OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned this before, but thought I'd bring it up again. I wonder if someone was searching for Hanna's pain pills. When I had my son 8 months ago, I had random people on Facebook ask me if I wanted to get rid of any pain pills. Smh. Sounds petty to have killed 8 people over, but apparently the RX drug thing is very out of control.
I wonder if any of the others who were killed had prescription pain meds for back injuries. I'm thinking if they did demolition derbies, they're essentially having multiple car accidents. I know first hand how much damage that can do to a spine, even at speeds less than 40mph...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks! And, yes...the amount of burglaries around here that are specifically related to prescription drugs is UNREAL. Not only are they looking for narcotics of some kind, but they're looking for things that are easily sold/pawned/traded for a quick buck to get it on the street. Power tools seem to be a favorite item for the taking, any type of gun, easily moved electronics, etc. I live in a small town (population 5,000 and shrinking thanks to coal and steel cutbacks) and even here, where I grew up not locking my doors and playing outside after dark....it's bad. Sadly, my kids will never experience that same kind of freedom I had back then, and it sucks!

I jokingly tell people that "I still don't lock my doors when I leave my house. It's the only way I can afford to feed my German Shepherd". :D

This whole story is sad. I thought I had a good handle on what happened and why until my husband pointed out that my theory with the cars might be wrong and maybe they were just stolen and that's why they were towed, not because they had anything to do with motive. Blah 46 years with that man this month and he shoots down my theory like that? Worse still he won't even venture a theory of his own. I'm telling ya men are unfeeling beasts.

im sorry, not that it's better but I'm pretty sure they feel they are just far better at avoiding sensitive subjects than us

O/T: I just learned something new (and actually feel rather dumb about it) while reading about the Appalachian area.

I live on the coast of SC, but I'm a HUGE Clemson fan (hence the CU--Clemson University--part of my username). Both of my parents went to school there, so I was born and raised to love it. So anyway, I'm just now learning that Clemson is part of Appalachian area (Pickens County)!

I guess that makes sense when I really think about it. There's even a story written about Clemson that many fans refer to often... the famous line states, "there's something in those hills." The story is about bonds formed, loyalty, and pride.

Clemson is one of my absolute favorite places to visit in the fall. Not only to watch my Tigers play but to also see the beautiful leaves changing colors. I truly can't believe I never knew this before now... fascinating!

04b8682f5522a1c4d3a0c808359cf344.jpg

I mean, just look at those beautiful hills... ;)
Ok, okay... back to the topic at hand.

Don't know your situation but wouldn't a fenced in area have worked for the dog?

Maybe. I dont know. I have a business...about 20 boarders, several lesson students, and buyers. Gypsy was used to roaming over our farm.... and then she just started lunging and biting. Including me. I wasn't going to take chances. She was a wild dog before Mike Got her.... the reason he was given her was she was anti social and dangerous.. she was good on my farm for several years and then it changed... and was scary. My DD and Dh had to be careful with her... and then she refused to come to house, stayed under trailer. Mike had to put her food and water under trailer because she would not come to house........and then she started lunging and biting at anyone who passed by....

I agree with some of that. I hope they find the killers and restore peace to these communities. But as time goes by, the news media moves on. Local people won't forget, nor will local LE.

We've seen it happen here at WS - big cases that grab lots of national attention, lots of money spent, investigations, etc. and a few years later, it goes cold. A recent one gone cold was the kidnapping and killing of Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook in Evansdale, IA. The case received international attention, LE investigated everything and everyone, the community turned out in droves, yet here they are today, still with no answers. But local LE is still working the case, the local townspeople haven't forgotten.

I hope that's not the case for Pike County. These people need a break, they're frightened and on edge. They deserve a break, as do the families and friends of the victims.

We discussed a few threads back that the murder investigation is not being done in a vacuum in this case as there are so many other crimes that need to be pursued. The grow op, the chickens, the car ring (if there is such..). As these parallel investigations take place, I suspect that we may see an arrest in one of these areas first, which hopefully will lead to someone spilling their guts.

It sounds like you might be on the same track I was led down about a week ago. That rabbit hole is deep, dark, and twisty. Don't get stuck down there... It's hard to get out! :)

And it just keeps going. Down, down, deeper and darker the further you go.

I hate to show my ignorance but what is a shatter lab?

"Shatter" is just a marijuana concentrate. If you've ever heard of hash oil, it's similar, only shatter is in a hard form. It's not dangerous. The extraction process can be dicey b/c the chemical used (butane) is extremely flammable and is also explosive, so if it's manufactured in an enclosed space, and there's a an ignition point, it can/will start a flash fire.

I've mentioned this before, but thought I'd bring it up again. I wonder if someone was searching for Hanna's pain pills. When I had my son 8 months ago, I had random people on Facebook ask me if I wanted to get rid of any pain pills. Smh. Sounds petty to have killed 8 people over, but apparently the RX drug thing is very out of control.

In Pike County, that would be a distinct possibility, but why travel 10 minutes away to kill her uncle?

In Pike County, that would be a distinct possibility, but why travel 10 minutes away to kill her uncle?

Not to mention the prescription post having a baby is not that significant. While people kill for crazy things and want their narcotic pain killers, I'm guessing 8 people weren't murdered over HR's one time pain prescription following having her baby. JMO.

I hear ya. And obviously I don't know the answer!!! I would like to think that rx drugs wouldn't cause the death of 8 people. But just wanted to throw it out there again, for anyone wanting to ponder. I honestly don't have a theory in this case. I can't for the life of me imagine what would cause someone to murder an entire family at 4 different locations. :/

This may have been discussed, if so, forgive me. I was thinking that maybe the murders were committed for one reason, by certain person(s), not even related to the illegal activity(ies) going on, but, now that that hornet's nest has been opened, they have not only got just the murders to investigate and collect evidence on, but, any and all illegal activity that they may have stumbled onto when finding the victims. I'm only aware of the illegal crops being made public, but if there's more, as a lot of us have theorized, there's no telling how long it may take to catalog evidence.

A meth lab, of sorts. Shatter is made though, not meth. It is made from marijuana and from what I understand, is a fairly new drug.

Actually, not all that new. It is made by taking the cannabis product, compressing it in a tube and forcing butane into the tube. As the butane liquefies, it drips out the other capped end and is collected. The butane is then allowed to evaporate which leaves what is commonly known in the marijuana world as honey oil. It used to be made on a small, local basis for the most part, but has become commercialized and gained popularity in recent years as it can be smoked in the e-cigarettes.

A meth lab, of sorts. Shatter is made though, not meth. It is made from marijuana and from what I understand, is a fairly new drug.
I don't think it's like meth or a new drug. I think it's just become more popular. It is marijuana but the shatter lab extracts the oil from the marijuana. The end result is marijuana oil. That's the simplest way I know how to describe it. Its like a new fad drug for curing pain and cancer. I'm not saying it cures cancer but I've been hearing a lot about it curing cancer in the last couple of years. I never really read up on the extraction of it until now. Reading on the different chemicals used I don't doubt that some probably kills more than cancer though.

I wonder if any of the others who were killed had prescription pain meds for back injuries. I'm thinking if they did demolition derbies, they're essentially having multiple car accidents. I know first hand how much damage that can do to a spine, even at speeds less than 40mph...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not to mention the prescription post having a baby is not that significant. While people kill for crazy things and want their narcotic pain killers, I'm guessing 8 people weren't murdered over HR's one time pain prescription following having her baby. JMO.

I agree... but there's always the slight possibility. I would like to think not. But it's probably the only theory I haven't heard yet.

I'm sorry guys!!! I'm responding to the wrong post!! I don't post much, so it's confusing to me!

"Shatter" is just a marijuana concentrate. If you've ever heard of hash oil, it's similar, only shatter is in a hard form. It's not dangerous. The extraction process can be dicey b/c the chemical used (butane) is extremely flammable and is also explosive, so if it's manufactured in an enclosed space, and there's a an ignition point, it can/will start a flash fire.
I thought shatter was just part of the process of getting the oil? From my understanding you can use a range of things from butane to olive oil? I'm really ignorant about this other than what I've read in the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298