GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I said the snippets were there. The long video is not there and has been gone a long time. The whole video was everything in the written article.

I don't remember a whole video, just that these mini video shorts were put out. I remember being surprised that there were only these mini videos being put out.

If one longer version was put out I missed it.

I don't remember a whole video, just that these video shorts were put out. I remember being surprised that there were only these mini videos being put out. If there was one whole long one, which would make sense of course, then we can figure that these 4 mini short ones make up the entire whole long one.

Hard to forget that long video, maybe you never saw that one. No, the snippets do not make up the whole long video interview. The interview was said to be about two hours long, however the interview shown was not a whole two hours, but it was long.

Last edited:
CC, that has always bugged me too that we haven't heard from neighbors, etc., I know they are a very enmeshed family but there is always people who know you, interact with you at the store, getting gas, all the things from daily living. And there is the people from FWs church I wonder if you are right CC that people are still afraid of this family.

I've no doubt there are some people still afraid to cross the Wagner family. If any of them talk, it will be after the trials are over and they're all in prison for life.

CC, that has always bugged me too that we haven't heard from neighbors, etc., I know they are a very enmeshed family but there is always people who know you, interact with you at the store, getting gas, all the things from daily living. And there is the people from FWs church I wonder if you are right CC that people are still afraid of this family.
I personally wouldn't say anything to anyone if I lived in the area because it's a double-edged sword, IMO. If you say something positive about the W's, you risk retribution by the general public for siding with murderers. If you say something negative about them, you could be putting your life on the line--just look at what they did to the last people who stood up to them. JMO

I personally wouldn't say anything to anyone if I lived in the area because it's a double-edged sword, IMO. If you say something positive about the W's, you risk retribution by the general public for siding with murderers. If you say something negative about them, you could be putting your life on the line--just look at what they did to the last people who stood up to them. JMO
IType, you made some very valid points and I agree with Betty people may be more open to speaking out once the trials are over and they know the monsters are locked up. It would be interesting to know what the community's reaction to BW brother are too and the rest of the family. Usually we from neighbors how so-in-so was a good neighbor, was weird, always helpful, kept to themselves, etc., we typically hear or read these reports. This is all just my curiosity and MOO.

IType, you made some very valid points and I agree with Betty people may be more open to speaking out once the trials are over and they know the monsters are locked up. It would be interesting to know what the community's reaction to BW brother are too and the rest of the family. Usually we from neighbors how so-in-so was a good neighbor, was weird, always helpful, kept to themselves, etc., we typically hear or read these reports. This is all just my curiosity and MOO.

I could be wrong, but it would be great if one of the crime shows could do a "town hall" type of show after the trials, with residents, neighbors, etc. Discuss the impact it had on everyone, how things changed, etc.

Does anyone know why JW’s attorney William Mooney filed a motion to withdrawal as counsel? Just seen it on courtview.

Don't know, though we'll probably hear the reason eventually. Since the plea deal, Jake's case is almost on autopilot. Perhaps the state needed Mooney to work on another DP case? There are a limited number of attorneys who are DP qualified.

Does anyone know why JW’s attorney William Mooney filed a motion to withdrawal as counsel? Just seen it on courtview.

Don't know, though we'll probably hear the reason eventually. Since the plea deal, Jake's case is almost on autopilot. Perhaps the state needed Mooney to work on another DP case? There are a limited number of attorneys who are DP qualified.

Interesting. I don’t think he can assume DP issue is completely off the table. Can he? JW hasn’t yet testified in court against the remaining 2. Really odd.
Why not remain on the case for the duration? Even just the publicity and notoriety.

So maybe there is behind the scene stuff happening.

Interesting. I don’t think he can assume DP issue is completely off the table. Can he? JW hasn’t yet testified in court against the remaining 2. Really odd.
Why not remain on the case for the duration? Even just the publicity and notoriety.

Rethinking this sine I just remembered he is a public defender.
it may be beyond his choice. Idk.

Any number of things could have come up for him to leave the case but by Ohio Law Jake has to have 2 death penalty attorneys. Jake's case is still a DP case, he still has to testify at trial and do it satisfactorily.
Watch for a new attorney to come on board.

Interesting. Proof George went along on the murders.

Pike County slayings: Attorneys clash over death penalty in suspect’s murder charges

In documents filed last week, defense attorneys cited Jake Wagner’s confession. They said it contained information that his brother “was not supposed to accompany Jake and his father and only went along at the ‘last second’ to protect Jake from their father.”

They added that George Wagner “tried to talk [his family members] out of these murders."

Canepa said the defense attorneys cherrypicked snippets from Jake Wagner’s detailed statement. She said the confession was clear: “He implicated his brother.”

“Prosecutors made a deal with the devil,” Parker said during the hearing, “Jake Wagner was the one who snuck into the homes and killed those people.”

Angela Canepa fired back: “Unfortunately, there is more than one devil in this case, and that is all four individuals charged in this matter.”

Last edited:
Today I was searching online and went back to the day the murders . LM told LE that CR sr had two cameras for sure that picked up and would light up when activated. Dewine and Reader announced that two cameras were retrieved from from the property, asked if anyone else had any to please form them . At that time they did it say if anything was found on them.
JMO AC & RJ do not seem worried about no dna from GW IV nor about JW lying. I wonder if anything was on the camera footage … maybe someone wearing the shoes AW bought.

Does anyone know where James Manley was when he was arrested for removing the tracking device or did he turn his self in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27