OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, LM states CRsr had 2 cameras. But it's possible he had even more than LM knew about.

He also said you could see the car and who was in it. I'm not sure if he was referring to the camera, or to the flood light that can light up quite a bit to where you actually can see the person in the car and could identify them, (assuming you knew them.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Ohio cars have plates on the front..But Wv don't so maybe they was from out of town and the request for other videos is looking for a plate to be caught on one...if they pulled in and then backed out and no plate was caught at CRsr.

Why would they haul off a backhoe and whatever other piece of farm equipment?

Possibly stolen?

Or of some potential value worth seizing?

And the trailer with "flea market stuff?"

Been meaning to say that trailer looked like it probably hadn't been moved in some time.

There is a photo on FR's FB when he was in high school that shows that trailer in the same spot next to what looks like a garage.

He's holding an animal in his arms in that photo. My memory wants to say it was a fawn?

Lordy. Some answers leading to more questions.

Stolen, obtained illegally, connected to bad money, or a million other reasons.

My MIL has a semi trailer in her yard with flea market stuff. So I don't find that too strange LOL. She sets up yard sales every summer and they set up at flea markets on occasion around here to make extra money. It's basically where all the junk from the house nobody wants anymore goes.

I know Ohio cars have plates on the front..But Wv don't so maybe they was from out of town and the request for other videos is looking for a plate to be caught on one...if they pulled in and then backed out and no plate was caught at CRsr.

And realistically, even though 2 plates are required in OH, some people don't abide by that.. And someone going to commit a murder maybe didn't even have plates on it when they pulled up. Again, anything is possible. I'm just curious if he meant the cameras could see the car and person clearly, or the bright lights, or both. Who knows. My mind is going a million miles a minute.

Stolen, obtained illegally, connected to bad money, or a million other reasons.

My MIL has a semi trailer in her yard with flea market stuff. So I don't find that too strange LOL. She sets up yard sales every summer and they set up at flea markets on occasion around here to make extra money. It's basically where all the junk from the house nobody wants anymore goes.

It's not strange to me!I have a truck driver for a husband.We have one in the field beside the house.Locks up water tight !All my Christmas decorations and stuff I don't have room to store in my house and he sure don't want it in his garage.(lawn mowers and such in there no pot growing)

It strange to me!I have a truck driver for a husband.We have one in the field beside the house.Locks up water tight !All my Christmas decorations and stuff I don't have room to store in my house and he sure don't want it in his garage.(lawn mowers and such in there no pot growing)

Right, my in laws don't grow pot either haha. They ran out of room and found a hella deal on a trailer and it's been there for years now collecting junk that she breaks into and sells from time to time. Not to mention their broke down like 6 vehicles scattered throughout their yard. Country livin'!

Personally, if I'm going to murder 8 people, I'm running with stolen plates on a different stolen vehicle. And running without a front plate as you noted if I can get away with it.

Interesting to know that about WV. I wonder if KY requires front plates?

Personally, if I'm going to murder 8 people, I'm running with stolen plates on a different stolen vehicle. And running without a front plate as you noted if I can get away with it.

Interesting to know that about WV. I wonder if KY requires from plates?

"As of September 2009, the following states require only a license plate on the back bumper: Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and West Virginia."

https://www.quora.com/In-what-states-do-I-need-to-have-a-front-license-plate

Interesting to know that about WV. I wonder if KY requires from plates?

No we only have rear

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but that backhoe (or A backhoe) was sitting near Frankie's trailer. It also looks like in aerial photos that there are more cars extending kinda angled behind Chris's trailer. May be more than we really realized.

I would like information about the whereabouts and activities of CR1, KR, and the other adults in the days and hours before their deaths. Often the last person(s) to see a victim before their death know something about how they died.

Yeah, to have been the proverbial 'fly on the wall' for the last 3 days would speak volumes.

"Three people can keep a secret, but only if two are dead" - Vincent Bugliosi.

To me a 4 wheeler at night isn't that odd. Our neighbors are often out romping around in the fields, especially during hunting season looking where they want to set up in the morning. I think it depends on what is normal near you. We have several people nearby that are always out on them day and night, so it never phases me. If they weren't regularly out at night and I heard it, then it would be weird, but most people aren't thinking a murder or crime is being committed, certainly not in a small town like mine, and might note it as being strange but not do anything until they hear so and so was murdered or this crime happened. JMO. We do also have neighbors with electric golf carts that we don't hear, we just happen to see when they are illegally driving down the roads.. Ahh, country life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, they are every where around here too. But not normally common between 2:30 - 7 a.m.

Wow!

"Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it.

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all time, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old."

"Manley’s youngest daughter, Bobby Jo Manley, told The Enquirer that Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer at 799 Left Fork Road. She said she knew they were there because she had cleaned his trailer on occasion. She said she did not know if authorities had obtained any video footage from those cameras."

"On Monday, he and Bobby Jo Manley said, authorities towed a semi-tractor trailer from the property. Bobby Jo Manley said it had “flea market stuff” in it. Four of the cars that authorities have taken are her cars, she said."

I've wondered about motion lights. SO common out here in the boonies so that you can actually see when coming home and see when someone pulls in. So that's interesting.

Let's say it was the front door that was locked when BJM got there, because we truly don't know if she went in back or front, but it would make even more sense that whoever did this could have entered through the back and knew how to not trip the lights. Or maybe they tripped the lights and that's why CRsr and GR were not in bed.

Could this also be some of the video they have obtained and maybe they were in masks and couldn't see the car, so they are trying to see if they can time up other video with it?

The article also states 2 crime scenes having video (per relatives) so would that include the Daily Mail reporting KR, but didn't DS say they were gone? But now BJM also used to clean KR's and doesn't know if they got footage? I wonder if he had a hard drive it was saving to.. Same with CRsr.. But if they had the videos, the people had to have had masks on, right?

GOSH. Nothing makes sense. So much but so little information in that article.

Maybe they are getting close..

100 to 150 cars. It's mind boggling especially in a crime scene.

She feeds animals, she cleans trailers, AND she owns 4 cars? Not bad for someone from an economically depressed area.

Do any of these people have regular jobs, (other than DR and HR who worked in the medical field) or are they all just doing really really well in their self employed ventures? 100 to 150 cars, a semi, a backhoe, and farm equipment? sigh. I am in the wrong business.

Interesting to know that about WV. I wonder if KY requires front plates?

Ky has rear plate only.

100 to 150 cars. It's mind boggling especially in a crime scene.

She feeds animals, she cleans trailers, AND she owns 4 cars? Not bad for someone from an economically depressed area.

Do any of these people have regular jobs, (other than DR and HR who worked in the medical field) or are they all just doing really really well in their self employed ventures? 100 to 150 cars, a semi, a backhoe, and farm equipment? sigh. I am in the wrong business.

We don't know if they were nice cars.. Or even running. I have 5 cars sitting in my driveway. One has exploded airbags, one needs a muffler, one is a handicap van for my son, and 2 are daily drivers. Far from rich. -- it also seems like she had family that knew how to work on cars. They could've bought very cheap cars that needed some work she could get done easily from family.

CRsr owned a lot of property, he could have inherited the farm equipment.. Or obtained it in a sketchy fashion... Or maybe it's even being borrowed. Or storing it for someone else. If anyone had access to some cash, I'm guessing CRsr was one of them. A couple hundred plants will bring in some money, even if it's ditch weed. He was also a carpenter, which can definitely generate some cash - especially the ones I know that get paid under the table JMO.

Either way, we know illegal activity was going on. And DR and HR being CNA's - or the equivalent of, is not usually a great paying job. I know I make more than the CNA's at my hospital and their job is a hell of a lot worse than mine.

All JMO.

Why would they haul off a backhoe and whatever other piece of farm equipment?

Possibly stolen?

Or of some potential value worth seizing?

And the trailer with "flea market stuff?"

Been meaning to say that trailer looked like it probably hadn't been moved in some time.

There is a photo on FR's FB when he was in high school that shows that trailer in the same spot next to what looks like a garage.

He's holding an animal in his arms in that photo. My memory wants to say it was a fawn?

Lordy. Some answers leading to more questions.
Pretty much every farm in our area has at least 1 semi trailer on property. They are amazing for storage!

Looking online, it seems some of the people who are looking for him are from Ironton, OH, in Lawrence County. Ironton is not far from Greenup, KY, less than 10 miles.

It is pretty much a hop, skip and a jump from Ironton to Greenup. MAYBE 15 minutes, depending on which side of the river you take. It's a short trip across the bridge from Ironton, OH into Russell,KY and down US23 a ways to the city of Greenup, which is in Greenup County. Once your cross the bridge from Ironton into Russell, Kentucky, you are officially in Greenup County.

Good Lord....I've just done a re-read of this and I feel like I've probably just confused you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME