OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Sr was shot while he was standing inside the trailer. Remember, the front door was open. He was shot while standing inside the doorway by two different weapons shooting from the outside.

The ME's crucial evidence was noting that he was shot with 2 different bullets, hence 2 different guns. 1 bullet - the one that shattered his arm - was fired from a high powered rifle, either SKS or AR (not sure of initials of high powered rifles, not a gun expert).

All of Chris's wounds were incapacitating, if not fatal. Jake can't argue that he shot with the SK whatever AND another weapon while standing in the yard with GW4 cowering nearby. Two people shot Chris Sr from the front yard with 2 different weapons.

Gary was also shot from outside. That was all made clear in the previous 2 days testimony,
My understanding form JW proffer was he murdered 5 and shot a 6th person but it was not the fatal shot. He claimed he murdered HR, DR, CRjr, FR and HG and shot CRsr from outside the trailer, and BW fired the fatal shot to CRsr, murdered KR and GR. I am waiting for the pros to state different. Betty you may be right and JW is lying (no surprise if he is), and the pros is waiting to use ballistics to impeach his testimony and put the DP back on the table.

It also kind of blows out of the water GW4s whole, I only went along so Dad didn't kill my brother. Actually, had one or both boys suddenly had a change of heart and shot/incapacitated or killed GW3, I doubt they'd even have had to serve much time. But that didn't happen, of course.
Jmo but wasn’t it Jake in his proffer that stated George went along for fear of Billy killing Jake not George stating it. I could be wrong.

IIRC, it hasn't been established that Chris Sr had a gun at the ready. All the guns shown yesterday were found inside his locked safe. Not to say there wasn't another gun somewhere in the living room, etc. but they haven't mentioned it yet if there was. Come to think of it, the BCI agents who testified earlier would have mentioned that.

I thought Hanshaw did say there were no defensive shots fired.

Last edited:
Jmo but wasn’t it Jake in his proffer that stated George went along for fear of Billy killing Jake not George stating it. I could be wrong.
Not in JW proffer. It was stated in one of the motions filed by GW4 attorneys in support of dropping the murder charges against gw4 after JW confessed. It's the same item on the docket that states JW killed 5 but shot a sixth victim without killing them

BW was using the ruse of finding his phone to get CRSR to the porch area. He asked CRSR to call his phone so he could find it. I'm thinking that meant BW stepped outside and away from CRSR so his sobs could open fire. That was all mentioned in AC's opening as information in JW's proffer.
I cannot image the horror CRsr experienced. MOO but I can imagine BW walking/standing in the yard like he is looking and listening for his phone while CR dials his number. Then JW opens fire CR would have ran back inside not knowing who is shooting with BR right behind him. CR would be thinking BW is getting out of the line of fire same as him, and BW then points his gun at CRsr. The confusion, shock and horror CRsr must have felt betrayed by his best friend and not even fully knowing why.

Only if BW didn't have his gun drawn, then GR would think someone was shooting at BW too? JW and GWIV were supposedly under vehicles...according to AC via JW's proffer.

Judging from the FERO scan image we saw yesterday, the lowest possible point for the front yard shots was behind the red brush hog/mowing deck equipment. It didn't reach far away enough for any vehicles.

Personally, I never thought it possible for anyone to lie underneath a pickup truck and be able to accurately shoot someone over 30 ft away. JMO, it seems difficult enough for a full grown adult male to fit underneath a pickup truck, let alone have enough room and line of sight to aim a gun and shoot it. If you're under a pickup truck, seems the best you can do is shoot somebody's angles or lower legs if they're somewhat close. JMO, I'm not an expert.

I cannot image the horror CRsr experienced. MOO but I can imagine BW walking/standing in the yard like he is looking and listening for his phone while CR dials his number. Then JW opens fire CR would have ran back inside not knowing who is shooting with BR right behind him. CR would be thinking BW is getting out of the line of fire same as him, and BW then points his gun at CRsr. The confusion, shock and horror CRsr must have felt betrayed by his best friend and not even fully knowing why.

Would have had to be standing within 3 feet of Chris, though, according to the ME's testimony? It sounded like all the shots were fairly close range. If he were outside, he would have to be standing on the porch, which would be in the line of fire.

We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Judging from the FERO scan image we saw yesterday, the lowest possible point for the front yard shots was behind the red brush hog/mowing deck equipment. It didn't reach far away enough for any vehicles.

Personally, I never thought it possible for anyone to lie underneath a pickup truck and be able to accurately shoot someone over 30 ft away. JMO, it seems difficult enough for a full grown adult male to fit underneath a pickup truck, let alone have enough room and line of sight to aim a gun and shoot it. If you're under a pickup truck, seems the best you can do is shoot somebody's angles or lower legs if they're somewhat close. JMO, I'm not an expert.

Shooter(s) would have to be lying just behind the mower (if firing from ground level). Maybe resting the rifle on the mower. No trucks in that area, I don't think.

My understanding form JW proffer was he murdered 5 and shot a 6th person but it was not the fatal shot. He claimed he murdered HR, DR, CRjr, FR and HG and shot CRsr from outside the trailer, and BW fired the fatal shot to CRsr, murdered KR and GR. I am waiting for the pros to state different. Betty you may be right and JW is lying (no surprise if he is), and the pros is waiting to use ballistics to impeach his testimony and put the DP back on the table.

It either would impeach Jake, or the proffer will later reveal that Jake changed his story and admitted George did kill someone. JMO, he gave different versions of the story in that 12 hour confession interview. AC is just giving us the first version in the beginning of the trial in order to prove why the defense is wrong. She's using the first part of the trial to publicly refute their argument. Just a thought. I could be wrong and have been wrong a few times in this case.

It isn't my understanding the 5 jw is claiming to have murdered. Do we know from his propoffer.

If he took care of FR And Gilley plus the 3 at DRs house I can't see him killing gr and Chris Sr. Or kr
It is not to say he didn't shoot the other victims but in his mind they weren't the dearth shots. 9 shots in body is a special kind of rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452