OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI and DEA both have been providing assistance. It's in a news article in the media thread from earlier in the case.

I do recall the AG (I believe) stated the FBI was there to assist. Thanks.

This is all costing alot, more than the county could probably afford. This sounds like there's some big fish to fry, and they're probably going to recreate the scenes for a jury, and make no mistakes. I'm sure they know alot more than what we think with all they're putting into it.
I agree winterrose. I think they are working on solid conviction(s).

In my opinion, this is far more than an 8 person homicide investigation. I believe this case has kicked off multiple other criminal investigations, and may even be assisting in ones they were already working on. I think LE is very deep into many things and aren't trying to compromise the likely multiple ongoing investigations. JMO.

They may not trust people with access to that many crime scenes, considering everything that happened and has been uncovered, which is kinda understandable. Though it is odd. No, it's not common to move houses for an investigation. But it's not everyday 8 people are murdered and this much stuff gets uncovered.. And imagine what we don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random site with average cost of moving mobile homes. Waverly is just a few miles away too.

Typical costs:

In a transport-only move the readied unit is attached to a towing vehicle, moved to the new location and unattached for about $700-$1,000 for a single-wide home moving up to 60 miles, $2,000-$2,500 for a double wide and $2,600-$3,500 for a triple wide, depending on the length and height of the home, the location, travel distance and local regulations. These rates are based on per-mile charges. Shorter distances will cost less, longer moves will cost more.

http://home.costhelper.com/mobile-home-transport.html

Average patrol officer's salary in Chillicothe (closest I could find) plus consider overtime at 24/7.

How much does a Police Patrol Officer in Chillicothe, OH make? The median annual Police Patrol Officer salary in Chillicothe, OH is $47,792, as of April 26, 2016, with a range usually between $39,800-$56,391 not including bonus and benefit information and other factors that impact base pay.

http://www1.salary.com/OH/Chillicothe/police-officer-salary.html

And I agree it could be seizing assets.

Besides boarding up all the windows and doors, they probably had to board the roof on the 1 trailer so the tarps didn't blow off....

ETA: Also the time and cost of paying someone to get them ready to move. For example, unhooking the utilities - electric, water, etc. and making sure the tires are suitable for pulling it and/or replacing tires, boarding up windows, roof probably in at least 1 case. Oh my, all the expenses... I hope and pray all this leads to arrest (s) and conviction (s) in the near future.

Random site with average cost of moving mobile homes. Waverly is just a few miles away too.

http://home.costhelper.com/mobile-home-transport.html

Average patrol officer's salary in Chillicothe (closest I could find) plus consider overtime at 24/7.

http://www1.salary.com/OH/Chillicothe/police-officer-salary.html

And I agree it could be seizing assets.

Also they've had alot of vehicles towed. Do we know where yet, or are they at the same place as the mobile homes?

Huh? This is odd IMO.
Scratching head...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Seriously strange. They tow a bunch of junk cars, now towing the trailers, what's next? Excavating the dirt? What in the Sam Hill is going on with this investigation? Are they just determined to clean the place up? Geez. Doing more than scratching my head here, I have graduated to pulling my hair out now.

RE: The windows being open. Here's the weather (highs and lows) for Peebles in April. The low was around 60. Might be cold to some, but I'd probably have the window open at night. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/peebles-oh/45660/april-weather/2190673?monyr=4/1/2016

I'm editing this now because I was wrong! You were right! Still, though....can you climb into a window in a small bedroom, open or not, and manage to make practically NO sound! Those rooms aren't big in trailers that size. It truly baffles me...

Never mind, the vehicles are at the command center, also. Wow, that's a big command center then.

"Lines of cars, pickup trucks, minivans, three semi-tractor trailers, a backhoe, four dump trucks as well as various ATVs were parked inside a fenced area at a warehouse the police are using as their command center Tuesday night. They remained on the lot Thursday afternoon.

Manley and other family members confirmed the vehicles were taken from the property. He said authorities have towed vehicles to impound lots, as well."

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/OHAG/bulletins/148a58d?reqfrom=share

Pike County Homes Relocated to Preserve Crime Scenes
Ohio Attorney General sent this bulletin at 05/12/2016 03:00 PM EDT

The decision to move the homes was made in order to preserve the crime scenes in the conditions in which they were found in an effort to assist with the ongoing investigation and anticipated prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the mass murders.

@ Estella

The low on the 21st was 62, the low on the 22nd was 58.

The high temp was 79 on the 21st. I wonder if a mobile home gets hotter during the day. If so, it'd be another reason to keep the windows open that night.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The command center is located on the grounds of a local chemical plant, a large, fenced and secure property that includes garage bays and loading docks. Vehicles, truck trailers and excavation equipment already removed from the Rhoden properties are visible at the command center.

Vehicles and equipment are still being transported from the properties to the command center. There is no timetable to reopen Union Hill Road or release the properties back to family members.

The high temp was 79 on the 21st. I wonder if a mobile home gets hotter during the day. If so, it'd be another reason to keep the windows open that night.
They do get hotter during the day. The building materials and insulation is not as robust as a regular home. I have relatives that live in the middle of nowhere in a trailer, and it is brutal in the summer with no shade.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think this crime is interstate in scope.

And how the heck are they going to move and store DRs home? It looks to have been added on a few times.

I know they can move it...but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members