OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also curious:

He could have been moved back to the bed after he was killed. This indicates there may have been a struggle, unless the black eye is from a gunshot, idk. The open windows are most likely how they exited. Either the killers entered through unlocked doors or they were let in.

Again with the leaving by the window. Why would they leave by the window--especially if they were able to enter by the door? Depending on the type of lock it is very often easy to close and lock a door on leaving without having a key. It also appears as though a key was readily available somewhere on the property (or the killer had their own key?). I might buy that the killer entered through a window--but why on earth go out through a window? IJS

I have a question about the black eye. If he got hit in the eye right before he got shot, would it be black? Or does that imply he got it sometime before being shot? Black eyes are usually slow to formation right? I mean they may be puffy, but take a while to turn black. Mine were when my graceful self fell down the stairs and face planted, breaking my nose. I could post pictures of the first couple of days showing the progression, but I don't want to scare everyone off, lololololol.

I was thinking that he'd been shot through the eye. If shot at point blank range, through the eye, it is very doubtful one would survive.

That's the one thing I can't figure. If you drag someone, normally, you would grab them from behind, under the armpits OR you would grab them by their heels, elevate the legs and pull.

How did the bodies end up on their bellies in the backroom? Dragging a body face down would be the hardest way to accomplish a drag.

eta: not that I'm an expert on dragging dead bodies or anything :confused::

Could it be they crawled there trying to get to a weapon?

I'm not surprised that BJM was a helper for the family, that's not unusual, it probably helped her out for some money feeding the animals and cleaning the homes. If she thought it was unusual the doors were locked, maybe they were all early risers.

So both Hannah and Hanna had their babies next to them when shot, Frankie's black eye could've been a punch or butt of a gun to knock him back to shoot them if he started to get up. Appears like it all went down quick. Seems like if Hanna had heard the shots or knew what was going on she wouldn't have been found in the bed, but grabbed the baby to hide, or run, as Hannah to get to the oldest.

If they were robbing them they wouldn't have had to kill them, esp the shot to the head to make sure they were dead. With the dogs normally inside but outside when she got there the opened windows might've been staged. Not sure about CRs or Gary, but looks like someone just went in to quickly execute them. Who in the world could hate them this much, know all of them, and be evil enough to shoot two mothers with babies next to them?

The bruised/black eye appearance most likely came from the GSW to the head IMO. :(

If I've missed it, apologies, or if not allowed, sorry.

70 Millers Lane, Waverly Ohio.

Please, can someone look at that on google earth and evaluate what we are seeing.
My iPad is not good for close up or details.
Property records on this could be interesting, if not already looked at.
Maybe I'm behind on this.

Okay, now to me (with headphones) I'm almost sure she says, "Oh Jesus, Frankie!" and is crying.

I think that's right ... discounting the power of suggestion, that's what I hear now too. Can you make out what the soft (child's?) voice says at the very end? Two words?

That's the one thing I can't figure. If you drag someone, normally, you would grab them from behind, under the armpits OR you would grab them by their heels, elevate the legs and pull.

How did the bodies end up on their bellies in the backroom? Dragging a body face down would be the hardest way to accomplish a drag.

eta: not that I'm an expert on dragging dead bodies or anything :confused::
Maybe the marks are from someone crawling, not being dragged??

I'm not surprised that BJM was a helper for the family, that's not unusual, it probably helped her out for some money feeding the animals and cleaning the homes. If she thought it was unusual the doors were locked, maybe they were all early risers.

So both Hannah and Hanna had their babies next to them when shot, Frankie's black eye could've been a punch or butt of a gun to knock him back to shoot them if he started to get up. Appears like it all went down quick. Seems like if Hanna had heard the shots or knew what was going on she wouldn't have been found in the bed, but grabbed the baby to hide, or run, as Hannah to get to the oldest.

If they were robbing them they wouldn't have had to kill them, esp the shot to the head to make sure they were dead. With the dogs normally inside but outside when she got there the opened windows might've been staged. Not sure about CRs or Gary, but looks like someone just went in to quickly execute them. Who in the world could hate them this much, know all of them, and be evil enough to shoot two mothers with babies next to them?

If you come into my home, beat me and rob me, you most certainly better kill me, especially if I know who you are and have a large family that loves to fight to back me up.

I don't see the fact that they were killed would rule out robbery as a motive.

Again with the leaving by the window. Why would they leave by the window--especially if they were able to enter by the door? Depending on the type of lock it is very often easy to close and lock a door on leaving without having a key. It also appears as though a key was readily available somewhere on the property (or the killer had their own key?). I might buy that the killer entered through a window--but why on earth go out through a window? IJS

If they had entered through a window I believe the dogs would have gone ballistic and woke everyone up. I don't know what type of locks they had on their doors- it could be the type that locks behind you when closed or it could be a lock that needs a key to lock up from the outside. I'm thinking they might have locked the doors from the inside before heading out the back. The dogs were outside one of the homes sitting on the porch when they were usually inside. This makes me wonder if they were let out when the killers entered either by being let in by a family member or quietly opening the front door if they had a key or knew where the spare was hidden. Opening the front door with a key would have caused some commotion by the dogs imo.

Some posts were just removed.

Please remember that sleuthing the still living family members is not allowed. This includes reading their Facebook posts and then discussing here.

Thanks,

tlcya

If you want to see something that will further break your heart, go to Dana Rhoden FB, March 22 and 21.

photo of interior of her new home
photo of CR jr cleaning ceiling fan
read brief captions/comments

It seemed wrong to see this and I said a little prayer.
This case is very hard on all.
Imagine LE and Crime Scene people dealing with this daily, constantly.

Can you post a link to the picture?

Something "we" need today.

1. A new flyover of the property. Anyone care to rent a helicopter and video it all for us? I'd like to see what's left of the cars. Short of that, call a news station and bug them. :)

A lot of things can cause a "black eye". A friend of mine had surgery on her upper jaw several weeks ago, and the surgery caused a swollen, black eye to form.

When I was a teen, myself and a group of friends decided to play "dodgeball" with walnuts. I took one right to the eye and the black eye was instant. It depends on how hard and with what force how fast a black eye will develop. I would imagine a full force swing with the metal butt of a gun would lead to a rapid black eye.

Clarence Rhoden's prison admission date was 4/7/1998 for sexual battery, just over 18 years ago. I don't know the age of his victim or when exactly the crime was committed, but that might give someone a motive to wipe out the entire family ... a revenge killing long in the making? Not sure if this theory brought up in any of the hundreds (thousands?) of prior forum posts?

Could have been sexual battery against his wife/ex-wife. It happens.

In Clarence R.sr's (CR1&KRs father) obituary, BM and her kids (LM and BS) is described as very special to him. I've seen it mentioned earlier, but I haven't seen any explanation (speculation ;) ). Why would he have such strong connection with his daughter in law's younger sister? :confused:

This is what I am refering to: http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

I wonder if perhaps LM was not the most capable father. No specific thing, just sort of a general sense I get from him based on his being willing to kind of run-off at the mouth for the press early-on, and my sense that perhaps what the rest of the family might have known he wasn't always privy to. Sometimes people/kids gravitate to surrogate parents/family when there is some deficit within their own. Myo wn parents were dead before I had any children--but we had grandparents nonetheless. So I would wonder if perhaps Clarence just picked up and brought BJ under his wing as Dana's sister whose kids needed stuff (could have been Christmas and birthday presents, or just elder-wisdom) that LM didn't have to give. Sort of evening things out among the cousins. Some people are just like that.

I totally agree....I found it odd that anyone would be looking for shell casings in the midst of all this carnage. Baby in between parents covered in blood, two people you know and love but you are looking for shell casings?!? Something off here.

I listened with headphones too ... I don't hear "please don't hurt me" ... she's talking to the child, says something to the child, and he says something in return, but I don't think it's "good job."

​[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

I listened again also and don't make it out to be don't hurt me. When I had first listened I thought the wail was something like "who could..." or something along those lines. Whatever is said in the background however is cut off by the hang-up so it is hard to reach any conclusions about it.

I don't believe she was talking to a kid, however. I think she went to the other home--where the kids were--after the 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon