OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they all legal to own in the state of Ohio? CR1 had an impressive number as well. Lots of collectors out there too. Iirc, the Ws also hunted game such as wild boar. HMR asked permission to go one trip

The only one I saw that was of special interest, to me, under G4's name: SKS 7.62. 39
Under JW's name: Colt 1911 22

To me, the ammo and firearms were an example of sensory overload. o_O

IANA firearms expert, but, I have general knowledge, as an owner. Just my thoughts, because firearms, calibers, generations, terminology, etc...can get confusing. Especially if one is not familiar with firearms, and even if one is.

I personally would have used no photos of shells that didn't match earlier testimony provided by Ballistics, and I'd have highlighted firearms from the list, that Ballistics could match to those shells. In his testimony today, the agent says the shell, on the shelf, was of interest because a 22 long rifle was used. @7:09:00 of Day 17.

Agent White's, earlier testimony, states that the shells from DR's and FR's homes, were .22lr and after much research, discovered to be used in a Walther Colt 1911 (a semi rimfire type of pistol):

Law & Crime - Sept 12, 2022

Ballistics Testimony

Lots of shells, lists of firearms, and evidence of target shooting, was merely boring. Point out what matched up with ballistics, to what was on G4's list, and have your data straight. I may be the only one over saturated, and annoyed by details such as this, but this today, was only one example over the course of the trial.
BBM

I may be the only one over saturated

You are not alone.

JMO

Were they all legal to own in the state of Ohio? CR1 had an impressive number as well. Lots of collectors out there too. Iirc, the Ws also hunted game such as wild boar. HMR asked permission to go one trip

The only one I saw that was of special interest, to me, under G4's name: SKS 7.62. 39
Under JW's name: Colt 1911 22

To me, the ammo and firearms were an example of sensory overload. o_O

IANA firearms expert, but, I have general knowledge, as an owner. Just my thoughts, because firearms, calibers, generations, terminology, etc...can get confusing. Especially if one is not familiar with firearms, and even if one is.

I personally would have used no photos of shells that didn't match earlier testimony provided by Ballistics, and I'd have highlighted firearms from the list, that Ballistics could match to those shells. In his testimony today, the agent says the shell, on the shelf, was of interest because a 22 long rifle was used. @7:09:00 of Day 17.

Agent White's, earlier testimony, states that the shells from DR's and FR's homes, were .22lr and after much research, discovered to be used in a Walther Colt 1911 (a semi rimfire type of pistol):

Law & Crime - Sept 12, 2022

Ballistics Testimony

Lots of shells, lists of firearms, and evidence of target shooting, was merely boring. Point out what matched up with ballistics, to what was on G4's list, and have your data straight. I may be the only one over saturated, and annoyed by details such as this, but this today, was only one example over the course of the trial.

Prior to sometime in 2017-18, shotgun slugs and muzzleloaders were the only rifled rounds permitted for deer hunting in Ohio.

After the new regs were passed, they allow a straight-walled rifle cartridge. such as the relatively new .350 Legend, or even the much older 45-70, etc. Straight wall means the cartridge doesn't "neck down" or get a smaller diameter at the end, like a 7.62, 30.06, 30-30 or other high-powered round does. That 'neck down' creates more pressure making it a high power, high velocity round. Straight wall is a less powerful round.

Perfectly legal to own, but they don't allow you to hunt with a high-powered rifle in Ohio. I'm not sure about target practice, maybe at a designated range.

.22 long rifle is straight walled
.22 magnum is longer, but still straight walled
.22 Hornet is necked down, much higher velocity

.450 Bushmaster beside a 30.06
Straight wall versus Bottleneck

Straight-wall-vs-bottleneck-300x294.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
1h

Parker objected to most follow-up questions Canepa asked Jenkins. Both sides visibly frustrated. Jurors appear restless as well.
Jurors appear restless as well.

