GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

It has come to our attention that a member of Websleuths is taking screenshots of WS posts and posting them in a private Facebook group about this case.

All posts on this forum belong to Websleuths. It is one thing to be on another site and mention / briefly paraphrase what is said at Websleuths, but it is a copyright violation to take screenshots or direct quotes from posts that are owned by Websleuths.com LLC.

Be advised that any violation of WS copyright will result in the member's permanent ban from this forum.

Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to WS Terms of Service.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

My sincere condolences to the family of LM. He, above everyone else, correctly, in his Appalachian way, called the murderers from the outset. He not only suffered the death of his family but he had to endure the suffering from LE as they investigated his son and daughter. A proud man who defended the character of his family was proven right. He died knowing the bastards that took his family will not see the light of day.

My opinion:
I hope Jake proves a liar on the stand and gets the death penalty along with bro and pops. The plea deal is off because he lied!

Don't leave out mommy.

Because of information that has come out since a couple hearings ago I think his testimony could cause some issues for the defense and state and he may get tripped up when testifying. The problem may be if jurors are asked to believe some things are true that JW says and that other things are not true he says. That may be hard for a juror to reconcile.

My opinion:
I hope Jake proves a liar on the stand and gets the death penalty along with bro and pops. The plea deal is off because he lied!

What I think from listening many times to the Bond Hearing.

Jake will be meticulously coached to stick to a certain narrative on the stand. If he gets muddled under the defense's direct questioning then Canepa will re-direct the questioning to get him to clarify and get back on track.

The defense's questions will be meant to greatly minimize George's involvement and the prosecution will respond with more precise questions that will magnify George's involvement and keep Jake focused on the facts of his proffer.

During the Bond Hearing George's attorney (Nash) tried with Scheiderer, under questioning, to turn the narrative away from George and smack dab onto Angela and Jake, making it all about them and not about George.

Nash used questions to minimize George's involvement and left things out, Canepa brought out a whole lot more information with her questions and brought clarity to how involved George actually was.

Nash revealed some of his strategy:

"Really your honor, this whole case, if there is a case, and I'm not saying it is, but it's about Edward Jake Wagner and Angela Wagner."

"There's been a lot of testimony regarding whose account was used or whose rewards was used, nothing pointing in the direction of George Wagner."

"Ah, there is some testimony regarding a palm print on a gun, there's no testimony that that was George Wagner's hand."

"Not only that but there was a list soposedly that was retrieved from a phone but more importantly not George Wagner's phone."

"Ah, there was evidence regarding a solvent catcher or suppressor or again a 22 caliber. Testimony we heard here today had nothing to do with George."

"The only testimony we heard, and we can boil it down to one minute, and that's that they did everything together. And therefore based on that, they want the court to believe that the presumption is great that George Wagner was involved in a homicide."

Last edited:

Jake will be meticulously coached to stick to a certain narrative on the stand. If he gets muddled under the defense's direct questioning then Canepa will re-direct the questioning to get him to clarify and get back on track.

The defense's questions will be meant to greatly minimize George's involvement and the prosecution will respond with more precise questions that will magnify George's involvement and keep Jake focused on the facts of his proffer.

During the Bond Hearing George's attorney (Nash) tried with Scheiderer, under questioning, to turn the narrative away from George and smack dab onto Angela and Jake, making it all about them and not about George.

Nash used questions to minimize George's involvement and left things out, Canepa brought out a whole lot more information with her questions and brought clarity to how involved George actually was.

"Really your honor, this whole case, if there is a case, and I'm not saying it is, but it's about Edward Jake Wagner and Angela Wagner."

"There's been a lot of testimony regarding whose account was used or whose rewards was used, nothing pointing in the direction of George Wagner."

"Ah, there is some testimony regarding a palm print on a gun, there's no testimony that that was George Wagner's hand."

"Not only that but there was a list soposedly that was retrieved from a phone but more importantly not George Wagner's phone."

"Ah, there was evidence regarding a solvent catcher or suppressor or again a 22 caliber. Testimony we heard here today had nothing to do with George."

"The only testimony we heard, and we can boil it down to one minute, and that's that they did everything together. And therefore based on that, they want the court to believe that the presumption is great that George Wagner was involved in a homicide."

It's a very good analysis and summary of crucial points. Hope the jurors/paralegals do a good job like you. The minutia magnification is an aggravatingly effective tactic for defense attorneys. It is a somewhat cavalier position states taking. The death penalty family vlause is problematic. Anytime your saying here's. A witness believe this part of what he says is a delicate matter. Working against a group this engraained who had years to get a proper story straight for g4. And decades of conditioning by a first class narcissistic sociopath Angela. Billy makes this whole thing nervous for me. Him and Jake are going to take all the weight. And Billy will let others put it on him he won't testify. He'll sit at the table and look as mean and scary as possible. Jake's already set the table of operating under duress. Billy is going to be convicted doesn't make a difference for him if it's 3 4 5 6 counts. As much as I hate the wagers and pray they all get the death penalty the whole deal with jw is nerve wracking. Nearly guaranteed collusion between aw jw testimony and freeing g4.

I feel the same way. The prosecution will coach Jake carefully through his testimony. With the two confessions and recovery of the key evidence on the Flying W Farm, this became an open and shut case.

Jake's not that good an actor. When he went through his courtroom litany of confession, he looked like a man who knew his fate and wanted to conclude the sorry mess.

Billy will sit there glowering and menacing everyone in the courtroom while using the common old defense of " they deserved it; anyone would have done the same". I think George 4 believes the same as his father. No remose, "they had it coming".

Nash and Palmer know Canepa is a formidable opponent in the courtroom. Thats why their strategy is to drag the court case out as long as possible, hoping it will make it easier to find a gullible juror or two.

Slightly OT, but I wonder what Billy's attorney meant when he said something about Billy not gettingbhis Christmas visit.

I also wonder why the I Heart Radio podcast hasn't resumed since Jake and Angela's confessions? The story is growing morevinteresting and suspenseful every week. One would think they would want to cover it.

I have my own theory.

I feel the same way. The prosecution will coach Jake carefully through his testimony. With the two confessions and recovery of the key evidence on the Flying W Farm, this became an open and shut case.

Jake's not that good an actor. When he went through his courtroom litany of confession, he looked like a man who knew his fate and wanted to conclude the sorry mess.

Billy will sit there glowering and menacing everyone in the courtroom while using the common old defense of " they deserved it; anyone would have done the same". I think George 4 believes the same as his father. No remose, "they had it coming".

Nash and Palmer know Canepa is a formidable opponent in the courtroom. Thats why their strategy is to drag the court case out as long as possible, hoping it will make it easier to find a gullible juror or two.

Slightly OT, but I wonder what Billy's attorney meant when he said something about Billy not gettingbhis Christmas visit.

I also wonder why the I Heart Radio podcast hasn't resumed since Jake and Angela's confessions? The story is growing morevinteresting and suspenseful every week. One would think they would want to cover it.

I have my own theory.
I recall that FW had interview(s) on Oxygen Network, but did she also have interview(s) with I Heart Radio?

I recall that FW had interview(s) on Oxygen Network, but did she also have interview(s) with I Heart Radio?

I don't think FW was on the Oxygen network. A lady who worked for her was.

Does someone remember? Wasn't it George's ex mother-in-law? The one who's Facebook account Angela had hacked into and had that message from Hanna
"They would have to kill me first."

She said FW was good to her. She is the only one I can think of who spoke out in the media who knew her real well. Other media comments on her were more negative about her land contracts but nothing from anyone who really knew her personally.

In fact, I haven't seen any article out where anyone was interviewed who knew any of the Wagner's personally except their pastor.

Seems odd to me that there are no articles out from people who were close to the Wagners. Must be because no one wants to be associated with them, their crimes are too henious.

Now that we know what we know, a worthwhile trip down fantasy lane with FW. The things she said.
Very dramatic. Don’t miss the photos. Cringeworthy.

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Random quotes:

Fredericka Wagner bristled at the allegations against her family.
Wagner speaks with a southern Ohio drawl. She has the empathetic look of a gentle grandmother: She is about 5-feet 4-inches tall and slender. Her blondish-gray hair is pulled back in a dark hairnet. But her deliberate manner can change in an instant as she fires off a steely glare that puts all on notice that she, and she alone, is in charge….
Wagner and Rhoden families had been friends for years. But the investigation eventually led to Fredericka Wagner’s front door.
Thirteen months after the slayings, on May 13, 2017, state agents and sheriff's deputies descended on Flying W Farms…
Wagner said she heard a helicopter roar overhead. She said officers dressed in SWAT uniforms and ski masks burst through the front door of her home and slammed through the gates of her farm, freeing and injuring some of her horses.…

…Wagner said she bought the vests because she feared that her family would be the target of violence, because of Billy’s relationship with Christopher Rhoden Sr. Also, one of Sophia’s parents was a Wagner, the other a Rhoden.
“I thought that they were going to kill Billy because he was such good friends with Chris Rhoden,” Wagner said. “I thought they killed Chris because he knew something.
“If your son was the best friend [of a victim], and something like this happened to that family, and your grandson was, in my eyes, married to Hanna [Rhoden], you better be scared. They might come after this family, too.”

…Wagner said she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens. ( my words- I hope this comes out in a trial)
As she spoke with The Plain Dealer, Wagner wouldn’t elaborate. But she repeatedly, and vehemently, stressed the innocence of her family.

At one point, she pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.
“Absolutely not,” Wagner snapped. “None of us was even near that place that night.”

Now that we know what we know, a worthwhile trip down fantasy lane with FW. The things she said.
Very dramatic. Don’t miss the photos. Cringeworthy.

A matriarch's fight: Fredericka Wagner denies charges, allegations in Pike County mass murder

Random quotes:

Fredericka Wagner bristled at the allegations against her family.
Wagner speaks with a southern Ohio drawl. She has the empathetic look of a gentle grandmother: She is about 5-feet 4-inches tall and slender. Her blondish-gray hair is pulled back in a dark hairnet. But her deliberate manner can change in an instant as she fires off a steely glare that puts all on notice that she, and she alone, is in charge….
Wagner and Rhoden families had been friends for years. But the investigation eventually led to Fredericka Wagner’s front door.
Thirteen months after the slayings, on May 13, 2017, state agents and sheriff's deputies descended on Flying W Farms…
Wagner said she heard a helicopter roar overhead. She said officers dressed in SWAT uniforms and ski masks burst through the front door of her home and slammed through the gates of her farm, freeing and injuring some of her horses.…

…Wagner said she bought the vests because she feared that her family would be the target of violence, because of Billy’s relationship with Christopher Rhoden Sr. Also, one of Sophia’s parents was a Wagner, the other a Rhoden.
“I thought that they were going to kill Billy because he was such good friends with Chris Rhoden,” Wagner said. “I thought they killed Chris because he knew something.
“If your son was the best friend [of a victim], and something like this happened to that family, and your grandson was, in my eyes, married to Hanna [Rhoden], you better be scared. They might come after this family, too.”

…Wagner said she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens. ( my words- I hope this comes out in a trial)
As she spoke with The Plain Dealer, Wagner wouldn’t elaborate. But she repeatedly, and vehemently, stressed the innocence of her family.

At one point, she pushed the issue, and said, “Go ahead and ask.” Then she responded to the question of whether her family was involved in the murders by quickly turning and grabbing the Bible and putting her hand on it.
“Absolutely not,” Wagner snapped. “None of us was even near that place that night.”

I thought the statement “None of us was even near that place that night.” was strange. Why would she include herself in that statement. Seems she would have said none of them were near that place that night.
I believe she told the Grand Jury names of whoever BW had told her names of.

I don't think FW was on the Oxygen network. A lady who worked for her was.

Does someone remember? Wasn't it George's ex mother-in-law? The one who's Facebook account Angela had hacked into and had that message from Hanna
"They would have to kill me first."

She said FW was good to her. She is the only one I can think of who spoke out in the media who knew her real well. Other media comments on her were more negative about her land contracts but nothing from anyone who really knew her personally.

In fact, I haven't seen any article out where anyone was interviewed who knew any of the Wagner's personally except their pastor.

Seems odd to me that there are no articles out from people who were close to the Wagners. Must be because no one wants to be associated with them, their crimes are too henious.
CC, that has always bugged me too that we haven't heard from neighbors, etc., I know they are a very enmeshed family but there is always people who know you, interact with you at the store, getting gas, all the things from daily living. And there is the people from FWs church I wonder if you are right CC that people are still afraid of this family.

It's probably the Plain Dealer interview I'm thinking of, just thought it was a video interview instead of an article.
You are right, there was a video and the article. The video went away quite a while back. There are some snippets out there from it but not the whole video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay