OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a year or so before the Rhoden Massacre. The cop who killed his neighbor lost his job and spent time in jail, IIRC.

Didn't have anything to do with Billy and family killing the Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. Some of the stuff Billy was saying to the BCI officers was intended to intimidate them, of all things. He mentioned how much money he and his mom and dad had. He talked about corrupt police. He was trying to send them a message. JMO, he had said the same things to local police for years. Sometimes it worked.
Jmo you are correct the cop thing happened prior to murders and he was sentenced prior to Wagner’s arrest. I was just listening to Billy talk and was saying many things he said was things said in pike county prior to the R murders. In my opinion their is a high likelihood at least one if not more of the jurors has heard some of things Billy said prior to the murders. Jmo

At one point AC got upset after an objection and side bar, and someone asked ,not sure who it was, about a number. She said hatefully "I don't know, I threw it away". Then proceeded to pick a document up and read a number from it. The way the Judge was looking at her I thought she was going to get her azz handed to her.
I wasn't able to watch all day today. I also don't think I've ever seen AC hateful.

Please explain and cite more about the incident.

JMO

I wasn't able to watch all day today. I also don't think I've ever seen AC hateful.

Please explain and cite more about the incident.

JMO

She wasn't hateful at all. She was just a little flustered, thanks to the defense harassing her. They had a really long sidebar with the judge, fighting over the evidence she was presenting about text and FB messaging of the victims and the killer Wagners. Defense was trying to make them remove certain slides from their Power Point presentation showing FB messages between Hanna and Tabitha, among others. Defense bickered back and forth over various slides, judge finally made a ruling, then he asked for slide number xxxxx. She couldn't find it or something. It was no big deal.

Jmo the first time I saw Billy’s lawyer I was like where have I seen this guy. Then I remember I was summoned for jury selection in the cop case and seen him there representing him. I just found that ironic that Billy mentioned that case in the interview then has the same attorney.

Billy told them Chris grew up rough but he didn't and that he was given a trust fund.

That doesn't mean he gets the money now, not sure when or how much etc.... But obviously Billy likes to remind everyone he comes from money.

In prison they will think he is rich and try to find ways to get whatever they can from him. Better for people in prison to think you don't have much.
Thanks. My guess is that he never receives any real money. My guess is any money would be tied up in the lawsuit and
the court assigns legal fees...I think.

Jmo the first time I saw Billy’s lawyer I was like where have I seen this guy. Then I remember I was summoned for jury selection in the cop case and seen him there representing him. I just found that ironic that Billy mentioned that case in the interview then has the same attorney.
Was that Nash or Palmer? Just curious. It's not surprising, really. There's probably a certain group of attorneys who handle cases down in Pike and surrounding counties.

BIBM

The road may be long to get there, but I'm along for the ride.
A long and boring road today. Even with Billy rattling off everybody's name from OH to SC I fell asleep twice somewhere between all the "I don't know nothing, but let me tell ya this."

I am wondering if that South Carolina business is tied into the Murdaugh case?

JMO

BW sounds like he has a mouthful of cud.

He was using the sheriff shooting as an example how corrupt PCSO was/is, IMO. He kept mentioning how corrupt they were/are providing examples at different times. That audio was painful to listen.

Let me tell you something,......pause to think up a lie I suspect....those GD MFers....blah, blah, blah

Imo

All those guns in the great deer hunter list, only the two Remington shotguns were legal for Ohio deer hunting at that time. At least one of the Remington shotguns wasn't suitable for deer hunting, the trap model.

edit: moo - GW4 probably shot all those deer as they grazed on a pile of corn!
Were they all legal to own in the state of Ohio? CR1 had an impressive number as well. Lots of collectors out there too. Iirc, the Ws also hunted game such as wild boar. HMR asked permission to go one trip

The only one I saw that was of special interest, to me, under G4's name: SKS 7.62. 39
Under JW's name: Colt 1911 22

To me, the ammo and firearms were an example of sensory overload. o_O

IANA firearms expert, but, I have general knowledge, as an owner. Just my thoughts, because firearms, calibers, generations, terminology, etc...can get confusing. Especially if one is not familiar with firearms, and even if one is.

