OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shooting hobby and gun collecting is huge. Having guns doesn't mean you're out to kill people.

One of my favorite evenings of the week, Wednesday Night At The Range from 7-11pm on Outdoor network. :)
Right. Many people simply collect guns like a person collects anything else. Same with knives and swords etc...

But then what happened to all the Wagner guns? Up in AK Billy told his neighbor he only had one shotgun to protect the children from bears. Neighbor warned Billy about the bears.

Last edited:
This is a difficult case to follow. Some of the testimony, while it may be necessary, is mind numbing. I'm following, but am hoping/waiting for that, "beyond a shadow of a doubt" moment when it all comes together. I have felt that AC may be nervous at times, or maybe it's her trial demeanor. I've never seen her try any other cases to compare though. I've been a bit concerned at times, tbh.
AC does appear nervous, also scattered and inexperienced. I can find no info on line about her credentials in trial law so I can not address that subject. I did read she has been a lawyer for over 30 years. my statements are my opinion.

That was hilarious. Can you imagine how many people are mad at him after hearing that? He's probably glad he's locked up.

And nearly every cockeyed scheme and possible suspect he threw out in that interview ended up nearly word for word on social media, some even here. JMO, Canepa seemed to allude to some of that when she questioned the BCI agent. She asked, WRT Billy's talk about $20,000 that Chris owed him being in a safe at Chris's house. Canepa made sure to ask that no one related to the investigation released that information to the public. No one did from the investigation, so it must have been the Wagners spreading that story around. I can recall several times reporting posts to Mods here about that darn safe.
Hope Billy sleeps tight tonight....

Lots of people are probably "unhappy" with him today. Both on the inside and the outside.

JMO

Jmo I am listening to Billy and this may not help prosecuter as much as they think. Billy is telling stories that many in pike county have heard before jmo

Right. Many people simply collect guns like a person collects anything else. Same with knives and swords etc...

But then what happened to all the Wagner guns? Up in AK Billy told his neighbor he only had one shotgun to protect the children from bears. Neighbor warned Billy about the bears.
The guns may be stored somewhere...Flying W?

The W4 had to have known they would need to declare the firearms when crossing the Canadian border. I suspect they were mostly left in Ohio.

Canadian border rules regarding firearms

JMO

Good call. I doubt the Wagners wanted to bring a @#$%& load of guns over the Canadian border and since they hid the murder guns at FWF they probably stashed their other guns over there in an out building or way back buried somewhere.

I don't believe Billy when he told his AK neighbor he only had one shotgun.

AC does appear nervous, also scattered and inexperienced. I can find no info on line about her credentials in trial law so I can not address that subject. I did read she has been a lawyer for over 30 years. my statements are my opinion.
Respectfully, I don't agree with your opinion of AC. I thought she was spot on today and yesterday.

JMO

Respectfully, I don't agree with your opinion of AC. I thought she was spot on today.

JMO
I kinda like when she's coming back after cross and then comes back again. She does not give up when the defense is trying to "one up" her or make some point. She has went back several times and clarified and then clarified again when the defense tries to be a little shady. I love that.

Jmo the irony of it is Billy has the same lawyer as the one that shot his neighbor
Can you explain a little more about when Billy shot his neighbor.
I didn't know anything about this incident.

JMO

Respectfully, I don't agree with your opinion of AC. I thought she was spot on today and yesterday.

JMO
People don't realize the huge cognitive load it is to do this 5 hours a day, framing questions, dealing with the defense objecting to everything. Yesterday, it was not easy to interview TC, who is clearly still experiencing life trauma and had to relive a lot of difficult things yesterday. It's also not easy to pay attention to all of this information. (This is why many white collar crimes go unprotected; it's very difficult to lay out days of complex, detaiIed information over a period of weeks. I think Canepa is doing a good job. I think we have lots of old Law and Order episodes where the evidence takes 10 minutes to outline and then...bam...guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe