OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It keeps bothering me that KR wasn't found for so long & cameras were taken. Money thrown on KR's legs. It seems someone(s) spent some time there staging it..cleaning it up or out.

Their distance from towns is similar to mine. Our nearest town is about a 20 minute drive. If you go one direction to one town there is a very small run down gas station that is rarely open and hasn't had cameras the last 2 instances of break ins, but that's legitimately the only thing you have before you get to "town" which consists of a gas station and a dollar general. If you go the other way there IS an unadvertised, with no real signage, so I'm so not even sure but I think it's like a Ma and pop repair shop, it's a big garage and always has cars sitting outside, but since they are almost always plated, change from time to time, and sometimes are crashed up cars, I assume it's a business run by the guy that lives next to it. I'd almost be willing to bet he has cameras up. So it's definitely possible there could be places like that along the way that may have cameras that aren't your standard gas stations, grocery stores, etc.. Or even people that own a lot of farming equipment, that stuff isn't cheap. I know one of the guys on our roads has cameras up on his barns for security and for keeping an eye on his animals, and I'd imagine he gets a glimpse of the roads. Other than that, by us it's all fields and trees, which seems to be a lot of the same scenery around there. Trail cameras aren't really going to be set up next to a road unless they were for security purposes IMO.

I also know growers who have cameras. I wish we knew if the Rhoden's did. I feel like they would, but I don't know. I know Daily Mail said KR did and they were gone, and I might believe it. They have also said these people did what they could to interfere with the investigation, so I wonder if the Rhoden's did too and their gone.

This case just boggles my mind so much. So many different scenarios and so many questions. I've been trying to hope that they've had their eyes on someone, but nearing 3 weeks I'm getting worried. But maybe they are just waiting for someone to make a mistake.. Or maybe they really have almost nothing.

I think they are bound to have something, they just may not have all they need yet to solidify an arrest and case against the killer(s).

Is that a typo of 150 cars, or did they have vehicles in the woods that the helicopters didn't see? They must've pulled them most out after the media left, or they would've been all over that.

Two Rhoden locations may have had video cameras, up to 150 vehicles have been towed per neighbor.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Wow!

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it.

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all time, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old."

"Manley’s youngest daughter, Bobby Jo Manley, told The Enquirer that Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer at 799 Left Fork Road. She said she knew they were there because she had cleaned his trailer on occasion. She said she did not know if authorities had obtained any video footage from those cameras."

"On Monday, he and Bobby Jo Manley said, authorities towed a semi-tractor trailer from the property. Bobby Jo Manley said it had “flea market stuff” in it. Four of the cars that authorities have taken are her cars, she said."

I've wondered about motion lights. SO common out here in the boonies so that you can actually see when coming home and see when someone pulls in. So that's interesting.

Let's say it was the front door that was locked when BJM got there, because we truly don't know if she went in back or front, but it would make even more sense that whoever did this could have entered through the back and knew how to not trip the lights. Or maybe they tripped the lights and that's why CRsr and GR were not in bed.

Could this also be some of the video they have obtained and maybe they were in masks and couldn't see the car, so they are trying to see if they can time up other video with it?

The article also states 2 crime scenes having video (per relatives) so would that include the Daily Mail reporting KR, but didn't DS say they were gone? But now BJM also used to clean KR's and doesn't know if they got footage? I wonder if he had a hard drive it was saving to.. Same with CRsr.. But if they had the videos, the people had to have had masks on, right?

GOSH. Nothing makes sense. So much but so little information in that article.

Maybe they are getting close..

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

Manley’s youngest daughter, Bobby Jo Manley, told The Enquirer that Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer at 799 Left Fork Road. She said she knew they were there because she had cleaned his trailer on occasion. She said she did not know if authorities had obtained any video footage from those cameras.

Since the investigation started, Leonard Manley said, authorities have taken between 100 and 150 vehicles from the properties in and around Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s home as well as a backhoe and another piece of farming equipment.

On Monday, he and Bobby Jo Manley said, authorities towed a semi-tractor trailer from the property. Bobby Jo Manley said it had “flea market stuff” in it. Four of the cars that authorities have taken are her cars, she said.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Is that a typo of 150 cars, or did they have vehicles in the woods that the helicopters didn't see? They must've pulled them most out after the media left, or they would've been all over that.

There is that huge garage that I suspected could be related to the grow op, but maybe it had tons of cars in it (too?) let's say CRsr and DR were reconciling and maybe he was living over at DR and had the grow op in his trailer? We really don't have anything lol. We just don't know either way.

ETA: it also said in and around the properties, so perhaps FR's, maybe there were cars on other properties that weren't actual crime scenes.. Like the 4 cars of BJM's that were towed.

Now I almost feel like they know and are playing games.. I mean they know something... Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The former military experience could account for the way this murder was carried out, how they got in and out so smoothly, how they could get past dogs, locks, and creep on sleeping people. Could even account for how they could see in the dark.

Maybe I am wrong but aren't a lot of military taught urban warfare?]

I considered the idea that it was ex-special forces guys who carried out the hit (assuming it was a "hit"), but the dogs are a problem, assuming the dogs weren't all killed. Maybe someone who is ex-special forces could comment on how they dealt with guard dogs during their nighttime raids in Iraq and Afghanistan? Getting past the dogs is what makes me think they must have been acquainted.

And BJM only cleaned his trailer on "occasion" but now it IS interesting that she didn't think to check on him. Though there could be many reasons, either confusions through phone calls, and since she uncovered at least one crime scene, I'd say she was pretty busy being talked to by police. JMO.

There is that huge garage that I suspected could be related to the grow op, but maybe it had tons of cars in it (too?) let's say CRsr and DR were reconciling and maybe he was living over at DR and had the grow op in his trailer? We really don't have anything lol. We just don't know either way.

ETA: it also said in and around the properties, so perhaps FR's, maybe there were cars on other properties that weren't actual crime scenes.. Like the 4 cars of BJM's that were towed.

I also wonder if it was a chop shop would they count part of a vehicle as one.

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it."

Probably means there's a number of tentacles and players, and why they can't release much info. Along with finding these suspects there could be arrests for other activities connected.

100 to 150 came from LM, so it's possible that the numbers are too high.

Still, investigators aren't going to haul off a large amount of vehicles just to make the place neater and less of a theft magnet, or so I would think.

Gotta be something hinky about the vehicles.

Perhaps not with every single one of them, but something sure seems to have caught their interest.

I also wonder if it was a chop shop would they count part of a vehicle as one.

I wouldn't think so, depending on how big of a part you are talking, though if they could prove different VIN's or VIN's scratched off, maybe. I would think they would count shells of cars as one though. But it was LM that said 100-150 cars, maybe authorities told him that, but that's a big gap, and maybe he overestimated, I mean were they out counting every single one?

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it."

Probably means there's a number of tentacles and players, and why they can't release much info. Along with finding these suspects there could be arrests for other activities connected.

100 to 150 came from LM, so it's possible that the numbers are too high.

Still, investigators aren't going to haul off a large amount of vehicles just to make the place neater and less of a theft magnet, or so I would think.

Gotta be something hinky about the vehicles.

Perhaps not with every single one of them, but something sure seems to have caught their interest.

Oh I can almost guarantee they are doing more than just solving this. I have a feeling this opened a big can of worms and is starting many other criminal investigations or assisting in other criminal investigations that probably involve people not even remotely related to the murders. JMO.

150 cars from there. Almost sounds like the county impound lot. Ours is big out here, but you don't get your car unless you pay the fees which are compounded daily. Plus, a flat fee of $150 or something like that. It is also a junk yard that sells parts.

I mean.. They started towing cars from day 1.. Wasn't there 2 initially towed from the crime scene the day of, one being JM's truck? Didn't they also say one of the vehicles could be connected to the crime when they towed those 2, though they never got specific. Then they waited until the big funeral to go tow some more.. And the day after for a few more (or at least they were to report back to tow more?) now that's a big increase from up to 18 last week and now 100-150.

I missed an article or something. How did we get to 100 -150 cars towed ?

Also, LM states CRsr had 2 cameras. But it's possible he had even more than LM knew about.

He also said you could see the car and who was in it. I'm not sure if he was referring to the camera, or to the flood light that can light up quite a bit to where you actually can see the person in the car and could identify them, (assuming you knew them.)

Why would they haul off a backhoe and whatever other piece of farm equipment?

Possibly stolen?

Or of some potential value worth seizing?

And the trailer with "flea market stuff?"

Been meaning to say that trailer looked like it probably hadn't been moved in some time.

There is a photo on FR's FB when he was in high school that shows that trailer in the same spot next to what looks like a garage.

He's holding an animal in his arms in that photo. My memory wants to say it was a fawn?

Lordy. Some answers leading to more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr