OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why AW kept the receipt for the shoes? That just seems so stupid to me and it is one of the main pieces of evidence against them.
I can't figure that one out either. But she seems to always have an angle. Maybe she thought she could use it as leverage against her co-defendants, pre-arrest. I don't think any of them ever gave it a thought that they'd actually potentially be arrested, never mind serving time.

Yes, it's been called a bush hog, it actually looks more like a finish mower, designed to attach to a 3 point hitch on a farm tractor. Looks reasonably new to me.
Not sure where I'm going with this, probably nowhere. But new farm equipment seems like a big investment. I suspect those 16 long guns plus three hand guns could be expensive. Add to that, there was over $20,000 in cash on top of safe according to BCI witness.

Not sure where I'm going with this, probably nowhere. But new farm equipment seems like a big investment. I suspect those 16 long guns plus three hand guns could be expensive. Add to that, there was over $20,000 in cash on top of safe according to BCI witness.
Has it been mentioned if CSR's guns were legally obtained? Otherwise, one can get them pretty cheap on the black market, perhaps. IDK

I'll go back 6.5 years -- People knew about the cannabis. There were rumors of pills, etc. But meth wasn't ever really talked about, anywhere. Now we glance inside the safe in Chris' bedroom. Looked like about an ounce of meth. I get why he had the treadmill now.

Wow! That's a lot of hunting. I'm way out of the loop on subject.
I also wonder if some of those guns belonged to his children or other family members. If he had a nice safe to lock them up, it's possible he held on to some of this family members guns until they were needed. I know in a home with young children like Dana's and Frankies, maybe they felt better having the guns locked up at dads house?

My husband has many firearms. He has some his family has passed down to him, plus some he has purchased, but there are shot guns, rifles, hand guns, muzzleloaders, etc. It isn't uncommon to have multiple of each type and for those that hunt a lot, there are seasons for each type like muzzle loaders season, rifle season.. etc.

I didn’t see this in any of our awesome posters’ trial recaps today and thought this was pretty significant. Hanshaw was testifying about a notebook that was found on top of a speaker in GR’s house. (I hope the tweet shows up, I’ve never copied/pasted a tweet before!)

Tweet shows up fine. Setting up a drug deal makes a lot more sense learning of it now than earlier in the trial. Foundation for drug use/purchase, etc has been established.

Maybe I’m seeing things but when this last agent Big Todd Fortner was talking about not having any problem negotiating the hallway to the bedroom with his Faro equipment George got all out of sorts and frantically scratched something on paper to have his lawyer read it. Made me giggle
Probably because he is guilty of moving the body. I think I just mentioned this earlier that Jake says George moved the body or bodies. This alone puts George right in the middle of being helpful and involved with the murders. Wonder why he thinks he can get a jury to acquit him of murder when he is right in the middle of it?

Why not try to get a better plea deal? Canepa said all 4 were offered plea deals. Not sure what plea they offered George but probably better then having a jury convict him of murder which is a life sentence, probably LWOP.

Last edited:
So if Jake gets on the stand and says George was trying to fire a gun but wasn't able to shoot with the oil filter suppressor on the SKS - couldn't see over the oil filter, etc...

And says George moved bodies at Chris's......Etc....

Then we still have the cut wires, missing security video, George buying and hiding in truck, George voting for the murders, Angie and Jake saying he went along and voted for the murders, etc...

I hope this is made crystal clear to the jurors because it shows George is totally guilty of participating in the murders. He did more than just twiddle his thumbs down the road looking for traffic. He was right there involved.

Plus there is the whole thing with the shoe prints. Why would Angie buy him murder shoes and George buy a truck and modify it if George had not planned to even go?

I am anxious for the part that proves George committed murder. Right there in George's face.

No wonder Nash tried to say George wasn't there but that is nothing but a red herring.

No wonder Nash is obsessed with his damn phone and snacking.
And he was the owner of the SKS .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member