OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if you can work out a deal with North Korea.

If I had to rank every theory on this case, Uranium would be 2nd to last, barely edging out Martians. It may even be a tie.

Lil Kim ain't the only one in the market.

Wasn't my theory, but I'd heard it before and commented because it was just posted. Doesn't hurt to consider new ideas, does it?

Anything can be stolen, then sold. But if the thief gets cold feet or his trail gets hot, he usually ditches the goods.

ETA: I can easily outline a scenario where this is plausible, but it may not be allowed.

If that were the case wouldn't it be much more practical and cheaper to purchase another trailer and put it on land he already owned?

There were already trailers on the other land that he owned, also, w/the exception of the land that CR1 had his trailer (along w/ FR's) and one other location across town, the properties were owned et. al., so that would likely require he go to his brothers and ask if he could place a structure, run water, electric, septic, etc... for a trailer to be placed on what is also their land. Land and family et. al.s can be hairy. I don't know that theirs was, but it seems the sisters wanted nothing to do with the land. Also, the property he bought probably had all of the necessary hookups and no one to come out and put in such things as sewer, electricity, etc... Also, at one time I think she lived at the rental property, which makes me believe he wanted to move in w/her but be close to what I'm thinking became the "business" trailer.

I see 2 potential scenarios that could make the land (acreage) in question interesting and appealing to other parties.

Scenario1
The land contains assets OR future potential for profit known to only a few insiders. This would make the land very appealing to people who want the land for financial gain.

Scenario 2.
That land contained something decades ago that was detrimental to the health of those who lived/worked in that area which has caused permanent damage. In that case land may be changing hands by the party who is attempting to HIDE the land and it's secrets or cover it up before it costs then millions in lawsuits.
ANYONE GET MY DRIFT?

It would seem scenario #2 would drive the price down, not up, if I understand correctly?

We know where the fifth location is at don't we? And who live there? Just not why they were searching there, correct? Could it be just the proximity to KR? And the fact that they were left unscathed?

You mean BR? I guess it totally could be -- I wasn't sure if that's what this video ( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp) was referring to or not. For some reason I thought he was a lot closer (500 yds) and that this was 1-2 miles away from LFR based on what the poster wrote. Maybe I misread though!

EDIT: Never mind, I was under the impression that this was a new video from this past Friday, not one from April 22. I still don't get why he is saying fifth location though, if that is DR's place, which would be the fourth.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

IMO we've all been down the rabbit hole in regards to the purchase of this property.

I agree, but at the very least, we've debunked the " 'Hey, CR paid $120,000 cash for that property so I bet he's got more, let's go rob him and kill his whole family' said one of the locals theory." ;)

Yeah, but why. LOL. We just keep going there.

Probably my fault :tomato: The discussion was on the decrease of the value of the property after the trailer was removed and it didn't make sense since the property was never worth the price we were told.

Lil Kim ain't the only one in the market.

Wasn't my theory, but I'd heard it before and commented because it was just posted. Doesn't hurt to consider new ideas, does it?

Anything can be stolen, then sold. But if the thief gets cold feet or his trail gets hot, he usually ditches the goods.

ETA: I can easily outline a scenario where this is plausible, but it may not be allowed.

Sure.
I know it wasn't your theory, and I think we could probably come up with several plausible theories regarding uranium.

The original theory, though, was that someone was trying to cover up contamination on that property. If I understood it correctly, that these people were killed because CR had purchased the land knowing it was contaminated, and was going to somehow profit from that knowledge. The killings prevented a large outlay of money by one of the corporations that ran the plant, or by the federal government. I can make just as good of an argument the Boy Scouts did it so they could build a new camp.

Probably my fault :tomato: The discussion was on the decrease of the value of the property after the trailer was removed and it didn't make sense since the property was never worth the price we were told.
It's okay lol.

This whole thing is driving me nuts! I wish we knew for sure where that 5th search was done because I believe it could at least give us some insight into LE theory. The video posted is so darned vague! Where the heck is that guy standing?!

I don't mean to sound disrespectful here, but I don't buy it. Their lives may have been simple on the surface when you look at pictures and hear stories from the family, but they were clearly extremely complicated otherwise. I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to the trouble of growing and/or selling something (be it pot, chickens, cars....) that would invite all sorts of trouble into their lives without some kind of large return. You're investing time, property, peace of mind, safety....the list goes on. No, you're looking for bigger and better, not the same ol', same ol'.

I get how flaunting it would be a bad idea, and it's smart not to....but there are literally 0 signs thus far that there was any kind of true money at play here, aside from that property purchased with cash.

All we know for sure that they found was 200 pot plants growing indoors. That will, on a really good grow, maybe net them 80k. The more plants you have, the more you have to go wrong, and the more work that there is. If you have 10 plants in one growing box and one gets a disease, you've lost all 10. It's like any other type of farming, some crops are great, others not so much. So, say they net 80k three times per year. That's 240k annually to be divided between everyone involved. We figure that there are at least three, most likely four, individuals involved. So that breaks it down to $60k net, per year per person, if there's four of them. Demolition derby is an expensive hobby. A lot of folks would rather spend money on their hobbies, having fun w/their families, and live a simple, non-extravagant life.

This whole thing is driving me nuts! I wish we knew for sure where that 5th search was done because I believe it could at least give us some insight into LE theory. The video posted is so darned vague! Where the heck is that guy standing?!

I know right?! And it seems that this fifth "potential scene" was found pretty quickly on Friday. Hmm maybe there is some truth to the woods rumor?

I live in Ohio about an hour away and have been following since the news broke. There was definitely a bunch of confusion early on (reports saying a teenager killed his family, etc), but during that early live coverage they def reported that there was an outdoor wooded location where a body was found. Not sure if you would need a search warrant for that, though?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member