Well, I fell asleep twice during Billy's ramble today. That audio should have never been played in court since it has nothing to do with this trial and Billy never mentioned George's name once out of the other ten thousand names he came up with.

JMO

Was that Nash or Palmer? Just curious. It's not surprising, really. There's probably a certain group of attorneys who handle cases down in Pike and surrounding counties.
I forget the guys name, it is Billy’s lawyer the gray head guy. The one that always does the talking in Billy’s hearings. The skinny girl with the long brown hair with him was involved in that cop case too.

This is why it's odd to me for the defense to object to things they know will get admitted into evidence. Now they just highlighted something and the jury can see it all even if it's not used to determine guilt/innocence, it's sure is highlighting some things when it's admitted and it looks damning for the person on trial. Damning evidence + lots of defense objections = humm wonder why this is so important.
One reason, is to preserve the record for a potential appeal. If it's found that the prosecution was out of bounds, then that could aid an appeal. They can't object for no reason. There has to be grounds. The judge has to approve or deny based on those grounds. Just doing their job.

Jmo one thing I did catch in Billy’s interview was, can you really picture him being quiet and sneaking up on someone? They asked him something about being able to get in car or something. Didn’t he say he had broke his back in Oct or sometime? He just didn’t come across as the quiet no one sees me kinda guy.

Discussing exhibits that have investigative value.

Hanna's comments on FB message had investigative value, JMO

These messages between Tabitha and Hanna are very relevant. It reveals how GW4 pressured and abused her and reveals how, with Wagners hacking into these messages, their anger began to escalate.

People wonder how the Wagners could have chosen to make the decision to murder the Rhodens. Listening to Billy for a couple of hours should give us a good idea.
AC introduced those Hannah FB messages yesterday through Tabitha. She doesn't need to do it again today.

JMO

Jmo one thing I did catch in Billy’s interview was, can you really picture him being quiet and sneaking up on someone? They asked him something about being able to get in car or something. Didn’t he say he had broke his back in Oct or sometime? He just didn’t come across as the quiet no one sees me kinda guy.

Sounded like they were loading cattle into the car.

It's possible, but it would be more danger from burns. The bullet can't travel with velocity without being fired from a chamber and through a barrel. That only happens in movies.
Ha! tell that to my nephew who put a bullet on some rail road tracks when he was about 10 to see what would happen if a train ran over it. I don't know what kind of bullet. My oldest brother did a lot of deer hunting though. A train came by and ran over it. My nephew ended up having surgery because bullet fragments hit him in the stomach and side. Thankfully he survived to pull many other stupid stunts. Come to think of it I think he was the one who threw a bullet into our campfire while we were out hunting that exploded and hit my sister in the arm with fragments. Don't worry she just got a small scar, but has whined about it for about 50 years now. lol

JMO

I totally agree. I enjoy all of the testimony. I am glad that the young ladies that are victims of this family got to take the stand and tell their story. It does have value in this case. Many people knew about the custody issues. Hannah isn't hear to speak so others can speak for her. They are showing this isn't a snap decision to kill everyone, this was brewing for a year and the planning at least since Jan 2016. There is so much to it!

I even think George in some ways is a victim in this story. It is sad and we can't know all he reasons or what is going on in his head because he hasn't talked, didn't come forward with evidence against his family and so far has kept quiet. He has that right, but I think it would go far for him if he did speak. If he had came forward and said what he knew. If he really didn't shoot anyone and was along to protect Jake, he could have said that. He might have a 30 year deal right now instead of his mother and possibly some public support because how he grew up is twisted and his brain has to be all messed up. We have heard favorable testimony for George and that makes it all the more sad. People that knew him to be kind have a hard time believing he did this and that is probably true. We never really know what is going on behind closed doors and thankfully in this case we have some women that "got out" and spoke up before this crime and after.

BIBM
I think that he and JW both are victims but, being a victim doesn't mean you don't know right from wrong. After reading that JW's ex wife was accused of molesting one of the children and then "voted out" of the family, (I'd not heard the molestation accusation), I see a recurring pattern. Seems AW had a fear of something like that happening to the children. The young lady who testified prior to T., had been molested, as had T., and there was the incident with ole man R, who actually went to prison and GR divorced him, but stayed nearby (iirc). AW leaves OH to go into the military but can't cut it? I believe? Comes back home and marries pretty quickly. Has some pretty odd, even by rather strict religions, stances on procreation. Most will at least allow the rhythm method. I've begun to wonder if something very traumatic happened in her childhood/youth. However, murder is still very wrong, and what they did was horrific, and she still belongs in prison.

I totally agree. I enjoy all of the testimony. I am glad that the young ladies that are victims of this family got to take the stand and tell their story. It does have value in this case. Many people knew about the custody issues. Hannah isn't hear to speak so others can speak for her. They are showing this isn't a snap decision to kill everyone, this was brewing for a year and the planning at least since Jan 2016. There is so much to it!

I even think George in some ways is a victim in this story. It is sad and we can't know all he reasons or what is going on in his head because he hasn't talked, didn't come forward with evidence against his family and so far has kept quiet. He has that right, but I think it would go far for him if he did speak. If he had came forward and said what he knew. If he really didn't shoot anyone and was along to protect Jake, he could have said that. He might have a 30 year deal right now instead of his mother and possibly some public support because how he grew up is twisted and his brain has to be all messed up. We have heard favorable testimony for George and that makes it all the more sad. People that knew him to be kind have a hard time believing he did this and that is probably true. We never really know what is going on behind closed doors and thankfully in this case we have some women that "got out" and spoke up before this crime and after.
George was always the unknown for us. He never gave an interview with the media, and not many photos taken of him. We caught flashes of him trailing after Billy and Jake mostly with his head lowered. He just seemed to quietly go about his own business leaving us with a giant question mark about him. We have tried to figure him out for years now, why he would get involved and risk his own son to get custody for his brother.

Now we hear from people saying he was "bubbly, outgoing, like to make people laugh, fun to be around. helpful, generous with his time and money," and definitely patient with his wife who declared in court yesterday that had they not had that fight they would still be married since she still loved him.

I feel strongly that Angie not only sexually abused Tabitha at 11 but also George at 13 by making them sleep together at that age.

Anyone remember that school teacher Mary something who was caught having sex with a 13 year old boy who was one of her students and got pregnant by him. She got like 10 years or something for raping him. She got out of prison and married him. His mother also knew what was happening between them.

So easy for us to forget that young boys can be raped and sexually abused also.

JMO

Last edited:
I forget the guys name, it is Billy’s lawyer the gray head guy. The one that always does the talking in Billy’s hearings. The skinny girl with the long brown hair with him was involved in that cop case too.
Mark Collins. He represents a lot of LE in Franklin County. Rated as one of the best defense attorneys in Ohio.

Pretty sure I know the exchange you're referring to and she wasn't rude to the judge. She was temporarily flustered. It had to do with the file number assigned to one of the graphics in the Power Point presentation they were using for the testimony of the BCI agent.

JMO
I said I wasn't sure who she was talking to as I was trying to get some work done, I simply stated that the way the judge was looking at her i thought the shyte was gonna hit the fan,

Thanks. My guess is that he never receives any real money. My guess is any money would be tied up in the lawsuit and
the court assigns legal fees...I think.
Yup. When you owe restitution, child support, court costs, money to victims etc... They always take a certain amount out of your commissary account. It is a certain percentage, they leave you something so you can buy a few things and make some phone calls.

Jmo the first time I saw Billy’s lawyer I was like where have I seen this guy. Then I remember I was summoned for jury selection in the cop case and seen him there representing him. I just found that ironic that Billy mentioned that case in the interview then has the same attorney.
Is that the Joel Jenkins case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members