OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo the recordings were not as damming to George as was presented.

Canepa said the truck recordings will be more damming against George. Read this yesterday but lost track of where I read it.

I am guessing it's when BCI bugged their work long road hauler semi.

I hope this is true. Will post link if I find it.

Only the audio tapes are in evidence.
Judge has not allowed transcripts of audio tapes to be entered into evidence. Judge has ruled for the defense.
Transcripts prepared by prosecution witness are open to her interpretation, thus the ruling.
This is probably a defense tactic. No one understands those tapes, hence they are meaningless as evidence for the prosecution. Currently. Maybe if replayed during JWs testimony and he says...I said this, I said that, then it will become clearer to all of us.

The most important thing I got out of the tape this morning is that JW was able to see the floorplan of Dana's trailer she had just moved into. Imo.
That's important. Who was he telling this to?

Read yesterday that Jake was asked to put up a crib at Dana's, put off doing it, then went over and did it. I do believe this helped him figure out Dana's floor plan.

I am trying to find the link. I will write more things down from now on. There is specific information from the trial, then there is twitter, articles, other poster's posts, etc....Alot to keep track of.

Last edited:
How much does the defense team get paid by the hour, from Ohio taxpayers?

Just a wild guess, at least $100/hr per man. In this situation I wouldn't be surprised at all to find it's a heckuva lot more. Don't ever call your lawyer on the phone, that's $100/hr with a half hour minimum. I lost $3k just returning phone calls with one, talk 3 minutes, get billed 30 min.

Out of the loop today, did hear some of the audio, but don't think I missed much.

This is painful!!!! The defense is objecting to almost everything. I know it is for appeal but it's over the top and to me is a strategy to throw everyone off. There has to be a limit.
For these to be the most important criminal trials in Ohio history, the judge doesn’t seem to mind wasting the jury’s time.

I’ve watched 3-5 trials just this summer. In every other trial, the judge has gone out of their way to try to make the jury feel respected & try to make to trial process go as smoothly as possible. Because the jury is the most valuable component of the trial, most judges want their juries to feel appreciated, the last thing they want is for juries to feel like their time is being wasted. As I watch all the unnecessary objections & time-outs that truly should have been handled pre-trial, I barely see this judge even making a half hearted attempt with this jury or to rein in the defense. I feel like he could have worked the audio/transcript issues out between the attorneys. Instead, he’s actually making the jury’s job much harder than it needs to be with these recordings. Is he watching them? I have to wonder how in-tune he is with his jury.

Side note: I’m equally frustrated with the state. They knew these recordings were a mess. There HAS to be a better way.

How much does the defense team get paid by the hour, from Ohio taxpayers?
I hope they get paid extremely well, the Ohio taxpayers are paying for both sides, and the Judge, and all the BCI and LE, so these trials are very expensive so IMO having a good defense means that the Ohio taxpayers only have to pay for the trial one time,

and the defense leave no objection, they make sure the state sticks to all the rules and regulations, that the Judge rules on every single objection fairly and within the rules, so that all the victims and the state have a one and done, and we are not here again in a few years having another expensive trial because somet5hing was not done correctly the first time

That's important. Who was he telling this to?
JW secretly recorded HR when he would pick up or drop off SW, recordings were found on laptop the state seized at the border, DR can be heard on tape encouraging SW to show her dad round her new house and to her new bedroom, much of the recording is unintelligible but that was the gist of what I heard,

I hope they get paid extremely well, the Ohio taxpayers are paying for both sides, and the Judge, and all the BCI and LE, so these trials are very expensive so IMO having a good defense means that the Ohio taxpayers only have to pay for the trial one time,

and the defense leave no objection, they make sure the state sticks to all the rules and regulations, that the Judge rules on every single objection fairly and within the rules, so that all the victims and the state have a one and done, and we are not here again in a few years having another expensive trial because somet5hing was not done correctly the first time
Is this still considered a capital case?

Is this still considered a capital case?

until JW testifies to the satisfaction of the state, once he has testified and the state feels he has fulfilled his end of the plea agreement then it is no longer a DP case,

I am not sure what happens if JW does not testify to the state's satisfaction, as the DP will be part of the penalty stage as a punishment for GW if convicted, BW trial will then be a capital case, and what happens to JW guilty pleas I don't know, but he will become DP eligible

what happens if AW testifies to the satisfaction of the state, but JW doesn't - I have no idea how they will parse that, as AW will have done enough for her 30-year sentence, but if JW has put the DP back for himself, his dad and his brother would the state not put it back for her

I think JW made his plea mostly to save AW and GW, but AW was his main priority,

That is for federal cases.
Thanks! This is what I was looking for:

If the attorney puts the time in required to investigate a case, prepare for trial, attend pre-trials, and argue it before a judge and jury, he may end up working for less than minimum wage on an hourly basis, according to Ohio Public Defender Tim Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member