and it is beyond our control. Society’s moral compass, politics & laws are always changing and there is nothing we can do about it. I always taught my kids “the rule for today is ___ but tomorrow is another day.”

Last edited:
guess they named their own fate back then "Judgement Day"... Featuring State Vs Wagners coming to you at a date TBD

on a serious note I had not seen it before so I will assume in the future random stuff I might come across has already been shared and I just missed the discussions.

Hey, no problem in repeating true I ffg information!

My bet is on LWOP and they'll stay in jail for life. The brutal nature of the crime, the large number of victims and the extensive news media coverage will make it very difficult, if not impossible for them to be released early. They're like Ohio's own Manson Family.

I agree. No matter if it's LWOP (the hidden death sentence) or the DP, they will never walk the streets of Ohio as free people again. Just think, LWOP doesn't have the option of 20 or 30 years of free appeals like the DP does. LWOP nets maybe one or two appeals as a freebies, then they have to hire and pay for attorneys to represent an appeal.

I can't imagine surviving years in prison, hell I would beg for a DP. None of the W4 are aged, so 25- 40 years of rotting away in a cell will be harsh on any of the 4. MOO.

When it all comes down to their sentences, the victims families voices will hopefully be LOUD. After all, they are the ultimate decision makers IMO. Justice for Rhoden's and H. Gilley.

Personally, I hope that you continue to post things that you find.

Apparently, I missed this being discussed on here as well.

Does anyone know the birth dates of all the defendants? TIA!

I have never heard of it before, I wonder why this type of activity is at their Bethel Hill Rd. address?
Must be a lot of Fred's land to go along with Fred's mobile home they were living in.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch @Cool Cats !
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

These are some interesting thoughts that I had not considered. The Missouri address appears to had been listed from 2014 - 2018 if realtor etc. are accurate.

It could be possible that they applied for the Missouri property right before or after the murders and were not approved for the loan. Then when the heat was really starting to come on they chose Alaska to find a rental because they knew they had to leave fast.
The other option could be something got hot in Alaska so they applied for the Missouri property and when it fell through came back to OH.

Interesting Questions with many possibilities based on what little we know.

to add.. since I may not be able to prove it.. I will say JMO... it seems she posted her couch for sale online right after the murders stating "it wouldn't fit in her new place".

176 Highway P, Long Lane, MO 65590 - realtor.com®

Property History for 176 Highway P
This property was not sold in the last 6 years.

Apr 10, 2017
Price Changed to $199,000

Jun 17, 2014
Listed for $219,000

• 10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m0xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg

10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m11xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg

10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m26xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg
Missouri (Discovery)

176 Highway P Property
BCI Photos (36)
Listing Written Description (8 pp)
Photos From Listing (60)
Fairway Lending Subpoena (1 p)
Fairway Lending -- Residential Loan Application (202 pp)
Movement Mortgage
Mortage Documents

I agree with you, I bet they couldn't get those 2 mortgage lenders (see above) to OK them so on to Alaska or back to Ohio... 2 Cents .....

If this is the correct property? This is my best guess.

Last edited:
176 Highway P, Long Lane, MO 65590 - realtor.com®

Property History for 176 Highway P
This property was not sold in the last 6 years.

Apr 10, 2017
Price Changed to $199,000

Jun 17, 2014
Listed for $219,000

• 10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m0xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg

10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m11xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg

10d15c5eae98151b7454bc9a86ab266bl-m26xd-r3_w100_h100_q80.jpg
Missouri (Discovery)

176 Highway P Property
BCI Photos (36)
Listing Written Description (8 pp)
Photos From Listing (60)
Fairway Lending Subpoena (1 p)
Fairway Lending -- Residential Loan Application (202 pp)
Movement Mortgage
Mortage Documents

I agree with you, I bet they couldn't get those 2 mortgage lenders (see above) to OK them so on to Alaska or back to Ohio... 2 Cents .....

If this is the correct property? This is my best guess.
I wonder if that is why JW married EW so the family could get the loans in her name, remember BCI said the Wagners tried to get her social security card, JMO

I wonder if that is why JW married EW so the family could get the loans in her name, remember BCI said the Wagners tried to get her social security card, JMO
I don't remember about the social security card but sounds familiar. Do you know when or where they said this...Humm....Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine