OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I want to add that here in my town, the local diner opens at 3 am for the farmers to come get their biscuits and coffee before starting work at 4 or so.... so I am definitely NOT surprised at starting work on something at 5:30!

Thanks, I agree with that. My grandparents were farmers, too. They got up early and drank that strong black coffee.

My question had more to do with whether Kenneth could do much work on the cars outdoors with little light. I suppose he could hang a light or something.

I'm guessing because of the track, maybe they removed the door so that they could seal the opening, not because the door had any evidentiary value.

But why board up the windows also? Idk either way is plausible I just don't see them removing the door for no reason a pad lock would work

Back in the very beginning someone had said this would never be solved, time would go by, the press would stop, people would forget about it...
I think that honestly depends on who the killer is. There have been previous posts about another murder of a mother and daughter who were killed in a similar fashion, no idea if it's connected.
My gut tells me it's family, or at least someone very close. Their routines were known, they knew how to bypass the dogs and cameras...
But there are many twists, many variables.
The potential car chop shop
The grow ops
The family dynamics
The medical businesses

The number of gunshots is important. Some have theorized the number of injuries each victim sustained is important. I agree if for no other reason than no information on this has been released.

My hope is that whomever did this will start talking. Maybe they will feel over confident and make a mistake. I find it hard to accept that no one knew what was going on at each site. The family knew, they had to. The fact that they haven't spoken indicates, at least to me, that they are afraid. So I suppose the next question should be, who is powerful enough to frighten them into silence? And the next question perhaps who benefits from these peoples' deaths?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back in the very beginning someone had said this would never be solved, time would go by, the press would stop, people would forget about it...

I agree with some of that. I hope they find the killers and restore peace to these communities. But as time goes by, the news media moves on. Local people won't forget, nor will local LE.

We've seen it happen here at WS - big cases that grab lots of national attention, lots of money spent, investigations, etc. and a few years later, it goes cold. A recent one gone cold was the kidnapping and killing of Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook in Evansdale, IA. The case received international attention, LE investigated everything and everyone, the community turned out in droves, yet here they are today, still with no answers. But local LE is still working the case, the local townspeople haven't forgotten.

I hope that's not the case for Pike County. These people need a break, they're frightened and on edge. They deserve a break, as do the families and friends of the victims.

I am actually from the county in Kentucky that has been mentioned, so if anyone has any questions about the county itself (as in locations/specific laws/etc.) feel free to ask. I was born and raised here, so I know a lot of people and I am very familiar with families much like the Rhodens.

One thing I see people focusing on is the cars, and while I understand that this is a concern because there were 18 of them towed (possibly more later on), I'm having trouble making a connection to the murders in any way that doesn't sound far fetched to me. Around here, especially out in the country, finding farms or farmland dotted with car shells and cars in various states of disrepair is not uncommon. And, there are literally 20-30 of these tiny used car lots with repurposed salvage cars, just in my county alone. Our neighboring counties are no different. I swear it seems like they're on every corner. It's hard for me to imagine that these guys had any kind of car racket going on like this that would warrant the murder of 8 people.

As for the weed...I just don't know. I am a hardcore news watcher, so I'm fairly up to date on the happenings around our area where drugs are concerned-plus, it's a fairly small area, so you hear about what they don't bother with putting on the news. It used to be the Florida-Kentucky pill mill problem...lots of opiates-oxycontin-percocet-hydrocodone. Once Kaspar was introduced and the authorities cracked down on these kinds of operations (both local and away), heroin made its way in to town, along with meth, bath salts, flakka...and a new one (for which a fairly large distributor was just busted in a local No-Tell Motel) called Alpha, which is basically like Meth with different ingredients as far as I could tell. As far as what is "trending" in the area? Heroin and Meth....with pot basically being an afterthought these days.

Alpha arrest- http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/New-Alpha-drug-operation-busted-in-Greenup-Kentucky-373877481.html

A lot of our heavier drugs come by way of the Detroit-Kentucky pipeline. There are an awfully lot of Detroit related arrests these days, usually always mixed in with a group of local people. I believe GR's parents (mom and stepdad) were a part of this when it was really just seeing its beginnings around here....which is how they came to have the record that has been discussed here.

Regardless, drugs are heavy around here. Super heavy, and super bad. I was recently reading that our tri state area (Kentucky-West Virginia-Ohio) has been plagued by a HUGE increase in overdose related deaths due to some Fentanyl laced heroin that has been making the rounds.

Fentanyl OD Report- http://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rec...cle_89189a0e-0b9f-11e6-9a67-4b72fef4f39e.html

There could easily be a Kentucky connection somehow, but I cannot wrap my head around it being simply about weed or cars. Don't get me wrong, I know people have been killed for way less...but this is a family of 8 people. Whoever did this was meticulous, and they had to know the movements of this family because of Dana's recent move, the relatively obscure location of KR's camper, the dogs, etc. We are talking about 7 adults and 1 sixteen year old...all people who moved around on different schedules. How did they know they were even home? How did they know DR had moved and where to find her? If they didn't know she'd moved, it stands to reason that BR may have been victim #9 if they'd gone there looking, right?

*sigh* So many questions!

Welcome to Websleuths!

What are your thoughts on Hillbilly justice and could that be what has happened? TIA

Someone mentioned maybe bands from a bank were present, but you're right, IIRC Daily Mail said it was dollar bills.

AG said he did not think that sounded accurate but was quick to follow that he wasn't going to be shooting down every rumor. So whether he didn't think the money being found was accurate, or the amount, or he just was denying anything, again, who knows.

I dont think DS just picked a number...or maybe he did...so for some reason he had 1000 on his mind. JMO

I agree with some of that. I hope they find the killers and restore peace to these communities. But as time goes by, the news media moves on. Local people won't forget, nor will local LE.

We've seen it happen here at WS - big cases that grab lots of national attention, lots of money spent, investigations, etc. and a few years later, it goes cold. A recent one gone cold was the kidnapping and killing of Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook in Evansdale, IA. The case received international attention, LE investigated everything and everyone, the community turned out in droves, yet here they are today, still with no answers. But local LE is still working the case, the local townspeople haven't forgotten.

I hope that's not the case for Pike County. These people need a break, they're frightened and on edge. They deserve a break, as do the families and friends of the victims.

My hope is they are dotting every i and crossing every t. And soon .... BOOM.

But why board up the windows also? Idk either way is plausible I just don't see them removing the door for no reason a pad lock would work

IF IF IF Chris jr ran out of Dana's house and was pursued, perhaps there are gunshot holes in the barn door. JUST a possibility. JMO

I'm guessing because of the track, maybe they removed the door so that they could seal the opening, not because the door had any evidentiary value.

There is only a top track, therefore, when it's windy the door will lift UP and possibly off track. My barn has latches inside so you can secure it so that won't happen. I have a Morton Barn, and they guarantee if doors are latched and secured from inside that gust of wind up to 100 MPH and stuff like that won't damage door... so in my opinion the door could be locked from inside. Again...from my experience of having barns for 30 years...they can be secured from the inside.

Thanks, I agree with that. My grandparents were farmers, too. They got up early and drank that strong black coffee.

My question had more to do with whether Kenneth could do much work on the cars outdoors with little light. I suppose he could hang a light or something.

I would say that in Ohio, with the bad winters they have, if he regularly worked on cars he had an indoor place to work on cars in the cold/snowy bad weather. We have torpedo heaters in our barn and I'm in Tennessee where it is not nearly as cold and we don't get a fraction of the snow.... just food for thought.

if if if chris jr ran out of dana's house and was pursued, perhaps there are gunshot holes in the barn door. Just a possibility. Jmo

yes. This.

IF IF IF Chris jr ran out of Dana's house and was pursued, perhaps there are gunshot holes in the barn door. JUST a possibility. JMO

This is what I'm thinking.

I firmly believe that that 911 call was edited and incomplete. JMO

I believe the same. But I swear she says "gotta" or "needta check on Frankie". Which would explain already knowing about Frankie to flag down the deputy already coming for the first scene. Then after finding FR and HG, next stop DR et al.

That's what I think. I think he is the one with 9 GSW and it's because he tried to run. Somewhere there's an interview with LM where he says his son saw DR and backed out so she was not in her bed. So maybe CRJr wasn't either.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

She does say that, at the end when the 911 operator is finished speaking to her. I'm new to websleuth and i sure hope I don't break any rules while trying to catch up on all the comments that's already been made. Is the shatter lab that was discovered in February allowed to be brought up?

Okay, I don't know how that got posted as a reply to "mr kitty" post. It was supposed to be a reply to one of the 'blood everywhere' posts. Sheesh!
Oh thank goodness [emoji12]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Or an ongoing criminal enterprise/conspiracy. That would buy you a lot more time than simple car theft.

It sounds like you might be on the same track I was led down about a week ago. That rabbit hole is deep, dark, and twisty. Don't get stuck down there... It's hard to get out! :)

She does say that, at the end when the 911 operator is finished speaking to her. I'm new to websleuth and i sure hope I don't break any rules while trying to catch up on all the comments that's already been made. Is the shatter lab that was discovered in February allowed to be brought up?
I had not heard about thr shatter lab but just googled an article about it. Who was arrested for that? Is the investigation ongoing? Any tubes on the sides of the buildings in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties