OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to rewatch Agent Fortner’s testimony regarding CRSR scene. Why are the red drag marks in the diagram in living room, not the front door area.

I think CR ended up there, slightly moving the chair. ...according to testimony. Knocked backward, fell, or staggered back.

Yes. Not sure if he had 2 black eyes, but at least one black eye and another bruise on the left side of his face.

They went to Gary's funeral, same day that Jake filed for custody of S.

Wonder why Billy shaved his head? You can see the other two have dyed their hair. The Wagner princes of Peterson Rd. :mad:
I couldn’t believe they had the nerve to go to even one of the funerals. My thought on him shaving his head would be to not leave any dna like a lost hair. Or he had blood splatter in his hair from the shooting at scenes 1 and 4 so he just shaved it all off. But thats my opinion.

Definitely. Two red patches, one about eye level and one below, somebody got him. I'd guess it was Gary.

Must've been a cover story for that too. Surely there were questions.

That's just cold showing up there, IMO MOO.

I know BH had a black eye at the funerals and saw those pics. Interesting that he came to KR's while Luke and Donald were waiting for LE to arrive, and he went around the property. One of them is said to have told him not to think about taking anything because LE was on the way, according to testimony.
I never heard that about KR’s funeral. Would like to read about it. Do you have a link ?

Does anyone have a clear image of the rear of Chsr trailer?
This one is not clear enough to see if he had an AC unit. If there wasn’t one that would caused the bodies to decompose faster then the rest of the victims. View attachment 367541
Coroner said Gary and Chris were more decomposed because they were shot first and took a long time to be put in refrigerator vans. Looking for footage of coroner saying this.

Anyone have full coroner video from today? Canepa asks her about it towards the end. Clears up our questions of more decomposition.

No, I posted that the BCI agent Fortner yesterday said all shots were from outside to inside. None inside to outside. That was from his analysis. Sorry for the confusion. I posted this comment before the Medical Examiner testified about her analysis of the gunshots to CR and GR.
Ok now I understand! Thx

Coroner said Gary and Chris were more decomposed because they were shot first and took a long time to be put in refrigerator vans. Looking for footage of coroner saying this.

Anyone have full coroner video from today? Canepa asks her about it towards the end. Clears up our questions of more decomposition.

31 hours before CR, GR, are placed at the coroner's lab.

I also think they wanted it to look like it was over drugs, so killing KR made it look more drug related

Definitely. Two red patches, one about eye level and one below, somebody got him. I'd guess it was Gary.

I know BH had a black eye at the funerals and saw those pics. Interesting that he came to KR's while Luke and Donald were waiting for LE to arrive, and he went around the property. One of them is said to have told him not to think about taking anything because LE was on the way, according to testimony.

When I was listening to Donald Stone's testimony the other day, he mentioned Brett Hatfield coming on Kenneth's property that morning on a 4 wheeler, looking around. I kind of wondered about that, but apparently LE checked everything out and cleared him. We have to assume that.

Yes. Not sure if he had 2 black eyes, but at least one black eye and another bruise on the left side of his face.

They went to Gary's funeral, same day that Jake filed for custody of S.

Wonder why Billy shaved his head? You can see the other two have dyed their hair. The Wagner princes of Peterson Rd. :mad:
In a way they were drawing a lot of attention to themselves after the murders.

Are you saying that BH had a black eye at the funeral too? I didn’t know that! So are we saying that BH and BW both had black eyes at Kenneth’s funeral. I did see BW‘s black eye just today, but have nothing on BH.

Last edited:

I heard her say that and I agree. The longer the deceased are not refrigerated it effects the decomposition rate . Years ago I had to take a homicide seminar , besides that it took so long to get them in the refrigerated van there are other things that can affect the rate of decomposition. I was staying in Butler County when the murders occurred and I remember the weather was really nice . I think being deceased and in a warm trailer for over 24 hrs could have effected the decomposition rate compared to bodies in AC .

I never heard that about KR’s funeral. Would like to read about it. Do you have a link ?
I've been looking but can't find GR funeral pics. Do you remember if they were on that other site not allowed to link?

I heard her say that and I agree. The longer the deceased are not refrigerated it effects the decomposition rate . Years ago I had to take a homicide seminar , besides that it took so long to get them in the refrigerated van there are other things that can affect the rate of decomposition. I was staying in Butler County when the murders occurred and I remember the weather was really nice . I think being deceased and in a warm trailer for over 24 hrs could have effected the decomposition rate compared to bodies in AC .
You were talking about if Chris had an air conditioner and maybe had it on but it was April and late at night so even if he had an air conditioner I bet it was off.

From above linked article:

Chris Sr. was in a state of decomposition and rigor mortis had already disappeared, she said, which indicated he'd been dead for more than 24 hours at the time he was brought to the coroner. The bodies arrived around 5:50 a.m. on April 23, 2016. They'd been discovered the morning and afternoon of April 22, 2016.

Weather in Columbus in April 2016 Weather in Columbus in April 2016 (Ohio) - detailed Weather Forecast for a month

Thursday, 21 April
night +63°
Day
+66°
Cloudy

Friday, 22 April
night +59°
Day
+66°
Partly cloudy and probable thunderstorms with rain

Saturday, 23 April
night +52°