GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my point is really about an unrealistically high burden of proof that's been artificially inflated by forensic expectations appeal precedent law and jury nullification. Things like dna started off as a tool to crack cases disprove allibies identify unknown parties. But over time the csi effect has become a pre requisite and that runs counter to justice. When there's no useable dna at the scene or a killer is proven to have been there but did not leave dna, it becomes more likely the crime will be unsolved or murder will get acquittal or mistrial. This murder case is extremely strong. We've got motive means opportunity murder weapons witnesses wire taps codefendefendant testimony vehicles cyber evidence. We dont have g4s dna and a videotape of the crime and some weird off the wall statement that g4 was protecting jake from Billy while Jake and Billy murdered an entire innocent family
And given everything that has happened g4 still has a chance of getting off and wont take a deal because of it. If I were him under these circumstances I wouldn't either. But not a serial killer either. My point is it's too easy for ppl to avoid justice in cases where guilt is absolute

Yes, I understood your point and it was/is well taken. You said what was the how and why, and I believe the how and why is partly due to JW. I do not think G4 has a chance of getting off but he may have a chance of something lesser like his mommy did.
There are more weird off the wall statements than the one you mention.
Do you have the link to the statement as I would like to read it again or perhaps direct me as how to find it from where you got it from. Thanks

Last edited:
Okay - thanks for the link to the hearing. The following dates for hearings:

Mar. 7th @ 1pm - Motions hearing
April 4th @ 9am - Daubert hearing on shoe print (nothing mentioned on ballistics)
May 2 @ 1pm -Motions hearing
May 16 @ 1pm - Motion to suppress
July 5 to 14 - @ 9am - Jury questionnaire & seating
Aug 8 thru 12 @ 9am - Individual voir dire
Aug 15 thru 19 @ 9am - Individual voir dire
Aug 29 @ 9am - trial starts with general voir dire & opening statements.

Fox 19 - As far as seating a jury in Pike County, on the surface, it would seem unlikely with only about 1,300 eligible people in the jury pool.
Pike County Massacre: New trial date set for eldest Wagner son (fox19.com)

Is that a typo? I watched the video and the reporter said the jury pool is about 13,000 people. The population of Pike County according to Google and the 2019 census is 28,000.

That is what I had wondered, that number does not seem like it could be correct. If 13,000 is correct then not sure why he/they would make a statement that it may be hard to seat a jury.

Lots of articles have incorrect information in them, so I am guessing that 1300 is incorrect.

Last edited:
Fox 19 - As far as seating a jury in Pike County, on the surface, it would seem unlikely with only about 1,300 eligible people in the jury pool.
Pike County Massacre: New trial date set for eldest Wagner son (fox19.com)

Very disappointed that the local Fox affiliate is reporting misleading information from GW4's defense attorney about Jake's proffer.

I'm not going to dignify it by repeating it here, but it's clearly one-sided and deceptive. Prosecution has stated that GW4's attorneys are cherry-picking quotes out of context from Jake's proffer. I'll be surprised if Judge Deering allows this to continue. They need to be sanctioned or lectured for false pre-trial publicity.

Any unethical, dishonest person can distort quotes from the transcript of a 12 hr confession. It's worse when they peddle this false information to the news media and the absolute worst when "reputable" news media repeats it again and again.

All this BEFORE the trial of a twisted, unrepentant man who helped murder 8 innocent people in their homes, in their sleep, while their infant children <modsnip> were later abandoned to cry, covered in blood, <modsnip>.

Disgusting that some news media is participating in this cruel hoax to help free a killer.

JMO

<modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I understood your point and it was/is well taken. You said what was the how and why, and I believe the how and why is partly due to JW. I do not think G4 has a chance of getting off but he may have a chance of something lesser like his mommy did.
There are more weird off the wall statements than the one you mention.
Do you have the link to the statement as I would like to read it again or perhaps direct me as how to find it from where you got it from. Thanks

High so I found the pdf for g4 motion 73 which includes all the koo koo statements. What's the right way to share it for discussion without violating tos? I seem to accidentally violate tos quite a bit....

High so I found the pdf for g4 motion 73 which includes all the koo koo statements. What's the right way to share it for discussion without violating tos? I seem to accidentally violate tos quite a bit....

I have motion 73, it may have been posted before and I do not recall motion 73 having those statements in it that you are referring to. That motion is from 9-24-21. I do know which statements you mean I believe. I do not post my information, links, documents any longer since I am not a verified insider and have not been in WS the whole time.

Motion 73 talks about JW not shooting anyone and about shooting a 6th victim.

Last edited:

I think you can upload a PDF document here. Give it a try. Ask Mods to review to make sure it meets muster.

Just a courtesy note to all: If you can, upload a copy of these motions, discovery lists, links, etc. to the Media & Documents thread for the Rhoden Massacre file. It's a storage spot for these items so we can find them quickly without having to search through previous threads for info, photos, timelines, etc. as reference materials.

OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

To ask Mods to review what you posted, just click on the "report" button on your own post and ask them to check it out.

Very disappointed that the local Fox affiliate is reporting misleading information from GW4's defense attorney about Jake's proffer.

I'm not going to dignify it by repeating it here, but it's clearly one-sided and deceptive. Prosecution has stated that GW4's attorneys are cherry-picking quotes out of context from Jake's proffer. I'll be surprised if Judge Deering allows this to continue. They need to be sanctioned or lectured for false pre-trial publicity.

Any unethical, dishonest person can distort quotes from the transcript of a 12 hr confession. It's worse when they peddle this false information to the news media and the absolute worst when "reputable" news media repeats it again and again.

All this BEFORE the trial of a twisted, unrepentant man who helped murder 8 innocent people in their homes, in their sleep, while their infant children <modsnip> were later abandoned to cry, covered in blood, <modsnip>.

Disgusting that some news media is participating in this cruel hoax to help free a killer.

JMO

<modsnip - no link>
I wonder where they got 1,300 from? According to Ohio Board of Elections, there are over 17,000 registered voters in Pike County. That seems like enough people to seat a jury for at least one of the trials. IMO. https://www.boe.ohio.gov/pike/c/elecres/20211102results.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy was very rude in answering the judge, JMO

Typical.

I caught the "yeah", also. And his attorney made some statement about BW "missed his Christmas visit". Not sure what that was about.

Some sort of joke with his attorney.

From Billy's February 1st 2022, Hearing Video linked on page #42.

Billy laughing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-133554.png
    Screenshot_20220205-133554.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Had posted before, not sure if I did something incorrect, but that one seems to be gone.

From News Video Linked Above

Angenette Levy Reporter/Journalist:

According to Ohio law they must try to seat a jury in the County where the charges were filed first. If they're not able to find a fair and impartial jury then the trial could be moved.

Pike County has a small jury pool the population is less than 28,000 and jurors are pulled randomly from a list of registered voters and licensed drivers so that makes the pool of potential jurors even smaller.

Guest defense attorney Terry Ausin (sp) said in regards to seating a jury in Pike County:

The odds are slim to none in my opinion. I think that they have to argue obviously that there's been excessive pretrial publicity and that the jury pool is biased and they need an impartial jury.

Obviously under the Constitution they have a right to that but I think that no matter where you go this Case is so well known your not going to get a jury that doesn't know about the Case.

You just have to make sure during voir dire you get jurors who promise to be fair and impartial because it's all you can ask for.

Guest Defense Attorney Adam Conte (sp) regarding Billy going to trial:

I just don't believe it honestly, I think it's ah, it's to buy more time and we're talking about a trial date in October, we're in January, you're talking about something that's 10 months from now.

I just don't believe that they genuinely think this Case is going to trial between now and then, but I think this is more of a tactic to be able to figure out if there's a plea that makes sense.

I still think changing venues is a possibility with a pool that small, but they're certainly going to look into it more but I think when this plays out over the next 6-7 months we'll see something different then heading to trial in October.

Angenette Levy Reporter/Journalist:

After the plea hearing for Jake Wagner the family members seemed very happy - he's going to prison for the rest of his life.

They didn't seem quite as happy after Angela Wagner pleaded guilty because she's eligible for release after serving 30 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members