OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that Angie did forge her momma's signature on way more than just custody documents. It has to be hard on Rita to out her daughter but it was the right thing to do IMO. I would lay down my life for my kids but I suppose that is most momma's way of thinking.. I pray I will never have to make that decision though. I love my rugrats to the moon and back but there would have to be a cutoff point. IMO Angie has never learned what NO means.

Take care, I have an early and long day ahead of me and I need sleep. LOL

If AW cared about her mom she wouldn't have put her in the position to have to lie for her. Then again she murdered 8 people because her son the pedo was losing control of HR.

Well Angela only smiles at or in response to her attorney's attention. And most of the time when Jake smiles it's at the judge.

I have no clue why..????.... but it seems to be a regular thing...Humm...:rolleyes:

web1_a-wagner-2.jpg

Angela Wagner smiles, again, with her attorney.

Jake Wagner smiles, again, at the judge.

George Wagner IV always serious (angry?) in court.

Pike County murder suspect Jake Wagner requests not to be shackled in court

Forty-nine defense motions lead to continuance in Wagner pretrial - Portsmouth Daily Times

They smile at the person who they believe needs to be manipulated or charmed.

CC
Do you think that Angela has been slaking on her hygiene, that hair has been very greasy just like last pretrial, but I think FW is giving her plenty commissar money to keep her quiet, AW is still calling all the shots, I would love to see her visitors list, JMO

EH7OAO4FEJBFBCKZYD4I3QSJIY.JPG

Yes. Big difference between her arraignment and then later as you can clearly see here:

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.zO_Yv2rVcKNvxbfqhgKz_wHaFj&pid=Api&dpr=1.5

My opinion? Depression. FW helping her with commissary, yah, to keep her quiet? Yah. But they all want an aquittal and looks like they will all go to trial. All or nothing. Odds, not good.

Last edited:
Still no next court date on GW4....

02/06/2020 JOURNAL ENTRY - GW4

Counsel for each of the parties confirmed to the Court that counsel for the State of Ohio intends to inform counsel for the Defendant concerning certain parts of the recordings of conversations delivered as part of the discovery that the Defendant's attorneys may wish to focus upon.

Counsel for each party further confirmed to the Court that they have made arrangements to have a meeting between counsel, outside the presence of the Court, at the offices of BCI in order for counsel for each party to thoroughly review the items of discovery provided by the State of Ohio.

Pike County murders: George Wagner IV ‘most vocal’ about DeWine revenge, prosecutors say

George Wagner IV was the most vocal proponent of the Wagners exacting revenge on Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine if any of them were arrested in the 2016 murder case prosecutors said. In addition to revenge against Ohio Gov.-elect Mike DeWine, the incumbent attorney general, the Wagner family reportedly discussed ways to exact revenge against Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader and an attorney general’s special agent, and anyone who goes against them.

Wagner IV’s attorney sought bond, noting a history without criminal convictions or traffic offenses. But the state’s special prosecutor successfully objected, citing a confidential reliable source who disclosed to investigators that Wagner IV and his family discussed revenge multiple times, as well as discussing how an incarcerated family member could be helped, by one of them, to escape from jail.

Prosecutors revealed at least one of the revenge conversations occurred at Fredericka Wagner's farm.
Someone wore a wire and recorded them or they were wire tapped. My guess is wire tapped because there are multiple conversations....Wow....!

Basic Wiretapping Techniques
wiretapping-techniques.jpg

Last edited:

Counsel for each of the parties confirmed to the Court that counsel for the State of Ohio intends to inform counsel for the Defendant concerning certain parts of the recordings of conversations delivered as part of the discovery that the Defendant's attorneys may wish to focus upon.

Counsel for each party further confirmed to the Court that they have made arrangements to have a meeting between counsel, outside the presence of the Court, at the offices of BCI in order for counsel for each party to thoroughly review the items of discovery provided by the State of Ohio.

Pike County murders: George Wagner IV ‘most vocal’ about DeWine revenge, prosecutors say

George Wagner IV was the most vocal proponent of the Wagners exacting revenge on Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine if any of them were arrested in the 2016 murder case prosecutors said. In addition to revenge against Ohio Gov.-elect Mike DeWine, the incumbent attorney general, the Wagner family reportedly discussed ways to exact revenge against Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader and an attorney general’s special agent, and anyone who goes against them.

