OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"In my opinion, it will be solved, but it's a slow process," DeWine said. "When you don't have witnesses, when you only have a body – in this case, eight bodies - it takes time."

DeWine said the state's Bureau of Criminal Investigations is making this case priority No. 1.

"It's the most important case going in the state and we're going to continue to treat it like the most important case. On any given day, we've got 20 investigators from BCI in Pike County," DeWine said.

DeWine said his goal was not just to find the killers. "Our goal is convictions. We want convictions out of this horrible, horrible tragedy," he said.

"Right after this happened I said it would take time," DeWine said. "It's literally like putting a puzzle together. At some point, you start seeing a picture."

Yes, it's all DeWine-speak, but I'm wondering if "convictions" wasn't a slip of the tongue.

If so, it wouldn't appear be a major revelation as it seems likely there was more than one perp, IMO.

DeWine has a lot riding on this case and he doesn't appear to be giving himself much room in the event it goes unsolved.

I'm thinking we'll (eventually) see a number of arrests, including some that will not be directly related to the murders.

Or I'm totally wrong. :rollercoaster:

Maybe they released the information about the pot because it doesn't have to do with what they are thinking.

Who knows. I'm seriously just baffled at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped by me for relevance...

That's a GREAT point & observation!!!

I was thinking he might have meant cell phone video, as in maybe someone accidentally captured something earlier that night or maybe something strange in the days prior to the murder, while videoing on their cell phones. Or even an out of towner on the interstate they say is near there.

Sorry, the single parcel that is 40 acres is north of Left Fork Road ... the parcels on Union Hill Road are all small (1.25 to 2.5 acres) so there's no way you could even *fit* 100-150 cars on those properties ... which makes one wonder where they are finding all these cars in the first place.

I was just going to reply to you. I had typed something on phone and lost it.

Most of the acreage was not one of the 4 crime scenes.

3122 Union Hill - DR lived - owned by only CR - 6 acres + 2 acre lot next to it - Scioto County

1084 Left Fork - KR lived - owned by CR et al - 6 acres

4077 Union Hill - .35 acre owned by Only CR and where CR and FR lived. Plus the other 4 parcels there that are owned by CR et al are .10 + 2.5 + 1.25 + 1.25 for a total of 5.45 acres at the 4077 crime scene.

The other acreage on Left Fork is owned by CR et al in 3 parcels and not a crime scene. The three parcels are 7 acres, 8 acres and 40 acres. They are considered the 799 Left Fork properties.

Then there is a lone property owned by CR only that is 1.9 acres on Camp Creek Road. Not a crime scene. No one talks about this one....

So CR himself only owned 10.25 acres with the majority of it the 8 acres he bought In March 2016 for $120k The rest is owned by CR et al and the bulk of it at 799 Left Fork. Which is where I think the 5 search warrant was.

I think 100 - 150 cars is a game changer. They are building a hella case against someone.

I think 150 is wrong and totally exaggerated. I only believe 1/4 of what LM usually says. :) Perhaps 50 or 75 I'd believe but until someone other than LM says it, I'm not believing it.

It really is! Haha - or paying her in work on cars. They frequented auctions it sounded like - at least DS and KR, I'm assuming CRsr did as well, if not all of them - you can pick up cars cheap.

Or providing a home and land to live on for free. Though maybe he just promised that to his dying father that he'd take care of his "special friend" for him. Lots of possibilities.

I think 150 is wrong and totally exaggerated. I only believe 1/4 of what LM usually says. :) Perhaps 50 or 75 I'd believe but until someone other than LM says it, I'm not believing it.

I think you're right just based on the size of the parcels on Union Hill Road ... you couldn't fit in 100-150 cars even if you spread them across the ~5 acres held there ... and thanks for the detailed breakdown of the Rhoden property holdings.

Hopefully LM and BJM haven't screwed this up by talking to a reporter about this. The last I heard, the family had been told to zip it. Oh well, I guess time will tell. I am happy to hear about cameras, just hope it doesn't interfere with the investigation. Dewine is probably pretty pissed to hear they are talking. :thinking:

He doesn't specifically say the camera and lights were together.

"Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said."

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday."

He could be saying he had cameras AND flood lights. He doesn't specifically say they were placed together. So we don't know if he is saying the cameras could clearly see the cars and the people inside or if the lights illuminating could. JMO.

It also said, regarding cars being towed -

"Since the investigation started, Leonard Manley said, authorities have taken between 100 and 150 vehicles from the properties in and around Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s home as well as a backhoe and another piece of farming equipment."

So we don't know her vehicles were actually towed from his direct property. Remember those warrants we don't have.

JMO.

I just understood LMs statement to mean that the motion-sensor lights allowed the cars & people near the entrance of his home to be visible on camera. And I totally meant to type Chris Rhoden SR's properties (plural)... but BJM is quoted saying 4 of the vehicles were hers. The way it's worded in the article led me to believe she was referring to 4 of the towed vehicles.

My apologies.
No biggie... feel free to make any corrections needed.

