OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge had no choice. Have to follow protocol. See above post...( #1591 )

The description by Canepa, of the phone conversations, sounds incriminating and very deliberately done by both---they admitted as much. Those conversations were not a simple "mom I had to hear your voice and how is grandma doing?"

And those conversations were not a "one off," not just a couple phone calls, sounds like quite a few.

For these reasons I think there is a 75% chance Rita will end up back in jail.

If she stays out of jail I'm guessing it would be because she is her mother's care giver.

:cool:....My 2 Cents....:rolleyes:

IMO, she needs to hurry up and find someone or someplace to care for her mom cuz time is quickly running out. I’m sure if found guilty they won’t give her a 2nd chance or give her time to go home, pack her clothes and find someone to granny sit. Jmo

IMO, she needs to hurry up and find someone or someplace to care for her mom cuz time is quickly running out. I’m sure if found guilty they won’t give her a 2nd chance or give her time to go home, pack her clothes and find someone to granny sit. Jmo
You bring up interesting points...

First off, we already know she's guilty of talking to Angela so no question there. Judge Deering said it would exacerbate the situation if she and Angela were talking about the case, which I assume means both of their cases.

Judge Deering takes this very seriously and I do think if they were talking about their cases that Rita will likely end up back in the slammer.

Your points are interesting because they bring up the questions of #1. What exactly happens if House Arrest is revoked? #2. Will she be remanded immediately to jail? #3. Would she get time to find a care giver for her mom? #4. Shouldn't her lawyer be telling her to get her affairs in order ASAP in case she's heading back to jail?

Prosecution files motion to revoke Newcomb’s bond - Times Gazette

"...During Thursday’s pretrial, Newcomb stated she does not have caller ID. However, Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa told the court the motion regarding revocation of bond was not based on “inconsequential conversations… These are lengthy discussions where they acknowledge they should not be talking.”

Deering said he takes very seriously any violations of the terms of Newcomb’s release, but added conversations between Newcomb and Wagner, in which they discussed the case, would exacerbate the situation..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members