OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This has been said so many times, I'm sure I say it in my sleep.

The principle of "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal principle that applies to all aspects of the judicial process. The general public (that would be us) is allowed to have their opinion as to guilt or innocence based on information that is publicly available before trial. Obviously that opinion can change if/when information comes out to the contrary or once a jury has spoken.

Members here should not be afraid to state their opinion either way. If you disagree with that opinion, state your disagreement but do not badger other members with a view to belittling their opinion or trying to get them to think otherwise.

Please debate without ridicule, state your case, move on, scroll and roll, or if you just can't handle it, use the Ignore feature so you will not see their posts.

Thank you.

I wasn't intending to reference Billy as a lay minister. I was just adding up that there are so many ministry references in general around all this and historical references to Piketon RR2. I apologize if the vagueness led to confusion.

The case against Angela and "William" was in '03. George 4 would have only been 12 years old. I think "William" is Billy, but if not then who else might it be?

I apologize. I wandered somewhere out in left field on that one. Maybe it's just an error, he may have gone by Billy, and whoever wrote it down, just put down William . George is not usually the name that is associated with Billy. Billy is usually short for William.

Kenneth Rhoden, Gary's dad said that Gary was shot 3 times.
It was the autopsy report that said Gary was shot with larger caliber bullets.

I don't see anything about Gary being shot with 2 different caliber bullets. If anyone finds that please post and link. Thankx.

“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs. Shot three times in the head,” Kenneth Rhoden said.
'It’s a sad day, a very sad day:' Father attends first Rhoden funeral

".....His cousin, Gary Rhoden, 38, was found dead in the same trailer; a "muzzle stain" on the side of his head indicates one of the three shots he received to the head was made with the gun pressed against him.
Information about the kind of bullets found was not included in the reports..... "
Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports indicate one victim was awake when fatally shot
  • Larger caliber bullets were used to kill 37-year-old Gary Rhoden.
  • Gary Rhoden (age 37): Three “contact” wounds (head).
.........Rhodens shot in head at point-blank range

According to Junk, he does not believe the murders were the acts of one person.

That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.

Pike County murder investigation continues; fundraisers for victims begin

Thanks. This video doesn’t state what you are in search of. Each time I watch it, I feel so heart broken for this man.
A few things he says- “more than one, I’d say more than 2” and ‘worked at the Bear Lake, him, Chris, and TWO more boys”. Does anyone know if Billy might have worked at BBL?

It's been cut out I believe. I remember him stating it in, I believe, this very video. I caught the "two other guys" comment, and that somebody had to know something b/c there wasn't "no doors busted down". He also guessed there was more than two people. He said "It was laid out".

Pike County murder investigation continues; fundraisers for victims begin
According to Junk, he does not believe the murders were the acts of one person.
That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.

Thankx. This might be where speculation occurs that Gary was shot by 2 different caliber bullets. It was speculated that Kenneth Rhoden, Gary's dad, had said this. So this is where it comes from.

My opinion only---is that the 2 different bullet casings that were found were not an indication that Gary was shot with 2 different guns, I think Chris was shot by one killer and Gary was shot by a different killer with a different gun.

But it is possible 2 killers were shooting one victim at the same time, but I tend to think they split up with each killer "assigned" to one certain victim.

For example, in Dana's house 3 rushed in and each one went separately after one of the 3 victims. But it does appear Chris Jr. did hear something even though the murders happened very fast. Exception, Chris Sr.

Last edited:
I admittedly don't know a lot (anything) about firearms and ammunition.
Can someone give me a brief primer?
Are certain sizes of ammo specific to certain types of weapons - shotgun, pistol, automatic weapon?
And in general what are the types of weapons/ammo suited for? Close range, hunting, murder, loudness, etc?
TIA

They had brass catchers so they used semi auto pistols most likely. JW had photos of a pair of Colt 45 1911s Iirc, and a HKP30, on his FB. These may have been just guns he had on his wish list and were not actually owned by him. Thought I'd toss'em out there though.

Attachments

• FB Gun.jpg
    FB Gun.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 22
  • FB Guns.jpg
    FB Guns.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 21
Thankx. This might be where speculation occurs that Gary was shot by 2 different caliber bullets. It was speculated that Kenneth Rhoden, Gary's dad, had said this. So this is where it comes from.

My opinion only---is that the 2 different bullet casings that were found were not an indication that Gary was shot with 2 different guns, I think Chris was shot by one killer and Gary was shot by a different killer with a different gun.I

But it is possible 2 killers were shooting victims at the same time, but I tend to think they split up with each killer "assigned" to each victim .

BBM
I think so too. Two dif shell casings, and two shooters. It's even possible that one shell casing was one of the victim's and one was the killer's.

BBM
I think so too. Two dif shell casings, and two shooters. It's even possible that one shell casing was one of the victim's and one was the killer's.

Good thinking "outside of the box." That a shell casing could be from a victim's gun. Could be a victim pulled a gun that night and got off a shot, but I seriously don't think they had time to shoot, just maybe time to grab or draw a gun at the most.

Do we know what type/caliber (calibre?) gun KR kept under his pillow?

Only that KR2 said that he kept one. The ones I posted may not be the type firearms used, I just found them interesting that JW'd posted them.

Good thinking "outside of the box." That a shell casing could be from a victim's gun. Could be a victim pulled a gun that night and got off a shot, but I seriously don't think they had time to shoot, just maybe time to grab or draw a gun at the most.

I only think of CR1 as potentially being capable, b/c of the possibility that he was coming out from his room. If he'd been sleeping there, and also slept with one nearby, he may have gotten a round off before they unloaded on him.

how can you say they are guilty before there is even a trial, and I worry about ppl that may be selected for jury duty who will say they believe in our constitution but feel an accused is flat out guilty before they even see the evidence.

It is good to put the state to test, to make them prove their case, it is our right as the community for as much as our protection as well as the accused to hold the state's feet to the fire, then when all is said and done, IF and only if the evidence proves guilt beyond all reasonable doubt do we say they are in fact guilty.

Yes, if we are charged with that civil duty. But it cannot be legislated that opinions cannot be formed beforehand.

I ask you again, have you read the discovery to date?

I only think of CR1 as potentially being capable, b/c of the possibility that he was coming out from his room. If he'd been sleeping there, and also slept with one nearby, he may have gotten a round off before they unloaded on him.
IMO, if CR1 had reason to keep a safe on the premises, CR1 likely kept a gun at arms length, at all times.
JMO

Last edited:
I just looked. Here's a George, Jr. who received a nice chunk of change from 1995-2017:

1 George Wagner Jr Piketon, OH 45661 $ 683,898.17
Oddly, Jake - Edward J. Wagner - has also received farm subsidies for many years.... Wasn't aware he owned land, before the Peterson property.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member