3122 Union Hill - DR lived - owned by only CR - 6 acres + 2 acre lot next to it - Scioto County

4077 Union Hill - .35 acre owned by Only CR and where CR and FR lived. Plus the other 4 parcels there that are owned by CR et al are .10 + 2.5 + 1.25 + 1.25 for a total of 5.45 acres at the 4077 crime scene.

The other acreage on Left Fork is owned by CR et al in 3 parcels and not a crime scene. The three parcels are 7 acres, 8 acres and 40 acres. They are considered the 799 Left Fork properties.

Then there is a lone property owned by CR only that is 1.9 acres on Camp Creek Road. Not a crime scene. No one talks about this one....

So CR himself only owned 10.25 acres with the majority of it the 8 acres he bought In March 2016 for $120k The rest is owned by CR et al and the bulk of it at 799 Left Fork. Which is where I think the 5 search warrant was.
so from a hunters perspective they didn't really have any prime hunting land. Except for maybe those 40acres. I wonder if anyone let them hunt adjoining properties. I noticed CRjr and FR were deer hunters. FR had a pic with what looked to be a turkey. So maybe the sound of atvs and gunshots may not have been out of norm for that morning if the boys were going to go hunting that morning. If I'm not going and just the guys go I roll back over and go to sleep if I hear target shots or the atvs.

Yeah, 799 Left Fork makes sense for #5 search warrant. Without looking at an aerial map, I think there was a number of cars there?

The Camp Creek Road parcel...do you know if anyone was living there? Either presently or not too long ago? Addresses throw me off at times.

You seriously rock for providing this summary, btw.

Not meaning to be THAT person but BJM is DR's sister.

I don't know why I wrote that; I was in a rush I suppose. Again, my apologies.
Eek. Maybe I should keep these crazy notes of mine to myself from now on so that I don't confuse everyone.

so from a hunters perspective they didn't really have any prime hunting land. Except for maybe those 40acres. I wonder if anyone let them hunt adjoining properties. I noticed CRjr and FR were deer hunters. FR had a pic with what looked to be a turkey. So maybe the sound of atvs and gunshots may not have been out of norm for that morning if the boys were going to go hunting that morning. If I'm not going and just the guys go I roll back over and go to sleep if I hear target shots or the atvs.

Well... The must have had an agreement with one of the property owners because much of their junk and even the big long barn are on the neighbors property. I mentioned it before that maybe they were renting from the land owner or providing another service to them. You let me put my barn and junk here and I'll do x y z for you. Idk

I think you're right just based on the size of the parcels on Union Hill Road ... you couldn't fit in 100-150 cars even if you spread them across the ~5 acres held there ... and thanks for the detailed breakdown of the Rhoden property holdings.

I wouldn't say impossible. And it says they were towed from in and around CRsr properties. They don't specify which ones or crime scenes. It also sounds like they were towed off of multiple properties with the way they worded it. There is also that HUGE pole barn that could fit a lot of cars in it and shells of cars in it, on top of what was scattered in his yard, and wherever else they towed from in and around there. JMO.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ors-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Since the investigation started,*Leonard Manley said, authorities have taken between 100 and 150 vehicles from the properties in and around Christopher Rhoden*Sr.’s home as well as a backhoe and another piece of farming equipment.

Yeah, 799 Left Fork makes sense for #5 search warrant. Without looking at an aerial map, I think there was a number of cars there?

The Camp Creek Road parcel...do you know if anyone was living there? Either presently or not too long ago? Addresses throw me off at times.

I know who lives there ;) however I am not sure if I can say. I did sort of mention the special friend in another post.

Yes, there appears to be several cars at 799 Left Fork.

100 to 150 cars. It's mind boggling especially in a crime scene.

She feeds animals, she cleans trailers, AND she owns 4 cars? Not bad for someone from an economically depressed area.

Do any of these people have regular jobs, (other than DR and HR who worked in the medical field) or are they all just doing really really well in their self employed ventures? 100 to 150 cars, a semi, a backhoe, and farm equipment? sigh. I am in the wrong business.

It may have been four non running cars worth very little...

I believe the State owns alot of the property adjoining Union Hill Road, alongside Route 32. I am not sure how far back it goes into the woods though as it is mostly hillside. I do know that there are many hunters parked there during turkey and deer season, some with 4 wheelers.

Well... The must have had an agreement with one of the property owners because much of their junk and even the big long barn are on the neighbors property. I mentioned it before that maybe they were renting from the land owner or providing another service to them. You let me put my barn and junk here and I'll do x y z for you. Idk

I think the big long barn is on one of those parcels owned by CRsr ... they're all adjoining properties ... did anyone find out the build date for that big long barn? It looks nice, much nicer than the trailers they lived in anyway. Makes sense that it could house a pretty big pot growing operation.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rhodenabove.jpg
    rhodenabove.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 461
Maybe they released the information about the pot because it doesn't have to do with what they are thinking.

Who knows. I'm seriously just baffled at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking the same thing.

I found 3 people assoicated with this property or area 799-1084. 2 being family via public court records. Haven't had the time to check more though. And yes Danya is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member