OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this make me think they've got nothing?? Someone tell me I'm wrong. Why didn't they ask before today? My security camera only saves video for 48 hours. God...

No kidding. We talked about cameras more than a week ago.
This has me thinking we should maybe call in a few suggestions, tips!

IMO, regardless whether marijuana grow ops and/or growing marijuana are a way of life there to many or if that's just how you roll there, it is still illegal. From reading and following national news every day, there are plenty of marijuana grow ops in many, many places in the U.S., not just Ohio obviously. And JMO, just because it's common to see and/or hear of those types of things there, still does not make it right, nor should it excuse that it allegedly was taking place at one or more of the Rhoden's properties/residences. Do I think it is a reason to murder 8 people, obviously that answer is no, nobody deserves to have their lives taken in such a horrific manner. Could the marijuana grow ops have played a role in their deaths....we do not know and will not know until further information is released. This is all JMO.

Repeating what everyone else is saying, but why are we just now asking for cameras now :/ most businesses - and probably residential, no longer have footage from then.. I truly hope they asked before today and are just now putting it public that they are seeking security footage.

They also announced two tip line billboards.

"Attorney General DeWine and Sheriff Reader also reemphasized their request that informational tips from the public continue to be called in to the tip lines," the release stated. "Space on two billboards has been donated to publicize the numbers. The billboards are both located on U.S. 23 as you enter and exit Waverly."

The release also stated that, to date, over 500 tips have been received in regard to the investigation into the shooting deaths of eight members of the Rhoden family on April 22 in Pike County. Anyone with information regarding the case is still urged to contact either the AG's office or the Pike County Sheriff's Office to leave an anonymous tip.

"The signs went up near Dakota's and Vallery's Collision Center. If all goes well, pictures of the Rhoden family will be placed above the sign in the near future," said Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader. "We partnered with BCI to put up the billboards so that people will see the numbers and feel free to call to give info anonymously."

Those wishing to leave an anonymous tip are asked to call either (855) BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or the Pike County Sheriff's Office at (740) 947-2111.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_86069832-dbca-5b09-b207-8581537d7879.html?mode=jqm

"If all goes well...."

Doesn't quite inspire confidence. :(

I have to wonder if people aren't telling investigators everything they might know.

I can't get the past the fact that all of the crime scenes are connected to BBL via the woods. I think that's how the killer/s travelled. At least to get to the three sites closest to each other. KR is the exception. JMO.
They are? Wow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a friend whose 80+ year old mother was going through chemo b/c of cancer. The after effects of the chemo were nearly killing her. She could hardly eat, had no appetite, stayed nauseated. This person finally talked her into trying marijuana to relive her pain and nausea. It did. Last I heard she was doing a lot better. It has been shown to attack certain cancer cells. However, a lot of people use it for the side effects of cancer treatment such as pain management and nausea. Another use is for seizure control, and it is truly remarkable in that area, and has been documented. People have uprooted their families to move to legalized states so they can treat their family member who has intractable seizures. It is that effective.

Using marijuana to ease side effects is one thing, thinking it's going to cure you of cancer is another. Show me a scientific study proving marijana cures cancer that's been published in a legitimate medical journal like the new england journal of medicine. You can't, because it doesn't.

If marijuana was the miracle cure for cancer, oncologists would have been curing their cancer patients with it for years. Again, I'm not talking about helping with symptoms of nausea etc...that's quite possible. But just because a couple of studies have shown cannabis sometimes kills certain cancer cells, doesn't make it a cure for cancer. Battery acid and pure ammonia also can kill cancer cells, but good luck curing your cancer by drinking or eating them.

Again...if you really have cancer, se an oncologist and follow aggressive treatment as they recommend. Don't buy into these alternative bs treatments that have not been shown to work under rigorous scientific study and trial. 'hearsay' and 'stories and rumors' of cannabis curing cancer is not scientific, it's wishful thinking.

I can't get the past the fact that all of the crime scenes are connected to BBL via the woods. I think that's how the killer/s travelled. At least to get to the three sites closest to each other. KR is the exception. JMO.

Big Bear Lake (actually, Lake Frasure) is 8.39 miles as the crow flies from the closest (Left Fork) murder scene and roughly another 3 miles as the crow flies to the Union Hill Road locations. You think the killers walked 8-12 miles to the murder scenes, through the woods, across farms and residences to murder the Rhodens and then walked back? Instead of taking the back roads that would easily allow them to drive to these locations without barely touching a blacktopped road?

Okay, I don't see it, but that's JMO.

Big Bear Lake (actually, Lake Frasure) is 8.39 miles as the crow flies from the closest (Left Fork) murder scene and roughly another 3 miles as the crow flies to the Union Hill Road locations. You think the killers walked 8-12 miles to the murder scenes, through the woods, across farms and residences to murder the Rhodens and then walked back? Instead of taking the back roads that would easily allow them to drive to these locations without barely touching a blacktopped road?

Okay, I don't see it, but that's JMO.
No. I guess I was referring to the back roads. I'm not totally familiar with the map as I said and stand corrected.

No. I guess I was referring to the back roads. I'm not totally familiar with the map as I said and stand corrected.

Yes, back roads would allow you to leave BBL located just off of St. Rt. 104 and drive with the only state route to cross being 772. With a few deft turns, you could be on Left Fork road and then from there, the back way onto Union Hill. Sorry, I thought you meant they were literally walking through the woods at night lol!

Repeating what everyone else is saying, but why are we just now asking for cameras now :/ most businesses - and probably residential, no longer have footage from then.. I truly hope they asked before today and are just now putting it public that they are seeking security footage.

They likely already checked the closest gas stations and stores to the crime scene. Getting the public to go back through the video footage they have and call it in isn't a bad thing. Also, if you have a CCTV system with a quality camera it should be accompanied by a head unit of similar quality, and that head unit should be able to store several months of compressed data. For a business you would want at least a couple months of storage. A home system as long as you can record enough video to go on vacation you would be fine.

I'm cautiously optimistic they have suspects and are just trying to get additional evidence to nail down the timeline and prove premeditation.

In the beginning, it was either Dewine or Reader that said that two of the surviving children were taken to the hospital. I assumed it was the 4 day old and the 6 month old and that they were making sure that they were not suffering from dehydration. Why not take the third child as well?

Interesting. I cannot find it now but didn't one of the earlier pictures show KR on a motorcycle? I looked through the media link but didn't find it but I am sure I saw it among the first pictures released when this case first broke.

You are not losing your mind. :) The picture you speak of is on the "Memories Kenneth Rhoden" Facebook page.

In the beginning, it was either Dewine or Reader that said that two of the surviving children were taken to the hospital. I assumed it was the 4 day old and the 6 month old and that they were making sure that they were not suffering from dehydration. Why not take the third child as well?

Well, it was reported that the 4 day old was found in bed with HR, it was implied by LM that the 6 month old was in bed with FR and HG, it has never been implied where FR's 3 year old was, which may have been in another room away from the carnage. So the youngest may have been taken in to be checked out, cleaned off, checked for potential evidence being on them due to them being potentially so near to the crime scene. JMO. I'm sure the other child had immediate medical attention on scene with EMS, but the others may have needed a more thorough check due to potentially being in bed with them.. And more than just being cleaned off at the scene. JMO.

I wonder why Hannah Gilley's 2016 timeline posts have been removed from FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member