OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Picture of Innocence? : A defendant who uses clothes and other tricks to appear harmless may sway the jury, experts say. Michael Milken would have looked "more humble" without his toupee, for example, ad adark suit and long, loose hair were all wrong for Amy Fisher.

“Jail clothes can cut two ways,” says Kamins, who has been a criminal-court judge for eight years. “It can hurt the defendant, because the jury figures if he has jail clothes on, he must have done something wrong. Or it can give sympathy to the defendant, and the jury has a natural inclination to feel some pity.”

Kamins keeps an ample supply of his own clothes in the courtroom closet for those who are coming from jail and don’t have something to wear.

ANGELA WAGNER HAS BEEN WEARING JAIL CLOTHES TO COURT FOR 15 MONTHS DESPITE JUDGE RULING IN FAVOR OF STREET CLOTHES..humm..

web1_a-wagner-July-3.jpg

If she thinks her jail garb is resulting in sympathy for her, she'd better think again. She wears those jail stripes honorably, lol, shows her stupidity, and her attorneys' lack of good sense. All my opinion of course.

The Picture of Innocence? : A defendant who uses clothes and other tricks to appear harmless may sway the jury, experts say. Michael Milken would have looked "more humble" without his toupee, for example, ad adark suit and long, loose hair were all wrong for Amy Fisher.

“Jail clothes can cut two ways,” says Kamins, who has been a criminal-court judge for eight years. “It can hurt the defendant, because the jury figures if he has jail clothes on, he must have done something wrong. Or it can give sympathy to the defendant, and the jury has a natural inclination to feel some pity.”

Kamins keeps an ample supply of his own clothes in the courtroom closet for those who are coming from jail and don’t have something to wear.

ANGELA WAGNER HAS BEEN WEARING JAIL CLOTHES TO COURT FOR 15 MONTHS DESPITE JUDGE RULING IN FAVOR OF STREET CLOTHES..humm..

web1_a-wagner-July-3.jpg

If she thinks her jail garb is resulting in sympathy for her, she'd better think again. She wears those jail stripes honorably, lol, shows her stupidity, and her attorneys' lack of good sense. All my opinion of course.
Thankx! I was trying to find an article for her hearing today. Forgot about
WKRC-TV
Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you have a link to the live hearing? I just like seeing her squirm.

Jmo I don’t know why she wears jail clothes, maybe fear of shock vest. And I try not to judge on a person’s looks. Because attorney’s can clean up the most monstrous people, But why the greasy looking hair. I find that odd. I don’t take her as a normally unkept person.

Last edited:
Jmo I don’t know why she wears jail clothes, maybe fear of shock vest. And I try not to judge on a person’s looks. Because attorney’s can clean the most monstrous people, But why the greasy looking hair. I find that odd. I don’t take her as a normally unkept person.
She is wearing a shock vest under her jail top. Notice no visible restraints. Note under shirt, you can tell. I think she could be depressed so why bother with clothes and hair? Her hair did not look like that earlier on.

by WKRC

Tuesday, February 25th 2020
f3d0ec0b-6f29-44ab-a100-81799e13645c-large16x9_gmcangelawagner.PNG

email.svg

Last edited:
I think this is okay, referring to AW's attorney Bob Krapenc. He lost a death penalty case in Sept. 2019. Franklin County Jury Hands Down First Death Sentence Since 2003
This guy confessed, what Krapenc lost was to get him LWOP instead of the DP.

Krapenc said:

"The jury in the case struggled with the young age of the victim.
It’s hard for a jury to look past that and look at mitigating evidence," he says.
............ "

Krapenc argued there were mitigating factors having to do with Garrett's upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.

"Things along those lines that we thought were important and might serve to outweigh the aggravating circumstances of this event," he says.
______ ______ ________ _________ __________ ________ _______

So we know if Angela is convicted Krapenc will try to argue mitigating factors but it's my opinion if she is found guilty of planning 8 murders, 16 year old, 2 mothers in bed nursing, etc....there will not be enough mitigating factors to outweigh the aggravating ones -- to outweigh 8 aggravated murders. No way.

I imagine jurors thinking, if Angela is found guilty, that if this case doesn't deserve the DP then no case does.

He argued upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.
7th grade education for Billy won't work as a mitigating factor, only as a defense issue as in "he couldn't mastermind 8 murders with only a 7th grade education."

Last edited:
Thanks IType - much appreciated. I guess I calculated my hours wrong & thought it had already happened. Must go to sleep now - so I guess I'll find out tomorrow what did happen. Hopefully someone here will post it! :)

LOL my Latvian friend, got your days and nights mixed up again? Take care, and nice to tease you again. Is the gang still on Sidebar? I'll mosey over soon I hope. :):D

This guy confessed, what Krapenc lost was to get him LWOP instead of the DP.

Krapenc said:

"The jury in the case struggled with the young age of the victim.
It’s hard for a jury to look past that and look at mitigating evidence," he says.
............ "

Krapenc argued there were mitigating factors having to do with Garrett's upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.

"Things along those lines that we thought were important and might serve to outweigh the aggravating circumstances of this event," he says.
______ ______ ________ _________ __________ ________ _______

So we know if Angela is convicted Krapenc will try to argue mitigating factors but it's my opinion if she is found guilty of planning 8 murders, 16 year old, 2 mothers in bed nursing, etc....there will not be enough mitigating factors to outweigh the aggravating ones -- to outweigh 8 aggravated murders. No way.

I imagine jurors thinking, if Angela is found guilty, that if this case doesn't deserve the DP then no case does.

He argued upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.
7th grade education for Billy won't work as a mitigating factor, only as a defense issue as in "he couldn't mastermind 8 murders with only a 7th grade education."

IMO, AW's attorneys seem the most worried with their case. I can only imagine having her for a client. :eek::eek:

IMO, AW's attorneys seem the most worried with their case. I can only imagine having her for a client. :eek::eek:
Yes. They said in court they told her not to talk to the other family member defendants and they had no arguments on her behalf when the motion to revoke privileges came up.

And then her mom says she is done lying and it comes out that Angie told Rita it wouldn't look good if Angie was found to have forged the custody documents.

My take is that Angie wanted Rita to lie and act like it was Rita's signature when really I believe Angie forged her own mother' s signature. Now her mom will be a witness at her trial.

Point is, yes it would be a pain to have to deal with Angie as a client. Imagine how tough it will be for Angie's attorneys if they have to cross examine Angie's own mother on the stand, who might say her own daughter asked her to lie :confused: and might say her own daughter told her she forged her signature since she is or was a nortary...:eek:...whew..!!

Daughter Dearest...Not Mommy Dearest in this senario....

Yes. They said in court they told her not to talk to the other family member defendants and they had no arguments on her behalf when the motion to revoke privileges came up.

And then her mom says she is done lying and it comes out that Angie told Rita it wouldn't look good if Angie was found to have forged the custody documents.

My take is that Angie wanted Rita to lie and act like it was Rita's signature when really I believe Angie forged her own mother' s signature. Now her mom will be a witness at her trial.

Point is, yes it would be a pain to have to deal with Angie as a client. Imagine how tough it will be for Angie's attorneys if they have to cross examine Angie's own mother on the stand, who might say her own daughter asked her to lie :confused: and might say her own daughter told her she forged her signature since she is or was a nortary...:eek:...whew..!!

I will say that Angie did forge her momma's signature on way more than just custody documents. It has to be hard on Rita to out her daughter but it was the right thing to do IMO. I would lay down my life for my kids but I suppose that is most momma's way of thinking.. I pray I will never have to make that decision though. I love my rugrats to the moon and back but there would have to be a cutoff point. IMO Angie has never learned what NO means.

Take care, I have an early and long day ahead of me and I need sleep. LOL

Caylee Advocate said:
LOL my Latvian friend, got your days and nights mixed up again? Take care, and nice to tease you again. Is the gang still on Sidebar? I'll mosey over soon I hope. :) :D

Hey!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Yes, some of the gang are still there. Missing YESorNO though. She's taking "time off"... :(

So - nothing on Angela's court hearing? At least I didn't see anything. I just looked at the court site and there is nothing updated.

That is really bad if the State is paying the bill meaning (Taxpayers)

I agree!! MOO, part of the reason it's under seal is so the taxpayers don't see the bill from this investigator. In my opinion, there would be outrage, more than there already is. It seems like the judge, again, moo, is giving them every opportunity to beat the charges. His rulings thus far have seemed biased in favor of the defense. I hope this isn't a preview of the tenor of the trials.

Do you have a link to the live hearing? I just like seeing her squirm.

This is a good but very brief news clip. Shows her in court, at the end her attorney says to her:

"...Letters from your family...?"

He also says:

"We'll see you on Thursday."

She says:

"Ok see you then."
She smiles walking into and out of court in her striped jail uniform.

This is all I can find showing her in court yesterday.

GW4 is the one who looks the most worried and nervous in court. Jake smiles and Billy seems spaced out. Opinion.

Wagner mother appears in court for another pre-trial hearing

Last edited:
This is a good but very brief news clip. Shows her in court, at the end her attorney says to her:

"...Letters from your family...?"

He also says:

"We'll see you on Thursday."

She says:

"Ok see you then."
She smiles walking into and out of court in her striped jail uniform.

This is all I can find showing her in court yesterday.

GW4 is the one who looks the most worried and nervous in court. Jake smiles and Billy seems spaced out. Opinion.

Wagner mother appears in court for another pre-trial hearing

I have wondered if AW and JW are liking the attention they get in court. They are either happy to be there for the attention or because there is better than jail. JMOO...

I have wondered if AW and JW are liking the attention they get in court. They are either happy to be there for the attention or because there is better than jail. JMOO...

Well Angela only smiles at or in response to her attorney's attention. And most of the time when Jake smiles it's at the judge.

I have no clue why..????.... but it seems to be a regular thing...Humm...:rolleyes:

web1_a-wagner-2.jpg

Angela Wagner smiles, again, with her attorney.

Jake Wagner smiles, again, at the judge.

George Wagner IV always serious (angry?) in court.

Pike County murder suspect Jake Wagner requests not to be shackled in court

Forty-nine defense motions lead to continuance in Wagner pretrial - Portsmouth Daily Times

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member