OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

More and more events use biodegradable balloons. I agree if they are not biodegradable then it is a shame to put it out in the environment.

The point I was making, as I tend to do with appropriate photos, is to show the real feeling associated towards the 8 who died needlessly and toward the families of the Manleys, Gilleys and Rhodens. To show people care and want justice.

<modsnip: removed reference to quoted post> I post photos honoring the victims and their families.

6711838-6432421-image-m-77_1543347326008.jpg

Leonard Manley, father of Dana Rhoden Manley, wears a 'Justice for Gilley and the Rhodens' t-shirt in court Tuesday.

6711832-6432421-image-m-79_1543347341649.jpg

Another relative Geneva Rhoden is comforted by a loved one.

First suspect pleads not guilty in Ohio family slayings | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
More and more events use biodegradable balloons. I agree if they are not biodegradable then it is a shame to put it out in the environment.

The point I was making, as I tend to do with appropriate photos, is to show the real feeling associated towards the 8 who died needlessly and toward the families of the Manleys, Gilleys and Rhodens. To show people care and want justice.

To say "trash is fitting for the victim's memories and wanting trash to fall on their properties"

is just one more reason why I post photos honoring the victims and their families.

6711838-6432421-image-m-77_1543347326008.jpg

Leonard Manley, father of Dana Rhoden Manley, wears a 'Justice for Gilley and the Rhodens' t-shirt in court Tuesday.

6711832-6432421-image-m-79_1543347341649.jpg

Another relative Geneva Rhoden is comforted by a loved one.

First suspect pleads not guilty in Ohio family slayings | Daily Mail Online

You go, CC!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>We, on this sight, do not believe in victim bashing, no one deserves to be executed in front of their children regardless of who they are or what their last name is. Justice for the Rhoden and Gilley families, my opinion only

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

There is some Justice, some "payback" going on....not fully yet of course but at least something....

We know Jake is getting harassed or pressured about his case according to his attorney in court:

"Wagner’s attorney raised concerns about “jailhouse snitches," saying inmates at the Franklin County Jail where Wagner is being held are trying to get information out of him about the case.
Wagner’s attorney says the so-called “snitches” want the information so they can trade it for “liberty in their own case.”

Interesting, no court, jail and LE employees can talk to Jake about the Case but his lawyer said the inmates can try to get him to talk, which is what is happening. I assume quite a few inmates put pressure on him day in and day out because there is not a lot to do in there, so he is not having a good time.

GW4 hates sharing a cell and wants to stay in segregation. Plus his jail is a mess of leaks, failed construction, areas that can't be used and overcrowding.

Angela can't call or write anyone other than her attorneys and now she knows her mom won't lie for her anymore. For some reason she hasn't cared enough to wear her regular clothes.

Then we have GW3 who is complaining that he doesn't see his attorneys in person enough which makes it so he can't get a good look at the evidence against him.

Yet now, with all jail visits indefinitely suspended, he may be stuck with just video conferencing with his attorneys and continuing to look at the evidence on video.

None of them can talk to each other and other people have custody of the children.
They went from total manic obsessive control over others, to being under total control by the Justice system they hate and had planned to take revenge on.

You said you hope the Justice system will "bring payback" to the Wagners but rest assured the Justice system is bringing them at least some payback right now.

...2 Cents....

These are very good photos because they also show and let you know who some of the family members in the gallery are.

77 PHOTOS
Wagner Arraignments

Wow! This is good news for the Rhodens, Gilleys and Manleys.

a letter - letterOhioJudges.pdf

Oh, Maureen. She writes like a high school student. Remember the time when she was Lieutenant Gov. under Bob Taft? She got pulled over for speeding by the OHP. She ended backing into/ramming the patrolman's car.

Court officers, attorneys, etc. probably will apply some pressure.

Oh, Maureen. She writes like a high school student. Remember the time when she was Lieutenant Gov. under Bob Taft? She got pulled over for speeding by the OHP. She ended backing into/ramming the patrolman's car.

Court officers, attorneys, etc. probably will apply some pressure.

Now she is:

Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor
of the Ohio Supreme Court.

Image: supremecourt.ohio.gov

Well maybe now she has a driver...:eek:

Hummmm....

Still no court date for George 4. Been 2 months this week since something was scheduled. I guess it's because there are things going on behind the scenes we don't know about, things his attorneys are figuring out. I thought by now we would see something. Well, maybe later this week.

Last court date:

01/21/2020 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL

Hummmm....

Still no court date for George 4. Been 2 months this week since something was scheduled. I guess it's because there are things going on behind the scenes we don't know about, things his attorneys are figuring out. I thought by now we would see something. Well, maybe later this week.

Last court date:

01/21/2020 02:00 PM PRE-TRIAL

;);):D

There is some Justice, some "payback" going on....not fully yet of course but at least something....

We know Jake is getting harassed or pressured about his case according to his attorney in court:

"Wagner’s attorney raised concerns about “jailhouse snitches," saying inmates at the Franklin County Jail where Wagner is being held are trying to get information out of him about the case.
Wagner’s attorney says the so-called “snitches” want the information so they can trade it for “liberty in their own case.”

Interesting, no court, jail and LE employees can talk to Jake about the Case but his lawyer said the inmates can try to get him to talk, which is what is happening. I assume quite a few inmates put pressure on him day in and day out because there is not a lot to do in there, so he is not having a good time.

GW4 hates sharing a cell and wants to stay in segregation. Plus his jail is a mess of leaks, failed construction, areas that can't be used and overcrowding.

Angela can't call or write anyone other than her attorneys and now she knows her mom won't lie for her anymore. For some reason she hasn't cared enough to wear her regular clothes.

Then we have GW3 who is complaining that he doesn't see his attorneys in person enough which makes it so he can't get a good look at the evidence against him.

Yet now, with all jail visits indefinitely suspended, he may be stuck with just video conferencing with his attorneys and continuing to look at the evidence on video.

None of them can talk to each other and other people have custody of the children.
They went from total manic obsessive control over others, to being under total control by the Justice system they hate and had planned to take revenge on.

You said you hope the Justice system will "bring payback" to the Wagners but rest assured the Justice system is bringing them at least some payback right now.

...2 Cents....

Agree except for GW4's conditions, things are better at RCSO now.

Agree except for GW4's conditions, things are better at RCSO now.
Well this is good news for him because even Judge Deering, or the Prosecution or both,
said it was under construction and crowded up there at the Ross jail.

Good if they finally found a contractor who doesn't quit in the middle of roof repairs leaving inmates without a rec room, unless the inmates don't mind copious amounts of mold..:confused:..Hopefully that is fixed as well.

Is Rita Newcomb trial over? Nothing has been said about sentence phase or has she cut a deal by telling the truth?
What is everyone thought about this? JMO

Rita had 5 charges. What they did was take the 4th charge:

Felony 5th Degree OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE

And changed it to a lesser charge. This happens often, where they take an offense down to a lesser charge.

So she pled guilty to the lesser charge of:
OBSTRUCTING OFFICIAL BUSINESS

Columbus and Delaware, Ohio Criminal Damaging Attorney-Lawyer

Obstructing official business is typically a 2nd degree misdemeanor under Ohio law. This charge carries a maximum 90 days in jail and a $750 fine.

However, if the violation creates a risk of physical harm to a person, obstructing official business can be charged as a 5th degree felony.

Rita is now a witness for the prosecution and will not be sentenced until she is done helping the prosecution. If she has to actually testify in all 4 trials it won't be until she is done testifying in the last trial before she is sentenced. The prosecution will recommend a sentence according to how cooperative and forthcoming she has been. My guess - probation.

At Rita's plea hearing:

"Prosecutors said Monday that Newcomb acknowledged that her daughter, Angela Wagner, told her to lie and say she had forged custody papers even though she had not done so."

It came out in court that Angie asked Rita to lie because Angie thought it would go better for her, I assume (opinion) because Angie was trying to cover that she is really the one who did it.. I can't remember the exact words.
I actually think it is a relief for Rita to not
have Angela calling her.

Last edited:
Is Rita Newcomb trial over? Nothing has been said about sentence phase or has she cut a deal by telling the truth?
What is everyone thought about this? JMO

Rita's case won't be resolved until she has finished upholding her part of the plea agreement at the trials of the 4 Wagners. She remains free until then, but as Judge Deering pointed out at her last hearing, if she doesn't cooperate, she will go back to jail again. So, for now, there's nothing happening with her case.

I heard people are going to start being let free out of jail they better hope none of the W’s get out they will run imo

Ohio jail releases hundreds of inmates due to coronavirus concerns

Mar 16, 2020
jail-1.jpeg

Cuyahoga County Jail in Ohio. (Credit: WJW)

“You gotta remember, the goal of this is to protect the community and the safety of the inmates. If someone’s a serious violent person, well, we’re using our discretion to make sure the community’s safe also,” Administrative Judge Brendan Sheehan said last week.

The Wagners are the most serious violent people in the jails they are in. Pretty obvious.

Last edited:
CC how are you and your family?
BP how are you and your family?
Caylee how are you and your family?
Niner how are you and your family?
StrangeOne how are you and your family?
Raisinback how are you and your family?
IType how are you and your family?
Dudly how are you and your family?
This is a friendly check on Coronavirus and if any of the Websleuth poster has contracted it, also does anyone know how the Rhodens/Gilley and Manley family is doing thru this Pandemic?
Also SillyBilly hope you and Tricia and your family’s is kept safe during this Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member