Wagner IV’s attorney sought bond, noting a history without criminal convictions or traffic offenses. But the state’s special prosecutor successfully objected, citing a confidential reliable source who disclosed to investigators that Wagner IV and his family discussed revenge multiple times, as well as discussing how an incarcerated family member could be helped, by one of them, to escape from jail.

Prosecutors revealed at least one of the revenge conversations occurred at Fredericka Wagner's farm.
Someone wore a wire and recorded them or they were wire tapped. My guess is wire tapped because there are multiple conversations....Wow....!

I love it! Glad to see you still holding out here, CC!

Last edited:
I love it! Glad to see you still holding out here, CC!

Good article and about the only scene from the courtroom showing AW's greasy hair that I can find. Did any posters watch the hearing live and if so can you please post a link? @Betty P and @Cool Cats ?

She looks awful. J M O Surely someone can pay for her a haircut!

Wagner mother appears in court for another pre-trial hearing

This link you posted is the closest to her hearing I can find.

Yes I'm still holding out here....analyzing the court docket and motions!

The arguments for this motion will keep me up at night. I expect witnesses to be called to attest to this during his trial. I think Canepa will get this evidence admitted!

Motions heard on Wagner’s past behavior, grisly photos
Motions heard in murder case - Times Gazette

10/08/2019 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION #23 TO EXCLUDE ANY EVIDENCE RELATING TO OTHER CRIMES, WRONGS, OR ACTS (MOTION 23)

As one example of the motions argued Tuesday (10-8-19) defense attorney Gregory Meyers asked the court not to allow the prosecution to mention his client’s alleged previous behavior during his murder trial.

“There is some evidence Mr. Wagner was violent with one of the victims prior to the murders,” said state Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa.

The Court finds the State of Ohio opposes, at least in part, Defendant's Motions Number ........23.........the State of Ohio indicated such motions are premature and the orders and rulings requested would be premature.

CC
I really hope that FW is on here tonight reading what you just posted, RW will have to call the hart Dr, JMO

CC
Do you know if the jail lets people like the Wagners work a job while their locked up or is it to much for a chance to escape, JMO

CC
Do you know if the jail lets people like the Wagners work a job while their locked up or is it to much for a chance to escape, JMO
  • Life In Jail / What It's Like
    Daily Life:
  • DELAWARE COUNTY JAIL OHIO

Everyone knows that spending time in Delaware County Jail is no fun, you will soon get used to the routine that is set for you. You should expect an alarm for wake-up at 6am, and next you’ll have roll call. Next, you will eat breakfast. When you finish breakfast you will have to work in the work program or other activity that you are assigned.

• This could be working in the kitchen, laundry, or some sort of manufacturing job. While this may seem tedious, it may help you when you leave jail, as you are gaining experience in a certain field of work. Other inmates go to school, while some take part in mandated treatment programs. After lunch, there will be another roll call, then back to work.

• Your evening will be spent either in your cell or a common room. During this time dinner is served and you will be expected to take a shower. After another roll call, it’s lights out. Even though you will be confined to your cell, there may be enough light to read or write letters. Then again, most inmates welcome lights out, and try to get as much sleep as they can.

Most people are frightened at the idea of jail because they don’t know what to expect. If you have spent any time in Delaware County Jail, your experiences would be welcomed, if it can help another person to deal with it.

Dress Code

When incarcerated, all inmates are expected to wear the Delaware County Jail uniform. This is normally a jumpsuit or scrubs. Of note to anyone visiting an inmate – you must be properly dressed. Any clothing considered inappropriate will not be permitted.

How To Send Money to an Inmate

• You will have your own ‘bank account’ while in jail. This money is used to purchase items from the Commissary. Family and friends can deposit money into this account for you, and any money you earn while in prison will also be deposited into your account. Outside money can be paid in to your account via a money order, cash or check. If someone sends a check or money order, make sure that they write your inmate ID on it. The maximum amount you are allowed in your account is $290 per month.

The rules for sending funds to inmates might change, so it would be best to double check the the Delaware County Jail website before you send funds to an inmate there.

Commissary

The commissary is the jail store. You can purchase a number of things here, such as toiletries, snacks and writing supplies. Bear in mind that you will probably want to use the commissary daily, and any infractions will get that privilege taken away from you.

Inmate Medications

If you are on any type of prescription medication, you will be allowed to continue taking it while in jail. When you are first processed, you will be asked what medication you take. You will then be referred to the jail nurse or doctor who will be in charge of monitoring your health and prescribing your medication.

Meals

You will get three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. As expected, they are very basic, but healthy. A typical breakfast might be cereal, toast, coffee and fruit. Lunch might be spaghetti, salad, bread and milk. Dinner could be chicken casserole, rice, vegetables, dessert and milk. Contrary to popular belief, prison food has greatly improved over the years, and you might find that it’s not much different from what you would eat at home.

Pods / The Yard

The jail is designed in a ‘pod’ layout, with self-contained housing arranged around an outdoor yard. Each pod has a central control station and a common room, and the inmates take turns in using the yard. The jail is designed this way to keep certain inmates together, and others away from the general population.

Last edited:
What a whacko asking a whacko question. I owe you no explanations for anything. Now I will ask once again for you to stop with your BS.

Seems I popped in in the middle of something. Anyway, to anyone who thinks the Ws are innocent (I have no idea who does and doesn't), for purposes of discussion, would you be willing to share your any altethoughts and any alternative suspects and theories? TIA

What a whacko asking a whacko question. I owe you no explanations for anything. Now I will ask once again for you to stop with your BS.

Seems I popped in in the middle of something. Anyway, to anyone who thinks the Ws are innocent (I have no idea who does and doesn't), for purposes of discussion, would you be willing to share your any altethoughts and any alternative suspects and theories? TIA
This guy confessed, what Krapenc lost was to get him LWOP instead of the DP.

Krapenc said:

"The jury in the case struggled with the young age of the victim.
It’s hard for a jury to look past that and look at mitigating evidence," he says.
............ "

Krapenc argued there were mitigating factors having to do with Garrett's upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.

"Things along those lines that we thought were important and might serve to outweigh the aggravating circumstances of this event," he says.
______ ______ ________ _________ __________ ________ _______

So we know if Angela is convicted Krapenc will try to argue mitigating factors but it's my opinion if she is found guilty of planning 8 murders, 16 year old, 2 mothers in bed nursing, etc....there will not be enough mitigating factors to outweigh the aggravating ones -- to outweigh 8 aggravated murders. No way.

I imagine jurors thinking, if Angela is found guilty, that if this case doesn't deserve the DP then no case does.

He argued upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.
7th grade education for Billy won't work as a mitigating factor, only as a defense issue as in "he couldn't mastermind 8 murders with only a 7th grade education."

What mitigating factors exist for the Ws? TIA Can prior bad acts be brought up at sentencing? Again, TIA.

This guy confessed, what Krapenc lost was to get him LWOP instead of the DP.

Krapenc said:

"The jury in the case struggled with the young age of the victim.
It’s hard for a jury to look past that and look at mitigating evidence," he says.
............ "

Krapenc argued there were mitigating factors having to do with Garrett's upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.

"Things along those lines that we thought were important and might serve to outweigh the aggravating circumstances of this event," he says.
______ ______ ________ _________ __________ ________ _______

So we know if Angela is convicted Krapenc will try to argue mitigating factors but it's my opinion if she is found guilty of planning 8 murders, 16 year old, 2 mothers in bed nursing, etc....there will not be enough mitigating factors to outweigh the aggravating ones -- to outweigh 8 aggravated murders. No way.

I imagine jurors thinking, if Angela is found guilty, that if this case doesn't deserve the DP then no case does.

He argued upbringing, lack of prior record and mental health issues.
7th grade education for Billy won't work as a mitigating factor, only as a defense issue as in "he couldn't mastermind 8 murders with only a 7th grade education."

What mitigating factors exist for the Ws? TIA Can prior bad acts be brought up at sentencing? Again, TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder