OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've read every post on every thread on this case, but forgive me if this has been settled. In BJM's 911 at the end, she says we need to check on Frankie.

I didn't hear anything remotely close to that.

I think it relates to whatever happened that night of the murders. How wonderful would it be if someone left their handprint on the window while looking in? Dream come true ...

I apologize if I missed something in one of the earlier threads. Was the barn door removed? I thought it was just boarded up to secure the property for who inherits it.

Oh. Question on the "1000 dollar bills".But wasn't there something about counterfeit bills somewhere nearby? Why in the world would you literally have 1000 $1 bills unless you just had the mother of all yard sales? Wow. Portsmouth is the county seat of Scioto County. Next door to Pike County where the murders were. Did we already discuss this? Just stop me now if that's the case.

Counterfeit link:

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Rash-of-counterfeit-money-hits-Portsmouth-377425691.html

I apologize if I missed something in one of the earlier threads. Was the barn door removed? I thought it was just boarded up to secure the property for who inherits it.

Pretty sure it's gone. It's really hard to board over a door like that without messing it up. I really doubt they would board it up for security since they havent released the scene. Nothing else we've seen looks boarded up. JMO.

Most of what I gave was links of the cartel in Ohio, and surrounding counties to Pike County, like the one Sheriff's comments to the media of them being in his county, and threatens the detectives families. However, I think the preliminary thoughts by the AG was in that line of thinking, because he was only going by what he knew at the time.

The number of shots to some of the victims shows this wasn't just an execution of shooting victims in the bed as they slept. I think anything is possible at this point, and I'm not discounting anyone's thoughts. I think everyone should feel free to express their theories and opinions based on the facts as we know them without ridicule or continued posts of shooting down what others feel for the thanks at the bottom of their comment. It only discourages people and they stop posting, as some have, because of it.

The bolded part was BBM. I think this is post of the day!

Great post!

Yes it is, also I was reading on the AG's twitter and he posted this...

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHAG/bulletins/147096a?reqfrom=share

(COLUMBUS, Ohio)— Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) today thanked Ohioans for properly disposing of an estimated 18 tons (36,408 pounds) of unneeded, unwanted, or expired prescription drugs during last Saturday's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.

The DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Initiative provides a safe, convenient, and responsible means of prescription drug disposal. Unused prescription drugs in homes create a public health and safety concern because the medications can be accidentally ingested, stolen, misused, and abused."

People burglarize homes around here just for their prescriptions laying around. They can sell them.

Yes it is, also I was reading on the AG's twitter and he posted this...

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHAG/bulletins/147096a?reqfrom=share

(COLUMBUS, Ohio)— Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) today thanked Ohioans for properly disposing of an estimated 18 tons (36,408 pounds) of unneeded, unwanted, or expired prescription drugs during last Saturday's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.

The DEA's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Initiative provides a safe, convenient, and responsible means of prescription drug disposal. Unused prescription drugs in homes create a public health and safety concern because the medications can be accidentally ingested, stolen, misused, and abused."

People burglarize homes around here just for their prescriptions laying around. They can sell them.

I've said it from the beginning. I think the drugs in the case include more than Pot. JMO.

What confused me regarding the $1,000 is that the DM article stated iirc that it was all in $1.00 denominations. That's 1,000 pieces of paper. To me there's no way that can be accurate. Now 10 $100 bills, I can see someone making a quick guess at that. But didn't the AG or sheriff debunk that? Or at least say they thought "it didn't sound accurate"?
I interpreted that statement to mean he didn't believe it was $1,000 in dollar bills, not that the money wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They didn't debunk it. Yes, he said something like that. It's frustrating.

Slightly OT, but that's another detail that I wonder about. It seems kind of unusual to me that someone gets up and works on cars at 5:30 am. That's pretty early, there's not much light at that time of year. It didn't look like Kenneth had much of a garage or an outdoor light bright enough to work on a car. The garage on his property wasn't that large and, since DS claims he found trays of pot in there, seems unlikely he worked on cars there, too.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co-man-recounts-discovering-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560167/One-victims-Ohio-family-massacre-1-000-cash-strewn-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Does it seem realistic Kenneth was working on cars at that hour of the morning, before sun up?

My DH is outside by then at the least, and done by 2. He goes to bed about 6 pm. I remember when we were just dating, and I called him one night about 8 and he didn't answer, I just thought he was out playing pool. I told him the next day that I called and he said he was in bed and I was like, Right... you were playing pool. Then when we started staying the night at each other's houses he would be ready for bed at 6 and I was like OHHHH. You really WERE in bed. LOL. So I don't find it strange that he was going to work on cars or start bush hogging or cut hay at 5:30. Mine does.

Slightly OT, but that's another detail that I wonder about. It seems kind of unusual to me that someone gets up and works on cars at 5:30 am. That's pretty early, there's not much light at that time of year. It didn't look like Kenneth had much of a garage or an outdoor light bright enough to work on a car. The garage on his property wasn't that large and, since DS claims he found trays of pot in there, seems unlikely he worked on cars there, too.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co-man-recounts-discovering-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3560167/One-victims-Ohio-family-massacre-1-000-cash-strewn-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Does it seem realistic Kenneth was working on cars at that hour of the morning, before sun up?

Oh, and I want to add that here in my town, the local diner opens at 3 am for the farmers to come get their biscuits and coffee before starting work at 4 or so.... so I am definitely NOT surprised at starting work on something at 5:30!

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...said-he-police-held-people-gunpoint/84153350/

Wow, this guy in Ross county, about 20 minutes away, impersonating an officer holding people at bay by gunpoint, because he said they were doing a drug deal. You never know if any vigilantes might want to take the law into their own hands, because they don't think LE is doing it, or revenge for anyone selling to family or friends and they blame the drug dealers. Just another avenue of thought, doubt it was this guy, but you never know if anyone else like him had the same thoughts.

Trust me, the majority of the drugs turned in at these events are not narcotics, and people generally do not have a lot of unused narcotic meds just laying around (unless they are dealers). They are either taken by someone in the household, given away, or sold.

Thanks! And, yes...the amount of burglaries around here that are specifically related to prescription drugs is UNREAL. Not only are they looking for narcotics of some kind, but they're looking for things that are easily sold/pawned/traded for a quick buck to get it on the street. Power tools seem to be a favorite item for the taking, any type of gun, easily moved electronics, etc. I live in a small town (population 5,000 and shrinking thanks to coal and steel cutbacks) and even here, where I grew up not locking my doors and playing outside after dark....it's bad. Sadly, my kids will never experience that same kind of freedom I had back then, and it sucks!

That barn is like mine.... the door slides on a track to the side....huge door. You can drive tractors, 18 wheelers, big equipment thru there. So I think the door was removed, not covered up. JMO as always

Trust me, the majority of the drugs turned in at these events are not narcotics, and people generally do not have a lot of unused narcotic meds just laying around (unless they are dealers). They are either taken by someone in the household, given away, or sold.

Maybe. Although when my mother passed away from cancer, I took her cancer drugs and painpills to a hospice. And I did it because I asked several friends what I should do with her medication (one cancer drug cost her $1000 per month AFTER insurance and I didn't want to just toss) and my friends suggested hospice. So.... hopefully your statement isn't totally true...

Thanks! And, yes...the amount of burglaries around here that are specifically related to prescription drugs is UNREAL. Not only are they looking for narcotics of some kind, but they're looking for things that are easily sold/pawned/traded for a quick buck to get it on the street. Power tools seem to be a favorite item for the taking, any type of gun, easily moved electronics, etc. I live in a small town (population 5,000 and shrinking thanks to coal and steel cutbacks) and even here, where I grew up not locking my doors and playing outside after dark....it's bad. Sadly, my kids will never experience that same kind of freedom I had back then, and it sucks!

Yes, I hear it on the scanner in my county all the time, and they love to take cellphones and meds laying around, or anything small to sell.

Back in the very beginning someone had said this would never be solved, time would go by, the press would stop, people would forget about it...

IMO We won't hear squat till the day they make the arrests and IMO they will.

Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for your input. :)

Yes, Estella, Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

Your local information is very helpful. There have been quite a few members here who have been discussing that connection from the beginning. You've helped fill in the blanks about what kind of activity is going on in the Tri-State area. It's so sad to hear of all these tragic drug deaths, so much addiction to really serious drugs.

That barn is like mine.... the door slides on a track to the side....huge door. You can drive tractors, 18 wheelers, big equipment thru there. So I think the door was removed, not covered up. JMO as always

I'm guessing because of the track, maybe they removed the door so that they could seal the opening, not because the door had any evidentiary value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214