OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think $1000 was found on KR. Even if DS could count that high do you think he counted it? No. It was at best a guess and at worst very sloppy reporting.
What confused me regarding the $1,000 is that the DM article stated iirc that it was all in $1.00 denominations. That's 1,000 pieces of paper. To me there's no way that can be accurate. Now 10 $100 bills, I can see someone making a quick guess at that. But didn't the AG or sheriff debunk that? Or at least say they thought "it didn't sound accurate"?
I interpreted that statement to mean he didn't believe it was $1,000 in dollar bills, not that the money wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What confused me regarding the $1,000 is that the DM article stated iirc that it was all in $1.00 denominations. That's 1,000 pieces of paper. To me there's no way that can be accurate. Now 10 $100 bills, I can see someone making a quick guess at that. But didn't the AG or sheriff debunk that? Or at least say they thought "it didn't sound accurate"?
I interpreted that statement to mean he didn't believe it was $1,000 in dollar bills, not that the money wasn't there.

Someone mentioned maybe bands from a bank were present, but you're right, IIRC Daily Mail said it was dollar bills.

AG said he did not think that sounded accurate but was quick to follow that he wasn't going to be shooting down every rumor. So whether he didn't think the money being found was accurate, or the amount, or he just was denying anything, again, who knows.

Exactly. I have friends and family that are so flaky that if they didn't show up I would go about my day and be like "what else is new?" when that would occur. I wouldn't try to contact them, and quite honestly, I wouldn't expect them to try to contact me, they like to wait the 2-3 days and be like "oh, I totally forgot, I'm so sorry." So the fact that DS didn't go, and didn't run over there earlier than he did is really not an important point for me. For all we know DS was a drinker and hung over and slept in. We just don't know what these peoples habits were, therefore how can we really say something is weird or out of character or not normal, because maybe it's more normal than ever. Maybe KR was always stood up by DS, so maybe it wasn't that strange that it happened that night. Maybe it was. We don't know. JMO.
The thing is, even if KR was used to being stood up by DS, he can't tell us.

It was said early on the family was meeting at a church....could that be when it was noted that he was missing?

I'm thinking that DS was sorta nominated/volunteered (along with the other relative) to go check things out. Odds are they were already guessing/fearing what they would find when they got there.

I'm thinking that DS was sorta nominated/volunteered (along with the other relative) to go check things out. Odds are they were already guessing/fearing what they would find when they got there.

Maybe Luke called DS and asked if he'd heard from him then they went over to check on him together.

I think I've read every post on every thread on this case, but forgive me if this has been settled. In BJM's 911 at the end, she says we need to check on Frankie.

I'm wondering if the garage was where they found or what they meant by "indoor grow operation." That would make sense to me since there were no children living there. I thought someone had stated before that you could fit hundreds of plants on a tray. I could be wrong though.
I'm wondering about DR's barn door and window being boarded up. That could be anything from DNA to bullet holes. I don't see how a barn door relates to a marijuana grow op, but then again I know nothing of grow ops.

I am actually from the county in Kentucky that has been mentioned, so if anyone has any questions about the county itself (as in locations/specific laws/etc.) feel free to ask. I was born and raised here, so I know a lot of people and I am very familiar with families much like the Rhodens.

One thing I see people focusing on is the cars, and while I understand that this is a concern because there were 18 of them towed (possibly more later on), I'm having trouble making a connection to the murders in any way that doesn't sound far fetched to me. Around here, especially out in the country, finding farms or farmland dotted with car shells and cars in various states of disrepair is not uncommon. And, there are literally 20-30 of these tiny used car lots with repurposed salvage cars, just in my county alone. Our neighboring counties are no different. I swear it seems like they're on every corner. It's hard for me to imagine that these guys had any kind of car racket going on like this that would warrant the murder of 8 people.

As for the weed...I just don't know. I am a hardcore news watcher, so I'm fairly up to date on the happenings around our area where drugs are concerned-plus, it's a fairly small area, so you hear about what they don't bother with putting on the news. It used to be the Florida-Kentucky pill mill problem...lots of opiates-oxycontin-percocet-hydrocodone. Once Kaspar was introduced and the authorities cracked down on these kinds of operations (both local and away), heroin made its way in to town, along with meth, bath salts, flakka...and a new one (for which a fairly large distributor was just busted in a local No-Tell Motel) called Alpha, which is basically like Meth with different ingredients as far as I could tell. As far as what is "trending" in the area? Heroin and Meth....with pot basically being an afterthought these days.

Alpha arrest- http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/New-Alpha-drug-operation-busted-in-Greenup-Kentucky-373877481.html

A lot of our heavier drugs come by way of the Detroit-Kentucky pipeline. There are an awfully lot of Detroit related arrests these days, usually always mixed in with a group of local people. I believe GR's parents (mom and stepdad) were a part of this when it was really just seeing its beginnings around here....which is how they came to have the record that has been discussed here.

Regardless, drugs are heavy around here. Super heavy, and super bad. I was recently reading that our tri state area (Kentucky-West Virginia-Ohio) has been plagued by a HUGE increase in overdose related deaths due to some Fentanyl laced heroin that has been making the rounds.

Fentanyl OD Report- http://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rec...cle_89189a0e-0b9f-11e6-9a67-4b72fef4f39e.html

There could easily be a Kentucky connection somehow, but I cannot wrap my head around it being simply about weed or cars. Don't get me wrong, I know people have been killed for way less...but this is a family of 8 people. Whoever did this was meticulous, and they had to know the movements of this family because of Dana's recent move, the relatively obscure location of KR's camper, the dogs, etc. We are talking about 7 adults and 1 sixteen year old...all people who moved around on different schedules. How did they know they were even home? How did they know DR had moved and where to find her? If they didn't know she'd moved, it stands to reason that BR may have been victim #9 if they'd gone there looking, right?

*sigh* So many questions!

I'm wondering about DR's barn door and window being boarded up. That could be anything from DNA to bullet holes. I don't see how a barn door relates to a marijuana grow op, but then again I know nothing of grow ops.

Me neither.

Groundhog day. :)

If you have anything new to add from media, AG, or the Sheriff, please feel free to post it, we need new info. We'd also like to go over what we do know in case we've missed something. However, I do love that movie, because finally in the end it worked out great. :D

Slightly OT, but that's another detail that I wonder about. It seems kind of unusual to me that someone gets up and works on cars at 5:30 am. That's pretty early, there's not much light at that time of year. It didn't look like Kenneth had much of a garage or an outdoor light bright enough to work on a car. The garage on his property wasn't that large and, since DS claims he found trays of pot in there, seems unlikely he worked on cars there, too.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Does it seem realistic Kenneth was working on cars at that hour of the morning, before sun up?

It does to me. Lots of people that live in the country get up very early. Well, lots of city slickers, too. haha. I honestly made the assumption in my mind he was working at Chris's house on cars. He could always string a trouble light out to the car. We did some when I was a kid.

I am actually from the county in Kentucky that has been mentioned, so if anyone has any questions about the county itself (as in locations/specific laws/etc.) feel free to ask. I was born and raised here, so I know a lot of people and I am very familiar with families much like the Rhodens.

One thing I see people focusing on is the cars, and while I understand that this is a concern because there were 18 of them towed (possibly more later on), I'm having trouble making a connection to the murders in any way that doesn't sound far fetched to me. Around here, especially out in the country, finding farms or farmland dotted with car shells and cars in various states of disrepair is not uncommon. And, there are literally 20-30 of these tiny used car lots with repurposed salvage cars, just in my county alone. Our neighboring counties are no different. I swear it seems like they're on every corner. It's hard for me to imagine that these guys had any kind of car racket going on like this that would warrant the murder of 8 people.

As for the weed...I just don't know. I am a hardcore news watcher, so I'm fairly up to date on the happenings around our area where drugs are concerned-plus, it's a fairly small area, so you hear about what they don't bother with putting on the news. It used to be the Florida-Kentucky pill mill problem...lots of opiates-oxycontin-percocet-hydrocodone. Once Kaspar was introduced and the authorities cracked down on these kinds of operations (both local and away), heroin made its way in to town, along with meth, bath salts, flakka...and a new one (for which a fairly large distributor was just busted in a local No-Tell Motel) called Alpha, which is basically like Meth with different ingredients as far as I could tell. As far as what is "trending" in the area? Heroin and Meth....with pot basically being an afterthought these days.

Alpha arrest- http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/New-Alpha-drug-operation-busted-in-Greenup-Kentucky-373877481.html

A lot of our heavier drugs come by way of the Detroit-Kentucky pipeline. There are an awfully lot of Detroit related arrests these days, usually always mixed in with a group of local people. I believe GR's parents (mom and stepdad) were a part of this when it was really just seeing its beginnings around here....which is how they came to have the record that has been discussed here.

Regardless, drugs are heavy around here. Super heavy, and super bad. I was recently reading that our tri state area (Kentucky-West Virginia-Ohio) has been plagued by a HUGE increase in overdose related deaths due to some Fentanyl laced heroin that has been making the rounds.

Fentanyl OD Report- http://www.herald-dispatch.com/_rec...cle_89189a0e-0b9f-11e6-9a67-4b72fef4f39e.html

There could easily be a Kentucky connection somehow, but I cannot wrap my head around it being simply about weed or cars. Don't get me wrong, I know people have been killed for way less...but this is a family of 8 people. Whoever did this was meticulous, and they had to know the movements of this family because of Dana's recent move, the relatively obscure location of KR's camper, the dogs, etc. We are talking about 7 adults and 1 sixteen year old...all people who moved around on different schedules. How did they know they were even home? How did they know DR had moved and where to find her? If they didn't know she'd moved, it stands to reason that BR may have been victim #9 if they'd gone there looking, right?

Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for your input. :)

I think I've read every post on every thread on this case, but forgive me if this has been settled. In BJM's 911 at the end, she says we need to check on Frankie.
OK, now I need to go listen again .

Great post!

I think it relates to whatever happened that night of the murders. How wonderful would it be if someone left their handprint on the window while looking in? Dream come true ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13