Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What does this have to do with this case?

There isn't even a facility in Lechter County.

Why would a judge be murdered by a sheriff over some federal investigation of treatment centers that aren't even located within the county? Lots of medical facilities are investigated all over the country. Are judges murdered over them? Judges in every county in the country have diversion programs. We have a huge program where I live. I'm sure facilities have been investigated. No one has gotten murdered over it.

Last edited:
I believe they are wondering if recent investigations into kick-backs for encouraging or sending someone to rehab could have played a role in this murder.
That doesn't make sense. I'm sorry. There are programs like this all over the country. Why would the sheriff murder him over that?
Cronyism is pretty much all over the place. Heck, might as well investigate the ankle bracelet company and the private detention center. (They always get kickbacks and they're involved with that sheriff deputy scandal)

I thought he murdered him because of his daughter and wife?

Last edited:
What does this have to do with this case?
ARC is a for profit rehab with strong political ties to some names we've seen mentioned on this thread including the Gov and the AG. Owner of ARC is an attorney being investigated for insurance fraud. Mullins favors sending offenders who come before him to ARC and Stines drives them to the facility. Could be a nexus to Mullins or both Mullins and Stines. Kickpacks are alive and real-- even in KY. JMO

ARC is a for profit rehab with strong political ties to some names we've seen mentioned on this thread including the Gov and the AG. Owner of ARC is an attorney being investigated for insurance fraud. Mullins favors sending offenders who come before him to ARC and Stines drives them to the facility. Could be a nexus to Mullins or both Mullins and Stines. Kickpacks are alive and real-- even in KY. JMO
I don't think this is a motive for murder. Deputy Fields worked at a local private detention facility and Fields had sex in Mullin's chambers.

It's totally far fetched.

That doesn't make sense. I'm sorry. There are programs like this all over the country. Why would the sheriff murder him over that?
If Mullins was throwing Stines under the bus to save himself from federal indictment for ARC fraudulent billing, that might ruffle a hot tempered Stines who is trying to put out the flames caused by then Mullins Baillif, Ben Fields. Take note that "Sheriff Stiens" is responsible for the County Budget here in the pending civil lawsuit. Perhaps Stines believed Mullins had knowledge that Fields was using his Chambers to assault inmates on house release and failed to bring it to Stines attention. Possible connections -- speculative and MOO.

Last edited:
If Mullins was throwing Stines under the bus to save himself from federal indictment, that might ruffle a hot tempered Stines who is trying to put out the flames caused by then Mullins Baillif, Ben Fields. Take note that "Sheriff Stiens" is responsible for the County Budget here in the pending civil lawsuit. Perhaps Stines believed Mullins had knowledge that Fields was using his Chambers to assault inmates on house release and failed to bring it to Stines attention. Possible connections -- speculative and MOO.
Why would Mullins be under federal indictment? States contract with private facilities all the time. Yes, it's cronyism, but that's the way states work. The state has marching orders: "Send them to xyz". Same with private prisons. States have standing orders for facilities.

Once again, this kinda seems to be victim blaming.

BTW: Fields also assaulted women in his car and the courthouse elevator and I believe even in their homes.

Last edited:
Federal Indictment is for fraudulent medical billing to Medicaid for ARC.
FIrst of all: The company is only being investigated.
They are not under indictment.
All of a sudden this has morphed into a rumor that the judge "is under pending federal indictment" because a company is being investigated.

Is there evidence that the judge was even being investigated for this??????

FIrst of all: The company is only being investigated.
They are not under indictment.
All of a sudden this has morphed into a rumor that the judge "is under pending federal indictment" because a company is being investigated.

Is there evidence that the judge was even being investigated for this??????
OP totally missed the comment was in response to OP asking why the MSM of the FBI investigation was posted by another viewer. It's been discussed here in prior thread, and my post was fully disclaimed speculation and MOO.

I wonder if a psychiatrist has seen the Sheriff? It's not impossible that he thought that the "they" trying to kidnap his family were little green Martians.
Or the Iowa Ninjas wearing black sweaters and sunglasses (a la Mollie Tibbets).

They're being investigated for primarily for work related issues and non-medically necessary procedures.

Generally, it goes like this: Judge refers a defendant for treatment. Assigned a case worker. Case worker says: "Go to xyz" (Probably in this case, the options are limited, so they go to "z")

Now I've never been sent to anything by a court. (Except for those defensive driving classes, which are optional and I pay for those myself) And I have no idea whether the state pays for the treatment or the client pays. If the state pays, I don't know if Medicaid is involved.

I'm sure judges all across the state are doing the same thing.

"Stamper testified Stines requested to see the judge’s phone and then attempted to call his daughter from Mullins’s phone"
With no audio, how is Stamper able/allowed to testify such a statement?
Is there a probable cause-like document involved in sending a case to a grand jury? Is it under seal?

They're being investigated for primarily for work related issues and non-medically necessary procedures.

Generally, it goes like this: Judge refers a defendant for treatment. Assigned a case worker. Case worker says: "Go to xyz" (Probably in this case, the options are limited, so they go to "z")

Now I've never been sent to anything by a court. (Except for those defensive driving classes, which are optional and I pay for those myself) And I have no idea whether the state pays for the treatment or the client pays. If the state pays, I don't know if Medicaid is involved.

I'm sure judges all across the state are doing the same thing.

MSM is dated August 7 -- you've missed some news. Get with the program @Friday Fan!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back