I personally would have used no photos of shells that didn't match earlier testimony provided by Ballistics, and I'd have highlighted firearms from the list, that Ballistics could match to those shells. In his testimony today, the agent says the shell, on the shelf, was of interest because a 22 long rifle was used. @7:09:00 of Day 17.

Agent White's, earlier testimony, states that the shells from DR's and FR's homes, were .22lr and after much research, discovered to be used in a Walther Colt 1911 (a semi rimfire type of pistol):
Bullets collected in these scenes and during the autopsies showed they (DR, HMR, CR2, FR, HHG) were instead killed with a .22 caliber, rim-fired, brass-washed, lead bullet
Prosecutors said Jake Wagner led them to the murder weapons, which were recovered from a large pond on the Flying W Farm property, and the GMC Sierra the family bought and later stored in Athens County to carry out the murders. Court documents revealed a Walther Colt 1911, a Glock and an SKS were found in the pond along with buckets of concrete.
Law & Crime - Sept 12, 2022

White said he believed all of the .30 caliber bullets recovered from the first crime scene, where Chris Sr. and Gary were found dead, were fired from the same gun. No cartridges for that firearm were ever recovered for comparison.

White then worked to try and identify what kind of firearm likely would have fired the bullets. An SKS rifle was the likely culprit for the .30 caliber high-powered rounds discovered at Chris Sr.'s house, White said. That particular gun is not extremely common, he said.
The firing pin impression on the rim-fired cartridge started rectangular, but became a wedge shape at the end, while most rim-fired firing pin impressions are fully rectangular or circular, said White. Additionally, the pin impression did not extend past the rim of the cartridge — another unusual detail, White said.
---
White said he examined several test fires with several different Walther Colt 1911 pistols and corresponded with the manufacturer's design engineer in Germany. He ultimately determined this was the kind of gun used to fire the .22 caliber shots that killed FR and HHG at the second crime scene and DR, CR2. and HMR at the third crime scene.
White tells the jury all .40 caliber S&W cartridge casings match form same gun. All .40 caliber projectiles match as same gun. He can't necessarily say the casings and projectiles are the same. -- After comparing the firing pin impression to several different generations of Glock pistols — starting from the fifth generation and working his way back — White said he believed the pistol was a second-generation model.
Ballistics Testimony

Lots of shells, lists of firearms, and evidence of target shooting, was merely boring. Point out what matched up with ballistics, to what was on G4's list, and have your data straight. I may be the only one over saturated, and annoyed by details such as this, but this today, was only one example over the course of the trial.

Lost connection twice today, so I know from reading I missed critical parts of the testimony on the texts and leading up to the .45 shell being stricken from the record. I saw the .22 shell on the shelf, then lost the connection.

We've lost our twitter posters.
I think WCPO9 went down. I tune in there and there was nothing but a blank YT screen this evening.

George did get an honorable mention today. The BCI agent said he excused himself and went into the house. Then they threw up a text he sent to Billy and a list of the guns Jake said he owned. Let's all cross our fingers we hear more about George tomorrow. Like a BDay gift from the jury. "Happy Birthday George, here is my gift, it's a guilty on all counts verdict."

JMO

Maybe the jury is beginning to disagree. The last thing the prosecutor should do is anger the jury. The prosecutor should be putting herself in the seat of the juror. What is the juror seeing and hearing? What is the juror thinking of this evidence? Am I making any sense to the juror? Are the witnesses confusing the juror? Who is on trial here?
Who is on trial here?
BBM

This.

JMO

Right. Many people simply collect guns like a person collects anything else. Same with knives and swords etc...

But then what happened to all the Wagner guns? Up in AK Billy told his neighbor he only had one shotgun to protect the children from bears. Neighbor warned Billy about the bears.

They may have failed to properly declare them at the border or fill out the appropriate paperwork. They may have left them behind rather than deal with the declaring them. Very different gun laws.

E Z Border Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member