OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett testified that Chris Sr., always had a lot of cash on him and that Brett saw Chris Sr. have $400,000 in a black bag on him at home one day. Another time, Brett said he knew Chris was into cockfighting and won $30,000 in a battle.

And one has to put the monies somewhere; can't put it in the bank.
May have added in a few lies, Canepa already said some of Jake's statements didn't add up, but point is, most did. He was able to collaborate all the evidence they already had. Then the prosecution said Angie was able to collaborate Jake's testimony.

Jake and Angie are not smart enough to throw in George and Billy if George and Billy had nothing to do with it. DeWine said the evidence showed they arrested the right people who did it. There were 4 devils in it according to Canepa, and a prosecutor said George was involved in all 4 parts of the crime.

The Conspiracy and hiding/tampering with evidence, preparing and getting involved.
IMO, it's the conspiracy that'll get him, just like it did AW.
If so, hoping he gets more than the 30 AW was bequeathed.

All 4 of the Ws are known liars. They all lied to cover their behinds. GWs claim he didnt know anything isnt supported by what we know how the family made decisions. Im sure the ex's will bring light to the W4 darkness. i dont think JWs attorneys and AC would knowingly and encouragingly suborn perjury. If anything, from what we know about the proffer, JW diminshed GWs role not place the blame on him. Thats the known evidence I am familiar. Jmo

And one has to put the monies somewhere; can't put it in the bank.

IMO, it's the conspiracy that'll get him, just like it did AW.
If so, hoping he gets more than the 30 AW was bequeathed.

One reason I'm so interested in this trial is because I want to see George get convicted of murder and other charges and get more than 30 years. 30 years isn't enough. Angie will get out at age 78, but in 30 years George could get out and still live another 30 years as a free man amongst society. Even play with his grandkids etc...

Has anyone seen the interview that Jake and Angela did shortly after the murders? I'm trying to find it.

ETA - IMO, Death in the Foothills is probably the best article about the murders written during 2016. Both articles were written by Chris Graves.

Last edited:
Reminds me of LE cutting potions of the upholstery from that Ford Excursion the Ws had for sale. That vehicle went to Kentucky, didn't it? Seems different than the W murder truck, it went to Athens county, Ohio.

AW placed a FB ad to sell the Excursion, some time after the murders. There was also a receipt for having the seats reupholstered, leather.

BW took the murder truck to the relative in Athens co., someone posted he did that at sunrise.
When that came out....I wondered if that relative ever contacted LE in the aftermath of the massacre that hey, someone who knew those people gave me a truck first thing the morning after the murders. If they did voluntarily tell LE.....how long after the massacre was it. a few days, a month, a year, when MIke Dewines press conference asked anyone with infomation about weapons, vehicles, etc. Just something I wondered.

Direct of Agent Fortner

4777 trajectory analysis, no shell casings found, bullet under trailer told to me by Agent Hanshaw, BE 13, entrance hole into floor, used rods to try to work out trajectory, going over photos of where the bullet went into floor, trajectory rods in photo, muzzle of weapon fairly close to hole, cut out floor to see underneath, (blood in photos so we can't see them) strike of bullet into floor joist, tracked bullet into the ground under trailer, Agent Durst went under trailer to get bullet, (levity in court as photo of back end of Agent Durst under trailer is shown,) photo of projectile, hollow point pistol projectile, that had not expanded, hollow point usually goes into human tissue and expands normally to make a larger wound, this one not expanded, projectile collected, shown to jury, projectile examined by firearm/toolmark examiners at lab, didn't hit soft tissue, hollow point needs liquid/soft tisue to expand, if hits something hard like wood, bone just goes through and doesn't expand,

Large safe in bedroom, jaws of life from fire dept needed to pried safe (where were CR keys opinion) lots of long guns in CR safe we saw a photo, US currency, collected items, 20,000 dollars in safe, handgun in safe, wallet of CRjr ID, drugs in safe in baggies, social security card for GR, Ruger and Clarence Frankie Rhoden social security cards, revolver, semi-automatic and one other gun, , an extra ordinary amount of guns, GPS tracker in safe shown to jury, documents in safe,
Does anyone know what the significance of the GPS tracker in the safe would be. Just curious and drawing a blank on this one.

Can anyone imagine going through this all again if Billy goes through with his trial?

Well, we would learn more facts anyway. But if it comes out at this trial, which it is starting to already, that Billy was a shooter, then him having a trial seems like such a waste of time.

Oh well. We will see. I can't imagine FW or RW wanting him to admit his guilt.

ETA - IMO, Death in the Foothills is probably the best article about the murders written during 2016. Both articles were written by Chris Graves.
Thank you

Maybe Defense is hoping for a sympathy vote from jury (Ma made me do it!) or perhaps just one person with enough doubt to hang the verdict? I do think Prosecution has enough solid evidence against George and he'll be proven guilty.
But if I recall correctly in the defense opening he said George wasn't there and didn't know about it. He learned of the murders the following day. Something like that.. not saying anything about mom or dad made me, not I went in case dad killed Jake, just he wasn't involved. That seems like a bad tactic, but I guess we will see.

But if I recall correctly in the defense opening he said George wasn't there and didn't know about it. He learned of the murders the following day. Something like that.. not saying anything about mom or dad made me, not I went in case dad killed Jake, just he wasn't involved. That seems like a bad tactic, but I guess we will see.
Red herring.

I think Nash realizes that the only hope he has is to have the jury believe that George was not at the murder scenes. George just even being at the murder scenes cooks his goose.

There is too much evidence that George was at the scenes and knew about it. Nash may not mention it again but he will look pretty bad if he does because the evidence will shoot him down. I think Nash is desperate for a way to get George a defense.

Can't be a drug or cartel hit, George's brother and mother already admitted the family did it.

Nash is backed into an impossible corner.

Does anyone know what the significance of the GPS tracker in the safe would be. Just curious and drawing a blank on this one.

Tracker for hunting dog comes to mind. Didn't FR have coon hounds out back? FR's social security card was in the safe too.

Air Tag wasn't a thing yet, vehicle trackers were, but very expensive to use. Some auto dealers do use them, for repossessions.

Tracker for hunting dog comes to mind. Didn't FR have coon hounds out back? FR's social security card was in the safe too.

Air Tag wasn't a thing yet, vehicle trackers were, but very expensive to use. Some auto dealers do use them, for repossessions.
It's possible he used it when transporting the items he sold. Weather that be the marijuana he was growing or firearms or anything else that is fairly valuable.

Some would put trackers in their loads if they weren't riding along.

Wonder if we'll ever see the unredacted autopsies?

I was considering this today, not because I want to see them, but because the state is going to have to discuss them at some point. They'll have to connect the ballistics and other evidence to the wounds the victims received. Again, puzzle pieces put together to show who did what to whom and how.

JMO only, but they may have to go into more detail than the preliminary AT, but probably not all the details of final AR. Maybe. OTOH, they may have to go into some detail to match ballistics and other evidence, time of death, which killer shot whom, etc.

Right! This was a highly controlled family. AW controlled her sons, who in turn controlled their wives who in addition were also controlled by Angela. They lived in their own little bubble of reality. I always imagined them as isolated, brainwashed.

ETA - Imagine living your entire life in the shadow of a delusional mother or mother-in-law, and doing only what she instructed you to do. And, not doing everything she forbids. This was all they knew.
What are your thoughts on Fred? Do you think she and Angela are cut from the same cloth? There must be a reason that GW3 was drawn to that type of personality. On the other hand, given his tattoo to commemorate the whole sordid affair, I guess he comes with plenty of meanness and heartlessness all on his own.

They were adults, JW and GW4, so they deserve whatever justice is served. But a small part of me feels they never had a chance with parents like that. The cycle will be broken with their children. It's just so sad that Hannah and the rest of the Rhoden family isn't here to enjoy it.

Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
1h

The guns SA Fortner said were stored in the safe and catalogued. Defense Attorney John Patrick Parker asking about a white-handled revolver.
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV
Parker now asking about the lighting conditions at the time of the crime vs. lighting conditions when the scans were taken of the crime scenes. Rods were used to determine trajectory. Obviously, Parker is going somewhere with this
@LawCrimeNetwork
I bolded that lasts line because I literally laughed. I was thinking WHERE is he going with this and then read that line and thought well sometimes defense lawyers aren't really going anywhere but a big nowhere. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro