GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. The murders of the Rhoden family still haunt small Ohio community. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports
source article

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65

Last edited by a moderator:
09/24/2021 MOTION #73--MOTION TO DISMISS AGGRAVATED MURDER COUNTS AND/OR DEATH SPECIFICATIONS FILED
Attorney: NASH, JR, RICHARD M AND Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

This is for GW4 ^^

on GW3
09/21/2021 JOURNAL ENTRY -- On this 5th day of April, 2021, this cause came on for a pre-trial hearing and a hearing on pretrial motions.
The Defendant, George Washington Wagner, III, was present in court and was represented by his attorneys, Mark C. Collins and Thomas F. Hayes, each of whom has been appointed by the Court to represent the Defendant. Also, present were Attorneys Kaitlyn C. Stephens and Emily Enstett, each of whom are part of the defense team, but neither of whom are attorneys appointed by the Court to represent the Defendant in the present action.
The Defendant appeared for the pre-trial hearing in civilian clothing and without restraints visible outside of his clothing.
The State of Ohio was represented at the pre-trial hearing by the Prosecuting Attorney, Rob Junk, and by Special Prosecuting Attorneys Angela R. Canepa and David A. Wilson.
Also present for the pre-trial hearing was Special Agent Ryan Scheiderer, of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation ("Ohio BCI&I").
The Court finds that on December 23, 2020, Defendant, by and through his counsel, filed the following motions:
Motion 42 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

Motion 43 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL DAUBERT HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS

Motion 44 - MOTION TO REVOKE ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT AS SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY

Motion 45 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF

Motion 46 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING THE PROSECUTION TO PROVIDE A TRANSCRIPT OF AUDIO RECORDINGS IT INTENDS TO INTRODUCE AT TRIAL

Motion 47 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER COMPELLING THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH ALL FORENSIC EXPERT REPORTS AND UNDERLYING DATA

The Court further finds that on February 22, 2021, the State of Ohio filed a NOTICE OF INTENT TO USE OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO 404(B).

The Court further finds that on February 25, 2021, the Defendant filed the following motion:

Motion 48 - DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL THE PROSECUTION TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF AUDIO RECORDINGS IT INTENDS TO INTRODUCE AT TRIAL.

It appears to the Court finds that MOTION 48, is similar to MOTION 46, filed with the Court on December 23, 2020.

The Court further finds that on March 10, 2021, the Defendant filed the following motion:

Motion 49 (as re-designated). DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE TO PRECLUDE OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE

The Court further finds that on April 5, 2021, the State of Ohio filed its responses to Defendant's motions numbers 42 through 45.
At the hearing on this 5th day of April, 2021, the Defendant, through his attorney, orally withdrew the Defendant's Motion 44. The Defendant's attorney further informed the Court with respect to Defendant's Motion 46 and Motion 48 that the State of Ohio has now furnished the Defendant with transcripts of audio recordings as requested in such motions.
After hearing arguments of counsel, the Court granted Defendant's Motion 42 and Defendant's Motion 43 and ordered that a Daubert hearing would be held concerning the admissibility of ballistics evidence and opinions and concerning the admissibility of shoeprint evidence and opinions. Counsel for the Defendant indicated to the Court that he would contact counsel for the co-defendants in order to see whether, if Daubert hearings are to be held in such other cases, the Daubert hearings in all cases could be scheduled on the same day in order to avoid the necessity of having to make the experts involved available on several different days.
Concerning Defendant's Motion 45, counsel for the Defendant indicated to the Court that he believes that argument and consideration of such motion would be premature as of the time of the hearing of April 5, 2021, and that the defense would like to reserve argument and consideration of Defendant's Motion 45 until the defendant's attorneys have familiarized themselves with all of the statements of non-testifying co-defendants. Counsel for the Defendant indicated that the Defendant will supplement Motion 45 by making objections to specific portions of the statements of non-testifying co-defendants, if defense counsel believes that portions thereof should be inadmissible at trial.
The Special Prosecuting Attorney clarified that the transcripts of statements provided by the State of Ohio to the Defendant do not constitute all oral statements of the Defendant and co-Defendants, but are transcripts of some of the intercepted communications, portions of which were difficult to hear and that the transcripts are provided in order to make such statements easier to decipher.
Concerning the Defendant's Motion 49, counsel for the Defendant and counsel for the State of Ohio made oral arguments regarding the issue of the timeliness of the State of Ohio's "Notice of Intent To Use Other Acts Evidence Pursuant to 404(B)" which was served and filed on February 22, 2021. Counsel for the Defendant indicated that the Defendant intends to file specific objections at a later time to any "other crimes, wrongs, or acts" alleged in the State of Ohio's notice that the Defendant believes to be inadmissible at trial.
Having considered the arguments of counsel, the Court finds that the State of Ohio's "Notice of Intent To Use Other Acts Evidence Pursuant to 404(B)" that was served and filed on February 22, 2021 constitutes reasonable notice as far as the timeliness of the notice is concerned. The Court therefore overrules and denies the Defendant's Motion 49 as it concerns the issue of timeliness of the notice. This ruling does not constitute a determination that evidence as to such alleged other acts are admissible in this case under Evid.R. 404(B), however, but only that such evidence is not rendered inadmissible based upon asserted untimeliness of the notice.
Upon the court's inquiry, the Defendant indicated to the Court that he is satisfied with the frequency with which he is seeing his attorneys; that at this time he is satisfied with the services being provided by his attorneys in representing him in this action so far, and that he has no complaints at this time concerning the process or the proceedings.
The Court inquired of the Defendant whether the Defendant had any questions or anything else that he wanted to say concerning the proceedings, and the Defendant indicated that he did not have any questions or anything else that he wanted to say.
There being no further matters before the Court, said Court was adjourned.
COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL AND DEFENDANT

