OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorney General Mike DeWine said Tuesday authorities have acquired video in what is on course to become the most time-consuming investigation in Ohio history, but need more of it.

"We reached out to people initially that we thought might have video," DeWine said during a media session in his Cincinnati office. "We were able to obtain some video."

had at least two video cameras

Bobby Jo Manley said, authorities towed a semi-tractor trailer from the property. Bobby Jo Manley said it had “flea market stuff” in it. Four of the cars that authorities have taken are her cars, she said.

.... agents working the case accounts for roughly 25 percent of BCI's staff,

... by the time this is done it will be the biggest investigation BCI has every done. In terms of hours logged on one case."

... donation of billboard space by the Pike County commissioners.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/10/investigators-seek-relevant-pike-county-video/84186366/

Everyone out here has access to electric, there were even cut outs in the woods right by the property for electric lines, I don't understand why there would be a need for gas....

Propane heat is much less expensive than electric heat or at least it used to be. You can have a propane stove, water heater, and furnace...

Propane heat is much less expensive than electric heat or at least it used to be. You can have a propane stove, water heater, and furnace...

MUCH cheaper. Not that propane is that cheap, but using electricity for everything is outrageous. And if you don't have options, like us, propane it is.

I wish this interview with BJM was video. I'd love to see the demeanor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand it being a traumatic experience. But I feel a lot of BJM's wording is just weird. JMO.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the quotes in that article seemed pretty normal. The narrative was sort of awkward and not very clear at times. I chalk that up to Chris Graves being a lousy journalist.
I've been inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt all along since finding what she found is about the worst experience a person could ever have. After reading this piece, despite its high school newspaper quality writing, I'm even more inclined to give her a pass.

Everyone out here has access to electric, there were even cut outs in the woods right by the property for electric lines, I don't understand why there would be a need for gas....

Because it gets COLD in Ohio in the winter, especially if you are "up on the ridge" where the wind blows. Propane is a much cheaper source of heat than electric.

"According to Leonard Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls, a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs" that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce.

"Why wouldn't they do that?" Leonard Manley said. "Somebody had to know them dogs."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

"Stone revealed that his cousin owned a 'ferocious' pitball dog called Brownie and believed the killer must have been known to him.

'Brownie is a ferocious dog Kenneth had for protection. He was a guard dog."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Yes, DS described KR's dog as ferocious, but LM also described dogs at CRsr's as fierce.

As I've said from the beginning, but can't say more because of TOS, if the killer had training, experience, was a dog handler - and had motive, it makes more sense. If the killer tried to extort money and used Dana as the messenger, it makes even more. If the Rhodens said no on the 18th and were dead on the 21st - you have to wonder who stood to lose on the 22nd.

"Also found dead in that trailer:

Dana Rhoden's and Chris Rhoden Sr.'s daughter, Hanna Rhoden, 19. She was shot to death in bed with her 5-day-old daughter, Kylie, lying next to her, authorities said. Kylie was alive and remains in the custody of protective services.
Chris Rhoden, Jr., 16, a high school freshman who'd recently earned his driver's license."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Yes I see it says that but the author is saying that. That did not come from the families mouth go look how it's written. It said that BM brother went heard the baby cry did not want to see his niece like that and backed out. Then it states in smaller wording what the press has reported that the 3 were found IN the trailer.

Because it gets COLD in Ohio in the winter, especially if you are "up on the ridge" where the wind blows. Propane is a much cheaper source of heat than electric.
I know, I'm from there. In my original post I said I hadn't seen them used outside of heating, but personally never in a trailer. I was wrong apparently and I digress. [emoji4]

"According to Leonard Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls, a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs" that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce.

"Why wouldn't they do that?" Leonard Manley said. "Somebody had to know them dogs."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/

"Stone revealed that his cousin owned a 'ferocious' pitball dog called Brownie and believed the killer must have been known to him.

'Brownie is a ferocious dog Kenneth had for protection. He was a guard dog."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Yes, DS described KR's dog as ferocious, but LM also described dogs at CRsr's as fierce.

Excuse me, I forgot that piece in that particular article. However, I take that to mean dogs total, at all locations. Remember, they did not just got to CR1s house, they went to all of them. I took that to mean the dogs cumulatively. The coon hounds are obviously there and chained and there's dog runs in the back. You can ask different people about a dog and they'll give you different answers. Ask one of my relatives about my Rottweiler and they'll tell you she's a sweetheart, ask another and you'll get a completely different answer.

I thought the quotes in that article seemed pretty normal. The narrative was sort of awkward and not very clear at times. I chalk that up to Chris Graves being a lousy journalist.
I've been inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt all along since finding what she found is about the worst experience a person could ever have. After reading this piece, despite its high school newspaper quality writing, I'm even more inclined to give her a pass.

Oh I've definitely not been on the BJM did this bandwagon at all. Maybe it is the narrative. It is just written weird.

What specifically? Let's discuss.

I think as Pheasant pointed out, it's more the narrative. Just the way they describe her not remembering anything and such. I think it IS more the writing now that I'm re reading it.

“I said: ‘Where is your daddy? Where is your daddy?'’’ she said. “He pointed to the bedroom.”

That’s when she discovered her nephew and his fiancee dead in bed.

cincinnati.com

It's highly probable a 3yr old could unlock the door my 14mo old tries but is
not tall enough and I'm sure he was in shock, and did not understand what happened hence just pointed.

Excuse me, I forgot that piece in that particular article. However, I take that to mean dogs total, at all locations. Remember, they did not just got to CR1s house, they went to all of them. I took that to mean the dogs cumulatively. The coon hounds are obviously there and chained and there's dog runs in the back. You can ask different people about a dog and they'll give you different answers. Ask one of my relatives about my Rottweiler and they'll tell you she's a sweetheart, ask another and you'll get a completely different answer.

In the most recent article, BJM states 2 dogs were on the porch which was odd because they are usually in the house.

I'm just more curious if all locations had dogs, we know KR did, we know CRsr did tied up out back, but now BJM also states 2 dogs that sounds like they weren't chained up at CRsr's?

"She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said."

It's highly probable a 3yr old could unlock the door my 14mo old tries but not tall enough and I'm sure he was in shock, and did not understand what happened hence just pointed.
I hope that kid don't remember anything. If he was awake and aware enough to unlock the door and direct her to his dad then he must have seen his dad and Hannah dead.

I watched the video of him helping cut the roof sign off the derby car this weekend and it breaks my heart to think of what he has seen/possibly witnessed. Still he has so much Innocence : /

In the most recent article, BJM states 2 dogs were on the porch which was odd because they are usually in the house.

I'm just more curious if all locations had dogs, we know KR did, we know CRsr did tied up out back, but now BJM also states 2 dogs that sounds like they weren't chained up at CRsr's?

"She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said."
You can see a recliner on the front porch in one of the earlier pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro