OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand not being on video anyway. JW pic/video has been all over the news for years.

They are in jail. If you don't want to be on trial video... don't commit crimes. Dang
ITA. If anyone had a right to opt out it was EW. And she bravely opted in. She was so fearful she changed her SSN and hid her address. Imo.

Probably not. I'm frustrated by all of it

I am irritated we missed a full day plus of JW testimony, which is what we've all been waiting YEARS for. I feel robbed and trying hard not to be that way because when it comes down to it, It doesn't affect me. I am genuinely happy for the families who could be there.

But what the heck are we missing now? I thought they were filing Jake away & going to another witness.

So I'm wondering (and don't shot the messenger.. lol) if Jake's lawyers are behind him opting out? If he hasn't been sentenced yet and it's possible if the deal fall through he goes to trial, then could him opting in on video maybe taint a jury pool for his trial or could it be used against him somehow. I just think opting out also sounds like a lawyers advice for someone that isn't sentenced yet.

So I'm wondering (and don't shot the messenger.. lol) if Jake's lawyers are behind him opting out? If he hasn't been sentenced yet and it's possible if the deal fall through he goes to trial, then could him opting in on video maybe taint a jury pool for his trial or could it be used against him somehow. I just think opting out also sounds like a lawyers advice for someone that isn't sentenced yet.

I don't see JW opting in or out having any effect on jury. It's not part of the evidence, therefore not something up for consideration.

Derek Myers

@DerekMyers
·
12m

Replying to
@DerekMyers
Judge Deering says the rule prohibiting media filming is not his rule, but that of Ohio. He has permitted the testimony of Jake Wagner to continue today with the hearing still on for tomorrow.

Dambit!

Yet I am truly cheered at the thought if possibly seeing AW's testimony. The odds sound more in the media's (our) favor now.

So it occurred to me that the W's were committing crimes basically their entire lives. They had plenty of practice at not talking on the phone and just not discussing the crimes after in order to not get caught. If they were stealing from businesses and not getting caught they had practice at not being on video as well and not leaving a trace behind. So while this may have been the first time they went on a murder spree, it was not their first rodeo with criminal activity and not getting caught. They learned through all those other crimes that they could go undetected if they did xyz. I wonder if they left phones at home those times also and did recon to learn where cameras were located and all that. ugh

Interesting that this was filed now, instead of before Jake's testimony began.

Almost like someone wanted to use it to disrupt Jake's testimony. JMO

I believe the media had to wait until the next person opted out to make this filing .. and that happened to be Jake. The past few witnesses have opted in so they didn't have a chance to file it any sooner. Remember the guy that stood up in the court room to say he objected and he got removed from the court room? That was what allowed them (or him) to file this. IMO

https://twitter.com/DerekMyers
Moments ago, the media won a restraining order (for lack of better words) achieving two things:

1. Jake Wagner’s testimony must cease until the court holds a hearing as to why his testimony may be shielded from the public.

2. The media and public are now free to come and go from the court room, as opposed to being locked in/out during proceedings.

Media lawyer
@jackcgreiner
has joined the case and has requested a hearing be held to determine if the testimony of Jake Wagner can be filmed in the trial of #GeorgeWagnerIV

It is unclear if Judge Deering will obey the higher court’s ruling, and if so, when such a hearing would be held.
@jackcgreiner
, on behalf of the media pool has asked for advance notice of hearing so his firm may attend. The court is on an “extended lunch break” as of now.

Besides Mr. Myers' twitter page, a copy of the Order is posted on page 1 of this thread.
Moments ago, the media won a restraining order (for lack of better words) achieving two things:

1. Jake Wagner’s testimony must cease until the court holds a hearing as to why his testimony may be shielded from the public.

It said in the order if Deering ignores the restraining order there will be a mistrial declared.

Deering ignored it and told them to bring Jake in for questioning which is still going on.

So what now?

Jmo but I think many people wanted to hear the testimony and I don’t think DM has any ties to Wagner’s. I don’t personally care for DM but he is trying to do what many people wanted. Jmo
Okay, why didn't he bring the complaint before this.

I just meant if locals following the case heard his testimony they might have a hard time being impartial to be picked to be on a jury if his ended up going to trial due to a collapse of the deal.

I mean...I don't even understand how they found enough locals for a jury that wasn't following the case in the first place.

But I don't think JW's deal will collapse...unless there is a mistrial & he refuses to testify in a new trial. I do not think that will happen. His sentencing doesn't happen until after trials are completed for both GW & BW. I'm optimistic there won't be a mistrial. HOWEVER! If GW somehow wins a new trial on appeal - that might be a whole nother ball game.

Jake has confessed, he's not going anywhere. Let's live in the moment & not stress about either till that happens.

I just meant if locals following the case heard his testimony they might have a hard time being impartial to be picked to be on a jury if his ended up going to trial due to a collapse of the deal.

This is so complicated I can't even find out if Jake could even have a new trial if his deal collapsed. He already pled guilty so if his deal collapsed it should only affect his sentencing. Like he would need a DP sentencing trial. A trial to decide if he receives the DP.

As I said, complicated.

Jake appears to be giving what the prosecution wants on a silver platter, implicating George in everything, so I believe his plea will stand and he won't face the DP. Of course he would have to do Billy's trial but he has already implicated Billy many times so I believe his plea would still be good after Billy's trial.

What matters is that the 3 guys end up with LWOP. I want to see all 4 sentenced to prison. Angie with her 30 years, 26 now, no early release and no parole. And see all 3 guys sentenced to LWOP.

When all this happens, hopefully no later than 2023, it really will be over for good. Not the wreckage they caused, but all the justice served. Most likely they will be in high, maximum security prison settings. No "cushy" low security with the more freedom that comes with that. They will probably be locked into their cells alot.

We can find out what prisons they are sent to. Probably keep the 3 guys in separate prisons. Jake for sure being kept away from his dad and brother.

Last edited:

It said in the order if Deering ignores the restraining order there will be a mistrial declared.

Deering ignored it and told them to bring Jake in for questioning which is still going on.

So what now?
Defense wins! We're right back where we've been the last 4 years. GW4s case tied up in court until the public stops paying attention, the budget runs out and they quietly drop charges and set him free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18