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...DfTKBnguHMQjddoVLf8rFKk7XSPqGJKxQZHN2gIpGtAUA

Just remember that I had said JW probably stated in his proffer that G4 did not shoot/kill anyone.

So are all these objections implying that GW4's father set him up to make it look like he was involved in the murders, but he wasn't?

Not saying I agree, but the evidence showing GW4 was at the crime scenes and shooting victims would have to be planted by his own father. There's a shoeprint in the blood, the ballistics showing GW4's gun was used. How else would that evidence make its way to the crime scene if not by GW4?

AC, in questioning Agent Scheiderer, discussed GW4 wearing the Captain America mask that night.

Why would Billy Wagner go to the trouble to frame eldest son? If not Billy, is he saying Jake framed him?

ETA: Thanks, Niner, for posting the latest docket entry for GW4. It sounds like Judge Deering was busy taking care of GW4's motions.

So are all these objections implying that GW4's father set him up to make it look like he was involved in the murders, but he wasn't?

Not saying I agree, but the evidence showing GW4 was at the crime scenes and shooting victims would have to be planted by his own father. There's a shoeprint in the blood, the ballistics showing GW4's gun was used. How else would that evidence make its way to the crime scene if not by GW4?

AC, in questioning Agent Scheiderer, discussed GW4 wearing the Captain America mask that night.

Why would Billy Wagner go to the trouble to frame eldest son? If not Billy, is he saying Jake framed him?

Do not believe they are saying anyone framed him. I believe he was there. I am not so sure JW is truthful but I believe JW has said in his proffer that G4 did not kill anyone. Just because that gun is supposedly G4s gun would not mean he used it. The lawyer is not saying he was not there, he is saying he did not shoot or kill anyone.

AC never said G4 wore that mask that night. It was implied in the hearing because he bought it that he wore it but was never confirmed from my memory.

Two seperate things: G4 was not there and did not shoot or G4 was there and did not shoot. I believe the 2nd one is what JW has said. I am not sure how the 3 guns came into play, what went on with the guns at the homes or at one home. Maybe there was some type of issue or problem and G4 did not use a gun. Since the state took JW proffer as truthful then they must believe it.

Last edited:
Do not believe they are saying anyone framed him. I believe he was there. I am not so sure JW is truthful but I believe JW has said in his proffer that G4 did not kill anyone. Just because that gun is supposedly G4s gun would not mean he used it. The lawyer is not saying he was not there, he is saying he did not shoot or kill anyone.

AC never said G4 wore that mask that night. It was implied in the hearing because he bought it that he wore it but was never confirmed from my memory.

Two seperate things: G4 was not there and did not shoot or G4 was there and did not shoot. I believe the 2nd one is what JW has said. I am not sure how the 3 guns came into play, what went on with the guns at the homes or at one home. Maybe there was some type of issue or problem and G4 did not use a gun. Since the state took JW proffer as truthful then they must believe it.

Correct, AC didn't say G4 wore that mask that night, at least not explicitly. We'll find out eventually, but AC dropped some hints during that hearing.

I agree on your 2 separate scenarios.

If GW4 was not there and didn't shoot, it means someone had to have planted his shoeprint evidence at the crime scene and fired his gun to kill Gary Rhoden.

If GW4 was there and didn't shoot, it means someone had to have taken his gun and used it to shoot Gary Rhoden or brought along a duplicate of GW4's gun and used it.

So who would have done those things to incriminate GW4? Why? How?

Correct, AC didn't say G4 wore that mask that night, at least not explicitly. We'll find out eventually, but AC dropped some hints during that hearing.

If GW4 was not there and didn't shoot, it means someone had to have planted his shoeprint evidence at the crime scene and fired his gun to kill Gary Rhoden.

If GW4 was there and didn't shoot, it means someone had to have taken his gun and used it to shoot Gary Rhoden or brought along a duplicate of GW4's gun and used it.

He may have been there but when bullets started flying, he froze. His dad may have emptied his gun and grabbed GWIV’s gun to use.

He may have been there but when bullets started flying, he froze. His dad may have emptied his gun and grabbed GWIV’s gun to use.

That's the only scenario that might help him and it won't help him much. Not when he was so deeply involved in planning and carrying out the murders, not to mention helping cover them up. GW4 wanted his family to murder the 8 victims in the Rhoden family and Hannah Gilley. If he didn't, he would have stopped it. He also went to great lengths to help plan retribution against any LE, prosecutors and even the governor. He's a very dangerous man who should never get out of jail.

If GW4's attorneys are so sure he didn't shoot any victim that night, they should sit down with the prosecution and make a plea agreement to spare his life instead of grandstanding in pretrial hearings year after year as each of his accomplices admits their guilt and turns over more evidence. The state now has more than enough evidence to convict the Wagners. His attorneys should do what's best for the victims and the community and make a deal to keep this sick, violent person off the streets.

All JMO

That's the only scenario that might help him and it won't help him much. Not when he was so deeply involved in planning and carrying out the murders, not to mention helping cover them up. GW4 wanted his family to murder the 8 victims in the Rhoden family and Hannah Gilley. If he didn't, he would have stopped it. He also went to great lengths to help plan retribution against any LE, prosecutors and even the governor. He's a very dangerous man who should never get out of jail.

If GW4's attorneys are so sure he didn't shoot any victim that night, they should sit down with the prosecution and make a plea agreement to spare his life instead of grandstanding in pretrial hearings year after year as each of his accomplices admits their guilt and turns over more evidence. The state now has more than enough evidence to convict the Wagners. His attorneys should do what's best for the victims and the community and make a deal to keep this sick, violent person off the streets.

All JMO

GWIV is far from innocent for sure. Being that he was involved in planning, acquiring items, etc., I would think he would be considered just as guilty as anyone. MOO

Any attempt to minimize gw4 presence and participation in the execution of defenders family is just so vile. When these types of mitigation are brought up in a single homici#e is bad but annialation of an entire bloodline is horrendous. If gw4 plans on making that his case he's in fir a nice surprise. So frustrating that tge states dp case laws gave tge ws free premium attorneys making tge case moree difficult to prosecute tgen a public defender. Now if testimony goes as planned none of them will receive death penalty. This type of crime is why we have the dp. Some actions are so reprehensible that allowing them to breathe negates justice. Even if they never get executed, tge family can rest easy knowing release will never happen. Maybe some type of healing and closure can begin. G3 needs to die. I'd offer g4 lwop consecutive on all 8 murders to finish billy off and get that needle in his arm right by his scorpion tattoo. Regardless of planning he os a sadistic man of violence. Doubt he cared about custody he just wanted to des/Roy crsr for being a bigger better man. Jealousy and envy. Crsrs autopsy is significantly longer and more redacted. Ms geneva knows he did something foul.

ETA: Thanks, Niner, for posting the latest docket entry for GW4. It sounds like Judge Deering was busy taking care of GW4's motions.[/QUOTE
I thought anyone who was present at the murders , whether they shot the victims or not would be charged. I thought that is why the charges were dropped against AW. Was there another person who wore his shoes that night .

All JMO
And turn over the information the state has asked for … I lost count how many times.

I do not think anything was done to incriminate him. He was probably there. I am not sure but it seems something happened at the scene/s with him or the guns or something.

Last edited:
Any attempt to minimize gw4 presence and participation in the execution of defenders family is just so vile. When these types of mitigation are brought up in a single homici#e is bad but annialation of an entire bloodline is horrendous. If gw4 plans on making that his case he's in fir a nice surprise. So frustrating that tge states dp case laws gave tge ws free premium attorneys making tge case moree difficult to prosecute tgen a public defender. Now if testimony goes as planned none of them will receive death penalty. This type of crime is why we have the dp. Some actions are so reprehensible that allowing them to breathe negates justice. Even if they never get executed, tge family can rest easy knowing release will never happen. Maybe some type of healing and closure can begin. G3 needs to die. I'd offer g4 lwop consecutive on all 8 murders to finish billy off and get that needle in his arm right by his scorpion tattoo. Regardless of planning he os a sadistic man of violence. Doubt he cared about custody he just wanted to des/Roy crsr for being a bigger better man. Jealousy and envy. Crsrs autopsy is significantly longer and more redacted. Ms geneva knows he did something foul.

Great comment, so true.

Personally, I still think GW4 did participate in the murders. He just happens to have a defense team that thinks they're F Lee Bailey and Racehorse Haynes rolled into one.

If GW4 wants to convince me he didn't kill any members of the Rhoden family, he'll have to prove it.

Great comment, so true.

Personally, I still think GW4 did participate in the murders. He just happens to have a defense team that thinks they're F Lee Bailey and Racehorse Haynes rolled into one.

If GW4 wants to convince me he didn't kill any members of the Rhoden family, he'll have to prove it.

If you believe JW's proffer and I believe you said before there was zero chance he did not tell the truth, then that is the proof I guess. That is the proof the state seems to have accepted. It's the discovery (proffer) that says he did not kill anyone I believe, so the defense does not have to prove it, the state proved it for them.

As I have said several times in the past I did not necessarily believe JW may have told the whole truth but if the state accepted that he did then that is what will matter I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member