OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because he is guilty of moving the body. I think I just mentioned this earlier that Jake says George moved the body or bodies. This alone puts George right in the middle of being helpful and involved with the murders. Wonder why he thinks he can get a jury to aquit him of murder when he is right in the middle of it?

Why not try to get a better plea deal?
If the jury believes the words of Jake, an admitted murderer and liar.

About Nash and his phone-He is probably cleared to have it in the courtroom. I noticed Friday he looked at his smart watch then pulled his phone out of his left inside jacket pocket, looked at it and put it back. Also, today I noticed the man sitting in the corner in the green pants has a phone too, saw him pick it up off the floor and put it on his right leg and cover it with his hand.

Direct exam of Agent Fortner

Missed first bit (so don't know if defense did any cross of Agent Hanshaw)
Opinion I don't understand why camera operator does not show many photos that obviously have no blood in them,

Agent Fortner on stand who did Faro scan, this was extensive scan, out front of 4777 scan of scene is incredible, scan went into home, he saw bullet strikes round and on door, points out silver truck in driveway, now showing inside of home scan, saw blood drag marks, and footprints inside residence, height of bullets into wall by deer head 3.3ft, depth of residence 13.076ft from front to back wall, scanner showing blood trail, hallway to bedroom, Agent is 6ft 6 and 300 and some pounds, again showing he at his size was able to walk down the hallway without being impeded, (so irrelevant what size GW was in 2016 as he was nowhere near the height/size of the Agent) showing jury scan of bedroom, distance from front door to blood trail by chair, (missed measurement) It was approx32/33 feet from blood drag marks by chair to CR body, and pool of blood y chair to GR body 32 feet approx,

went to scene 2 to Faro Scan, meeting to discuss next steps, secured scenes overnight then go back next day to do other work, trajectory reconstruction at CR, shots came from area in the approximate area piece of red equipment in front yard, rifle not single shot we thought was used, and spent time looking for casings as the cartridges should have been ejected, not one cartridge found in yard where he thinks shots came from (I don't know what he called that red piece of equipment in front yard)
GW was on the chunky side in 2016.

If the jury believes the words of Jake, an admitted murderer and liar.
I think if he wants a jury to believe he had nothing at all to do with this, he needs to take the stand and tell his story then. This family that did everything together.. he lived with them, moved to Alaska with them, worked with them daily, lived with them since this happened. He in all that time had no idea during the months of planning, the night of, the day after, the years since, he has heard nothing, did nothing at all to help, and did nothing prior nor did he know of something and not report it, he just plain didn't know about it at all before during or after? I don't know that anyone will believe that after all the witnesses testify. Mom and brother are lying and making up Georges involvement for what reason?

Is this the notebook being discussed? If so, it also says "Jo" on it with dates. I assumed Jo is BJM and Billy is BM who was with her the morning of 4/22/16 keeping track of their time so CR Sr. could pay them. BM also testified he was working for CR Sr. for payment of a vehicle.

eta-confirmation from Angenette Levy

Angenette Levy

@Angenette5
·
9h

Hanshaw is discussing the log book where Bobby Jo Manley and Billy Morgan wrote down their hours. The last entry in the log book: April 21, 2016. The day before the murders
@LawCrimeNetwork

Attachments

• 41f67987-827e-4754-b72a-b5f503b79b0e-Rhoden59.jpg
    41f67987-827e-4754-b72a-b5f503b79b0e-Rhoden59.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Would it be common to have that much cash in home as well?
CRsr made a livelihood buying used cars at auction, repairing them and reselling them. The Auto Auctions require cash payment, so it does not surprise me he held cash in a safe. He also probably accepted cash as payment for car repairs or resales.

JMO

Is this the notebook being discussed? If so, it also says "Jo" on it with dates. I assumed Jo is BJM and Billy is BM who was with her the morning of 4/22/16 keeping track of their time so CR Sr. could pay them. BM also testified he was working for CR Sr. for payment of a vehicle.
Well duh, you’re probably right! Ignore my mistake :)

I think if he wants a jury to believe he had nothing at all to do with this, he needs to take the stand and tell his story then. This family that did everything together.. he lived with them, moved to Alaska with them, worked with them daily, lived with them since this happened. He in all that time had no idea during the months of planning, the night of, the day after, the years since, he has heard nothing, did nothing at all to help, and did nothing prior nor did he know of something and not report it, he just plain didn't know about it at all before during or after? I don't know that anyone will believe that after all the witnesses testify. Mom and brother are lying and making up Georges involvement for what reason?
Right. Why would they say George was involved at all? Why say , well, he didn't shoot but on the other hand he did all these other things.

Prosecution said they had enough evidence to convict George without the proffers. Add in the proffers to verify their evidence and it makes Jake and Angie's testimony compelling.

I'll go back 6.5 years -- People knew about the cannabis. There were rumors of pills, etc. But meth wasn't ever really talked about, anywhere. Now we glance inside the safe in Chris' bedroom. Looked like about an ounce of meth. I get why he had the treadmill now.
I wonder if it was cocaine? Really want to see those tox screens from the autopsies!

From BH's testimony-
On cross, Brett said he saw cocaine in Chris Sr.’s safe and that it was likely for Gary Rhoden to use because Gary was a cocaine abuser,

Right. Why would they say George was involved at all? Why say , well, he didn't shoot but on the other hand he did all these other things.

Prosecution said they had enough evidence to convict George without the proffers. Add in the proffers to verify their evidence and it makes Jake and Angie's testimony compelling.
Maybe Defense is hoping for a sympathy vote from jury (Ma made me do it!) or perhaps just one person with enough doubt to hang the verdict? I do think Prosecution has enough solid evidence against George and he'll be proven guilty.

Brett testified that Chris Sr., always had a lot of cash on him and that Brett saw Chris Sr. have $400,000 in a black bag on him at home one day. Another time, Brett said he knew Chris was into cockfighting and won $30,000 in a battle.

Angenette Levy

@Angenette5
·
1h

The guns SA Fortner said were stored in the safe and catalogued. Defense Attorney John Patrick Parker asking about a white-handled revolver.
@LawCrimeNetwork
OH v. #GeorgeWagnerIV
Parker now asking about the lighting conditions at the time of the crime vs. lighting conditions when the scans were taken of the crime scenes. Rods were used to determine trajectory. Obviously, Parker is going somewhere with this
@LawCrimeNetwork

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-180755.png
    Screenshot_20220919-180755.png
    672.2 KB · Views: 15

Jmo not trying to defend GW cause I think he was there, but if he wasn’t and the state said you have to give us all of the other three for the deal then a known liar and mass killer trying to save their own life could add in a few lies for their own benefit.

Jmo not trying to defend GW cause I think he was there, but if he wasn’t and the state said you have to give us all of the other three for the deal then a known liar and mass killer trying to save their own life could add in a few lies for their own benefit.
May have added in a few lies, Canepa already said some of Jake's statements didn't add up, but point is, most did. He was able to collaborate all the evidence they already had. Then the prosecution said Angie was able to collaborate Jake's testimony.

Jake and Angie are not smart enough to throw in George and Billy if George and Billy had nothing to do with it. DeWine said the evidence showed they arrested the right people who did it. There were 4 devils in it according to Canepa, and a prosecutor said George was involved in all 4 parts of the crime.

The Conspiracy and hiding/tampering with evidence, preparing and getting involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective