OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it look like at least two calibers were fired at the door from outside?

IF that's the case, it doesn't seem like there would be time for one person to fire both guns.

There was larger caliber, mushroomed rounds, and rounds shedding the jacket.

Diagram of how CRSr. and GR were found. Must click on photo to increase size.
Wow. Good catch. Really shows details of the trailer. I hope we find out why they moved them into the bedroom. Odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-230823.png
    Screenshot_20220919-230823.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220919-230722.png
    Screenshot_20220919-230722.png
    433 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220919-230907.png
    Screenshot_20220919-230907.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
The article Death in the foothills someone posted a few pages back is really good.

In that article, it's mentioned that CRsr was helping Gary to get off the drugs. He took him to work and it said he took most of his pay to hold it for him and then went shopping with him (assuming here so he couldn't buy drugs and I'm also assuming hard drugs, not marijuana). So with that info, I wonder if some of the cash in the safe was Gary's that CRsr was holding for him?

The article Death in the foothills someone posted a few pages back is really good.

In that article, it's mentioned that CRsr was helping Gary to get off the drugs. He took him to work and it said he took most of his pay to hold it for him and then went shopping with him (assuming here so he couldn't buy drugs and I'm also assuming hard drugs, not marijuana). So with that info, I wonder if some of the cash in the safe was Gary's that CRsr was holding for him?
Good observation.

Yeesh. She looks oddly content in that mugshot.

Like someone who has "won," because while she'll be in prison for a very long time she has succeeded in a significant part of her mission, to (nearly) wipe out the family that offended her.

She was the driving force behind this mass murder, IMO. I get why the deal was made but it's a tough one.
I comfort myself that if AW ever gets out, the granddaughter whose maternal family she destroyed will be an adult who never, ever has to talk to that murderer again.

Wow. Good catch. Really shows details of the trailer. I hope we find out why they moved them into the bedroom. Odd.

My thoughts on this is maybe they were either aware that KR goes over to CRsr's around 4 am to shower and head to work .. or they knew that BJM shows up early in the morning to feed the animals. Maybe they thought with the front door locked that one of those people would look through the window and didn't want them seeing the bodies .. and hoped it was still dark enough outside that they wouldn't notice the blood stains? MOO

@rebelchild Post

"My thoughts on this is maybe they were either aware that KR goes over to CRsr's around 4 am to shower and head to work .. or they knew that BJM shows up early in the morning to feed the animals. Maybe they thought with the front door locked that one of those people would look through the window and didn't want them seeing the bodies .. and hoped it was still dark enough outside that they wouldn't notice the blood stains? MOO"

I have heard many times that Kenny showered over at Chris's but is this a rumor or is there a link to this?

Just if anyone knows.

All I could find:

"It has been rumored Kenneth went to his brother Chris's home every morning around 5:00 AM to take a shower before heading to work since he lived in a camper and may not have had running water hooked up to it."

There were at least 2 Rhoden relatives who lived on Kenny's road - one next door where he got his mail - so I don't see why he would drive literally miles to shower at Chris's house when other relatives lived right there plus Kenneth needed alot of time to drive to the city to work and had to have some water hooked up to at least cook and drink and wash his hands and water his plants etc... This isn't the 1800's.

Last edited:
It's possible he used it when transporting the items he sold. Weather that be the marijuana he was growing or firearms or anything else that is fairly valuable.
gps trackers are cheap these days. about 50 bucks for the tracker and another 20 to 30 for monthly service. its essentially a smart phone 4g connection without the phone. update very 5 seconds battery life up to 13 days.

I wonder if it was cocaine? Really want to see those tox screens from the autopsies!

From BH's testimony-
On cross, Brett said he saw cocaine in Chris Sr.’s safe and that it was likely for Gary Rhoden to use because Gary was a cocaine abuser,

Chris would have kept the cocaine locked up to keep Gary from using it. From article Death in the Foothills.
Pike County: Death in the foothills - Very informative article on the Rhodens, highly recommend.

Their cousin, Gary, had been living and working alongside Chris Sr. for several months. Chris Sr. had worked to get Gary off of drugs and alcohol and had helped him repeatedly to stay clean and sober, said Gary’s stepmother, Ruth Rhoden.

“Chris got him off of all that stuff,” she said, adding that Gary often worked with Chris Sr. at Big Bear Lake.

That meant that paydays would come and Chris would hold back most of Gary’s pay to ensure he wouldn’t spend it on drugs. Instead of giving him the money, he would go shopping or run errands with his cousin.

“He was really, really good to Gary,” she said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-001516.png
    Screenshot_20220920-001516.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I have heard many times that Kenny showered over at Chris's but is this a rumor or is there a link to this?

Just if anyone knows.

LR's testimony... Up in the morning, over to CR's for a shower if he needed one, on to Columbus if he didn't.

Edited: Luke did not say specifically what time he got going.

Last edited:
Maybe Defense is hoping for a sympathy vote from jury (Ma made me do it!) or perhaps just one person with enough doubt to hang the verdict? I do think Prosecution has enough solid evidence against George and he'll be proven guilty.
Sympathy vote? Only sympathy will be for the victims who were ambushed by heinous evil people.

LR's testimony... Up at 4am, over to CR's for a shower if he needed one.

I assume you mean Luke Rhoden. Was a rumor until Luke's testimony. Good catch ColMustard! Appreciate it.
Nice to get truth separated away from the rumors. Now I will have a new perspective. Could be why the Wagner's did the murders at the times they did if they thought Kenny might come by at 4am plus it was turkey shooting that day.

gps trackers are cheap these days. about 50 bucks for the tracker and another 20 to 30 for monthly service. its essentially a smart phone 4g connection without the phone. update very 5 seconds battery life up to 13 days.

I assume you mean Luke Rhoden. Was a rumor until Luke's testimony. Good catch ColMustard! Appreciate it.
Nice to get truth separated away from the rumors. Now I will have a new perspective. Could be why the Wagner's did the murders at the times they did if they thought Kenny might come by at 4am plus it was turkey shooting that day.
Video added to the post.
I believe D.Stone also said the same, his testimony was just before Luke's.

Are we not using initials any longer?

ed: sorry, meant to edit this above.

Last edited:

I did say the vehicle trackers were expensive, but that info is 15 years old, with 3G and a fleet of 30 cars. It's amazing how prices have dropped on some tech.

Air Tags are dirt cheap. Four for $100 without shopping around.

Are we not using initials any longer?

ed: sorry, meant to edit this above.

Initials are always good as usual but once in a while I want to be 100% for sure I'm getting the right person. Especially with so many witnesses that will be coming into this trial.

There sure are alot of B Rhodens!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads